14

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Daddy!” He greeted as soon as he opens the door of their unit.

 

“Where’s mom baby?” asked Siwon with a handful of grocery bags.

“At the grocery daddy, but she said she’ll be back soon.” He settles the bunch of paper bags by the counter and slumped their bodies together on the couch.

 

“Is that so? Hmm what shall we do first buddy?” He was lying on his dad’s stomach as Siwon’s playful hands found its way to Yuan’s sides tickling the younger.

“Daddy..enough *hahaha.. Dad” he was catching his breath pleading to his father.

 

“I see. Let’s get you washed first. What do you say baby? So by the time mommy comes back you’ll smell good.” He suggested upon the sight of him still on his pjs.

“You’ll help me take a bath?” asked Yuan with wide innocent eyes.

“Of course. Let’s go.” He plays superman floating Yuan up in the air and eventually stripping his clothes one by one.

 

“yaaay..its a shark dad.” he’s having so much fun watching his reflection on the mirror as Siwon plays with his bubbly hair.

“Dad, you should take a bath too. So that you’ll smell good when mommy comes back.” He smiles evilly.

 

“I’m done taking a bath baby. Since Daddy needs to attend a meeting with clients early in the morning.” Siwon explains while slightly shielding himself with his big palms.

“No way. Just bath again with me.” Argued the younger, splashing water on his shirt and is jumping to wipe the bubbles on his neck, as he is within eye level with him.

“Aigoo.Don’t. I don’t have a change of clothes.” He pleads to his son, but its too late he’s damping wet. And he was left with no choice as he removes his shirt to dry fast later.

 

“Daddy..noooo!” the thing that Tiffany heard as soon as she enters the house. She was surprised to see a lot bags on the counter, and it was just then she realized maybe he was here already. And also considering Yuan is only screaming happily like that when he’s with Siwon. Boys are boys, that’s what they say. And she just lives up to understand that statement every time.

“Yuan, what’s happeni---“ she opens the bathroom door, and two bodies playing with the water welcomed her sight. There’s Yuan just on his undies playing with the bubbles on his head. Well Siwon, just half without a shirt, clearly showing his toned torso.

 

“Mommy!” they both stopped with their business as they sight diverted unto the woman by the door.

 

“Uh, Hi” he awkwardly greeted.

“Hi.” She replied intently staring at him, like he’s about to receive his judgement from her eyes.

 

“Um..both of you please finish up fast. You can catch a cold.” Immediately she closed the door hands still tightly attached unto the doorknob. Her cheeks turning into a tomato, she’s really blushing like crazy.

 

That toned abdomen is still there.

It’s really been awhile.

---

 

“Boys what’s--------“ she’s about to barge in the bathroom door once again, but the next statement are enough to not twist the door handle.

 

“Baby, you must take care of mommy when daddy’s not here okay?” She heard Siwon instilling his serious words on Yuan.

“Why? Where are you going dad?” the younger asks innocently. If she could just witness the scene she would swear that Yuan’s eyes would be round enough with curiousness.

 

“Um..It’s just that Daddy needs to go back to Korea and-----“ As if by reflex she inched her ear closer to the wooden door to decipher every word clearly.

“No!” she flinched at the raised voice of Yuan. “You’re leaving me and mommy?” he sounded like he’s about to cry.

 

“I’ll be back fast. I promise.” Siwon assured.

 

“Promise??”

 

“But you have to be a good boy to mommy understand?” Tiffany immediately stood straight and eyed the shadows of two people talking inside. She couldn’t help but feel hurt. Why is she disappointed? Her hold on the fabric tightened as thoughts began flowing in her mind. He’s leaving, again. Too much for ‘I’m staying for good’ then she scoffed remembering his exact words.   

 

“Yes sir!”

“That’s my boy. Come on. Enough of playing before mommy barge in here again.”

 

“Ooops. Mommy’s here Dad.” Iyu shouted laughing, like they have been caught red handed.

 

“I..uh..here’s the towel you two.” She awkwardly handed the clothe to Siwon

“Uh..thanks” He smiled. “Are you okay? Anything wrong?” he noticed the unreadable expression written on her face. 

 

 

She force on a smile and shook her head. “I got you shirt on Yuan’s room. Get changed too.” She informed before walking out of the bathroom. His eyes unconsciously followed her figure until she’s out of sight.

 

***

 

“Daddy can we go swimming tomorrow?” he blurted from nowhere as they’re lying on the couch watching toy story for the nth time. After the family lunch full of giggles and cleaning up full of laughter, well more of like boys pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter