12

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s been three weeks since Iyu has been discharged from the hospital. And at the same time, it has been three weeks since Siwon keep coming back n forth to their house. Three weeks since he has known that indeed that same “Iñigo” is his son. Three weeks since he was granted permission to be Iyu’s father. And twenty one days of trying to piece his little family together by trying to be Tiffany’s other half once again.  

He wakes up first thing in the morning to have breakfast with his son and send him personally to school. Tiffany even needed to add another plate in their table every morning. Even insisting on picking up Tiffany from work, when most of the time he’s ignored. He became a regular in the building waiting for her shift to end. Sometimes he brings their son with him to wait for her mother. But most of the time he just send him straight home when Tiffany unfortunately finishes off at midnight.

 

“Daddy!” a loud cheerful voice echoed among the buzz of kids playing in the mini playground. Siwon  immediately removed his sunglasses and smiled at the sight of his Yuan running towards him. His bag bouncing is on his back in excitement. He bent down and welcome him in open arms.

“Ommph.” He groaned at the impact of him hitting his chest. “Someone’s growing up too fast.” He lifted him up and began showering kisses on his chubby cheeks, and the latter giggles.

 

“How’s school today my little buddy?”he asks as they went towards his car.

“Its cool buddy.” Yuan chuckles. “I finish fast.” He boasted.

“Cool. That’s my boy.” He ruffles his hair and settled him on the passenger seat. He grinned so proudly.

“But I only got the second highest.” He snorted. “Ashley got it perfect.” He added.

 

“Is it hard?” Yuan shook his head. “Mommy reviewed you last night right? I was there.”he nodded.

“But..there were so many circles to draw.” He complained pouting. “I only finished the first line.” He said with playful eyes. He lowered his head and expected a little scolding, but he looked up when the Daddy laughed.

 

“You’re really my genes huh?” Siwon stopped at the red light and sounded like he’s more of proud of him for being lazy to finish a test.

“Meh..” he stuck his tongue out. Siwon laughed out loud at the expression.

 

“Don’t tell mommy.” They chorused. And did a high five.

 

 ***

 

She is busily typing and scrolling on her iPad, checking her agenda for the rest of the day when a knock disturbed her thoughts.

 

“Come in.” she said without even sparing a glance at the door.

 

“Tiff!” Jessica came in rushing.

 

“Oh my god! What’s wrong with you? How could you do that!?” she leaned her hands on her table.

“Why? What’s happening??” she asked getting nervous suddenly at Jessica’s tone. It sounded serious. Too serious even.

 

“You prescribed a wrong dose down there!” she exclaimed hand crossed on her chest.

Tiffany’s ears perked up hearing the statement. “Whaaat!?W..when?” That she stood up from her seat.

“An emergency patient with burning fever. You forgot that the drug was strictly not for 12 years and younger. She’s 9 you know.” She explained.

 

“I remember writing a 500mg antipyretic.” Jessica nodded at her. She face palmed.

“550 milligram even.” She corrected, making the matter even worse.

“Oh god! I’m sorry. It was careless of me. Is the drug dispensed?” she asked half panicking. “Who’s the nurse in charge? W..where is..aish.” She grabbed her white coat on the hanger and was ready to rush outside, but Jessica managed to pull her hand.

 

“Calm down, please.”

“What? Oh my god Jessi. What has gotten into me?” she sighed closing her eyes in total disappointment of herself. Even brushing up her hair with her fingers in frustration.

 

“I happen to pass by the pharmacy department when the nurse and the pharmacist is arguing over a certain drug. I checked the attending physician and I saw your signature.”

“It’s okay. I corrected it and told them you just misheard the patient’s age.” She sighed in total relief before slumping back on her seat.

 

“Thank you.” She uttered so weakly. “That won’t happen again, I promise.” With the same tone used she got worried. Tiffany is loud around her, not like this. She already had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter