4

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Yuan, Mommy’s leaving for work now.” She announced, as she search high heaven for her hand phone inside her bag, there she found it was just in the pocket all along, and then she heard footsteps coming from upstairs  “Good Morning sleepyhead. Don’t I get a kiss from my baby?”

“Mom, its Iñigo.” He got down the stairs still on his PJs with his morning hair, a sign that he just got up from his dreamland.  He stretched his hand reaching for her and gave her his kiss that she longed for. while his other hand is holding his woody plush that he got from his grandpa when he visited them  two days ago. Yes they just moved unto their newly furnished unit somewhere nearer to Tiffany’s workplace, and Yuan’s kindergarten too. And yes he’s going to school now, at three years old. So cute.

 

“Oh yeah? Is that so? Well what’s your whole name again?” she said eventually teasing the young man.

“Its Iñigo Yuan “Iyu” Hwang.”  intentionally stressing on his very first name. While he plopped his body on the couch. And she followed suit laying his head on her lap.

“I see. So you have two names right?” she can feel her nod his head agreeing on what she said, trailing her fingers on his hair. “So I can call you whatever I want, Its either of the two honey.” And she kissed his forehead gently

“NO!” he butted in in a flash. “Iñigo came first before Yuan so it’s  Iñigo mom.” He clarified. ”And this isn’t Korea mommy, this is LA so the names here are in English.” He added. She just chuckled at his silliness on how he complains and will eventually go on a debate with her, with just his first name as the topic.

“And who told you that Yuan isn’t an English name?”

“I asked Auntie Jessie last time and she told me it’s a Chinese name.See..its not in English” he protested.

“it can be Chinese and  can also be an English name baby.”

“Still.”

“Okay. Whatever, I’m still your mom, so I can call you whatever I want.” She chortled with her victory, standing up from the couch leaving him lying there alone.

“Iyu.”

 

“I..Mommy.” he said in his low cute voice. He stretched his arms once again leaving a confused expression on Tiffany, nonetheless she just levelled down at him, and to her surprise he locked his arms around her neck, she got the idea that he wanted her to carry him.

“Aigoo..my Yuan is getting heavier” she lifted him with her strength and eventually rubbing his back on the process, while he rested his head on her mom’s shoulder. Their mother-son bond is really something so strong, on how they  argue like cats and dogs sometimes and be oh so sweet like this.

“Be a good boy okay?”

 

“Mom, let me go with you pleaase.”  He whispered, he’s still on his mom’s embrace.

“NO.”

“Pleaase..Mommy . I’ll just stay in mommy’s clinic.Pleaase.” he jolted up from her shoulder and continued with the bargain.

“Still a no. We’re not  arguing over this again.”

 

“Promise I’ll be a behave boy.” This time he got down on his feet while swearing with his right hand.

“You know mommy works in the hospital right? She helps sick people right?” she kneeled down to level with him, he just nodded with agreement “ Its not safe for my precious baby to go there.”

“Pretty pleaase.” Still not giving up he smiled widely showing his adorable face to her mom. He held her face with his palms and plant a really sweet peck on her lips. She just can heave a sigh, hating the fact that her son acting all so cute is making her weak.

 

“Okay..Okay . If you weren’t so cute.” She mumbled while she pinch his cheeks.

“Cute and Handsome mom!” he added, she just smiled in reply.

 

“Oh yeah? And where did you learned your “handsome” word?”

“An ahjumma told me when we’re at the mall yesterday.” He confidently retorted.

“Really...” replying with an unsatisfied tone.

“Really..She even asked me on where I got my handsome face” he added proving that the ahjumma really said that he’s handsome.

 

“So where did you got your “handsome face”??”

“From Mommy of course, I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter