5

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Hey Jessi, how’s Yuan? He must’ve been a headache. Don’t worry I’m on my way to pick him up already.” She spoke abruptly on the line. After a tiring day at the clinic finally.

“What? Its more than an hour already since he left, he told me he’s heading to your clinic”

 

“Really..he’s not here Tiff, I’ve been waiting for him to come here.”

“Where the hell is he? Wait I’ll just call you later okay? I’ll just go find him, Maybe he just wandered around the hospital” and she hanged up. She’s about to close the door when a nurse who seemed to be in a hurry halted her.

 

“I’m sorry Dr. Hwang  but can you please proceed to the emergency room right now, there’s a patient in need as of the moment,it’s a car accident, and you’re the most available right now, everyone’s really busy.” she said out of breathe.

“What?? Now??..” she worriedly asked and the other just nodded in reply. “but...Okay” she hesitated for a moment remembering she has still other things to be done, and that of course is her son who is nowhere to be found as of the moment. But somebody is in pain and god knows how many bones he had got broken out there so she rushed to the elevator and headed to the said place.

***

 

“Thanks a lot for the ice cream Ahjussi?” he said unsurely, “Is it right? I’m still learning my korean though” he chuckled still the ice cream on his hand. “And for this shirt too, but seriously, You don’t really need to get me a new one. I have extra shirts in my mom’s clinic.” He cutely explained.

“Uhmm.. Yeah. Its nothing, Its my fault in the first place” he said while scratching the back of his neck. 

 

“Can I call you my Appa? Daddy? Uncle??” he questioned sheepishly, showing the woody plush he’s got from him. He was shocked of the sudden question the younger threw at him.

“Of..Of course, Uncle would do. I would love to hear you call me Daddy,” It would be unreasonable for him to refuse with such a small favor.“but wouldn’t be your real dad get jealous that you also call me daddy?”

 

“Maybe not? I don’t know” he pouted. “My Daddy and my mom broke up before mommy knew she’s carrying me inside her tummy.”

”That’s what my Auntie Jessi said, because mommy wont tell me everytime I ask her about Daddy. She’ll just say that he’s a good man and I look a lot like him.” The little one explained. Its like an old man speaking through a kid’s body. He’s amused.

 

“Really..? So he didn’t even had the chance to see you?” he asked and he nodded his head like a puppy. “Well..thats too bad for him he doesn’t even know what a handsome adorable son he’s got.” 

“so does that mean you’re my baby?” he asked changing the subject while brushing his hair with his fingers and he just nodded in reply.

 

“I’m not really sure but you look so familiar to me.”

“I think I saw you before Uncle?”

 

They continued chattering on the bench under the tree just outside the building on where they’re seated. “Well I think you need to go back now baby, Maybe your mommy is looking for you already”

 

 “OH! Mommy---” is all he can say remembering that his mom might be waiting for him already, and worst is he’s not in his auntie Jessi’s clinic.

“What’s wrong?” he worriedly asked the younger who seemed to be shocked hearing the word “MOM” in his sentence.

 

“I’ll be going now Daddy.I told mommy that I’ll be in my Auntie Jessi’s clinic. The last time she found out that I went outside the hospital building, I got grounded and she didn’t allow me to go with her at work anymore. Today, I just got my second chance.” he pouted.

“Is that so? Your mommy is a little hard to forgive mistakes eh?.. Where’s your Auntie Jessi’s clinic? Do you want me to accompany my baby and explain to his mom?” He offered, he doesn’t want to be the reason of the young boy being grounded. In his thought; It’s his fault in the first place, If he just looked at on where he was walking he shouldn’t have bumped into this little fellow and eventually spill his drink on his white shirt.

 

“Uhmm..No need uncle-daddy I can manage to get there. Thank you again” he mentioned as he finish the ice cream left that he’s holding.

“Thank you too..I..Iyu right?ah I mean Baby.. I had fun talking with you, I feel lighter now” Their little talk got him occupied Little did he know he already forgot the purpose of his sudden rush into the hospital building.

“Yeah..and Daddy, If a lot of men are still bothering you, just punch them in the face” he spoke so innocently, he’s referring to the couple of business partners that the other is complaining about, as if he understands, he’s just three years old after all . That remark surely do made his happy hormones active, kids really aren’t good in lying aren’t they, they just freely express their emotions, they wipe his stress away, and that’s why he’s so fond of young people especially him. He’s just too adorable in his eyes.

“Yeah..I’ll definitely do that one of these days.” He returned.

 

“But..We’ll meet again right?” he gloomily said

“Of course..We’ll have to meet again for sure, but the reason for that reunion I don’t know yet” he tried to comfort the younger with his words, while eventually ruffling his hair. The hours they’d spend together brought them close to each other. He was shocked when the young fellow hugged him on his waist and he didn’t hesitate to hug him back.

“Uhmm wait..mind if Uncle-Daddy takes a photo with his cute baby?.” He kneeled down to level with him and pinched his cheeks. He is having a hard time fitting their faces in the camera frame when an ahjumma passed by and volunteered to take a picture of the two.They pose cutely together with him sitting on the bench and Yuan sitting on his lap with arms all over his neck and the other hand doing a V-shape sign.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter