9

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The meeting she needs to attend is not even half way done when her phone vibrated like crazy. It was ahjumma on the line.But no matter how bad she wanted to pick it up, she can’t.

Finally it stopped.

 

“Fany-ah. Iyu isn’t in his room. The house is empty”

 

And right then she panicked. She immediately stood up and bowed in front of her seniors as she gets permission to leave the room right now. Her son is missing for goodness sake.

It was not long when she reached their home building and the first thing she saw was a fifties woman talking to the security personnel.

 

“Ahjumma, what happened?” she asks with much worry in her eyes.

“Good thing you’re already here, dear. I can’t find Iyu. And they said he left just awhile after you left the building too.”

 

“What!? And where would he go?” she panicked once more and made her way to talk with uncle Jones herself.

“We really didn’t suspect anything Ms. Tiffany, He said his going with his Daddy. He even cried hugging his Dad, and then they left.”

 

“This is really freaking me out. Who the hell is that “Daddy” uncle Jones?”

“Oh? Why? Is he not his Dad? That’s what Iyu introduce to me. And they really resemble each other though. That’s why I didn’t mind.”

 

“Of course not. His Dad isn’t in here. My God, Seoul is such a far place. I’m sure it isn’t him.”

 

“I’m really sorry for this Ms. Hwang. Don’t worry the police will be here in a minute.”

 

***

 

“So can you tell me now??” Siwon inquired the young man who is by now finished with his food.

 

“Mommy.” He said lifting his head to face him. Showing his eyes puffy from all the crying.

 

“Why? What’s with your mom today? She got mad?” and he shook his head in disagreement.

“Then what? You fought?”

 

“She’s at work again. She doesn’t care for me. She doesn’t love me anymore.” He bowed his head and much to Siwon’s knowing he’s silently crying again.

 

 

“No don’t say that. You know that’s not true baby. She loves you.” He consoled wiping his tears with his thumb.

 

“I got mad at her. And she left me again for work.”

 

“You only got mad because you love her right? You’re crying because you miss her, am I right?” and without second thoughts he nodded with a pouting lips.

“Maybe she’s just really stuck with work right now. But I swear if she can just leave work right away, she would just to see you.”

 

“Where does your mom work again?” he interrogated the now calm Iyu.

“Hospital” he shortly replied.

 

“Really? What does she do?”

“Help sick people.”

 

“I see. She’s a doctor right?” and he nodded in reply.

“You do know that it’s their job to attend those people in need. And they can’t just leave them and let them die in that instant.”

“Do you want a patient to die just because you’re mom left him just to attend that meeting?” and there he was turning his head from left to right repeatedly.

 

 

“Then, you just need to understand her more. And that she’s working hard right now for you because she loves you a lot.” He explained in the most simple way that a three-year old would understand.

 

“I love mommy a lot.”

 

“I know. So right now you have to tell her that and say sorry. Is that alright?” and at last he smiled as he agrees with the deal.

 

“I love you Daddy.” He hugged him tight and kissed him on the cheeks.

“Aigoo. I love you too baby Iyu. Let’s go?”

 

***

 

“Oh God. Jessi. One more freaking minute and I’m really gonna lose my mind. Where the hell is he?” She walked around their unit back n forth. Sit for how many second, and the stand up again. And Jessica with her getting dizzy with all her panicking.

“Please just calm down a bit, will you? You panicking like that wouldn’t help you know. We’re all worried in here.” There was just the two of them inside the place right now but the tension and worry is really evident. And the thought that the security wont declare the child missing after 24 hours didn’t help at all.

 

“This is all my fault.” She considers herself blame worthy of all that is happening right now.

“Don’t say that. You know it’s not true.”

 

“If only I didn’t forget that meeting he wouldn’t get this mad and run away with a stranger. Maybe he woul-----“ she was cut halfway with a certain phone call which ignited both of their souls. And immediately Tiffany picked up the call only just to receive a really unexpected ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter