8

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Siwon is driving in the busy streets of LA when he passed by a park. He purposely lowered the car’s window removing his oakley shades covering his luring brown eyes, he spotted someone familiar sitting on the bench facing the city fountain with pouting lips and head hung low. He took the U-turn and parked his car on the side, his feet were dragging him towards the bench.

“A long pouting face doesn’t fit handsome men like us. Uncool” he sat himself on the bench looking at the sky. He can see the other lifting his head at the corner of his eyes.

 

 

“Daddy?” he smiled.

 

“Hey Iyu, What are you doing here all alone. What’s with the pouting lips huh?” he faced him and tapped his shoulder. “From the looks of you, you’re from school.” He commented upon seeing him on his clothes and a backpack behind. And he nodded

“I think Mommy forgot about the meeting today.” He pouted more.

 

“What meeting.?” He instantly asked.

“We have a meeting in school and my friends’ parents are already there but my mom still isn’t there yet, I think she’s busy again, she’s always busy.” He gloomily spoke.

“And she forgot about me.”he continued.

 

“Silly, how can she forget? Maybe she’s just stuck in the traffic somewhere” he tried to consoled him but his pouting face is still consistent.

“Okay, What time is the meeting you said.?” He asked.

“2 in the afternoon” he shortly answered.

 

“Well, its just half past 2” he said looking at his watch. “Let’s go, Maybe the meeting has just started.” He uttered that earned a “Whats-happening-look” from the younger.

“What? Let’s go to your school.” He jolted up from where he is seated and grabbed his hand while he put on a confused face.

“You said the meeting is for the parents, I’m also your Daddy right?” his statement that definitely turned his frowning face into a smiling one.

 

He happily held unto his hand and dragged him into his school’s building which is just few steps away from the park, just in front of the park to be exact.

Of course his classmates and his teacher was shocked, they knew that Yuan is just with his mom, but he has brought someone and tell them he is his Daddy.

 

“Iyu, I never thought you resemble you Dad a lot.” His teacher commented while leading them out of the event hall.

“Yes, teacher and we’re both handsome.” He said that earned a chuckle from Siwon who is playing with his hair.

“Definitely, I see that.” She added until they reached the front door. “I guess Iyu’s mom is really busy with work that you came instead of her.?I called her earlier but she isn’t picking up at all.”

“Ah, yeah, definitely busy.” He shyly replied.

 

”And um.. nice meeting you sir, I hope you can visit Iyu here at school often.” The teacher added.

“Yes, of course, I will” he said looking at the younger one. “I guess we’ll get going teacher.” she just nodded and smiled back in reply.

 

“Daddy, don’t you have something important to do today?” he asked still holding unto his big hands, They have just went out of the school building hence the meeting just ended.

“Hmm, not really, where do you want to go?” he looked at him who is all smiles as of the moment.

 

“Ice cream!” he shouted in glee

“Okay…Okay why did I even bother to ask.”

 

“And lasagna and pizza too please?”

 

***

 

She was dumbstruck looking at her phone with 12 missed calls registered as Yuan’s Teacher. Crap. She just forgot the meeting her son is always reminding her about. She glanced at her watch and it reads 5:30pm. The meeting has ended of course. She is so worried at the same time damn guilty that she didn’t hesitate to call her back.

 

“Umm, Hi Teacher Yumi, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to pick up your call and worst I wasn’t able to attend the meeting earlier, I was really busy.” She felt apologetic talking at the line.

“I understand Ms. Hwang and its okay since Iyu’s Dad came earlier, he told me you’re really busy.” The other line replied that definitely gave Tiffany a blank face.

 

“Wha!t?Daddy?” is all she can say, eyebrows twitched, she said Daddy right? She heard right. What the hell is happening she thought.

 

“Yes, Iyu’s Dad attended the meeting. Its my first time meeting him actually.” she confirmed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter