13

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Three knocks on the wooden door made her look up from her computer screen. “Umm..Hi.” he greeted smiling.

“Hi.” She answered.

 

“Are you busy?” he inquires, taking his small steps towards her desk.

“Not really. What are you doing here?” she asked back.

 

“I am here to ask the mother of my child for late lunch.”

 She closed the lid of her laptop before pocketing her phone. “Sure. Where’s Yuan?” she peeks behind him expecting to see a small mischievous man that might be following Siwon.

“You’re father picked him up.” She raised an eyebrow.

“Umm..I was actually thinking of a meal with just two of us.” He explained with a hint of nervousness.

Tiffany suddenly froze on her seat. “Pardon?” She asks to confirm what she just heard.

 

“Yes. I’m asking you out on a date Dr Hwang.”

Truth be told Siwon knew about the numerous fanboys Tiffany have. He’s been coming to the building too often that he can’t help but hear some people saying something about their Dr Tiffany Hwang being taken, he felt proud. But some won’t just bug off for example some male nurses are still sending gifts to her table, and he felt like slapping them hard on the face with the harsh reality that she’s not single anymore. Well at least for Siwon she’s not anymore.

 

“Oh..Where are we going?” she questions with hesitation. They’ve never dine out without Yuan. Because that kid is seriously her escape on their still awkward status. What now? She needs her son at this situation. But he wants them alone.

 

He just smiled, dimples out. Deym. “Let’s go?” She sighed quietly, praying to the higher ups to save her from too much awkwardness with him.

 

She made sure the door is locked before inserting the keys into her bag. She smiled shyly when she saw Siwon intently staring at her. They started walking in the hallway when out of nowhere Siwon stealthily held her hand, latching their fingers together. Tiffany was taken aback by the bold gesture. She can only shake her head in amusement when Siwon’s lips suddenly formed a sly smile as soon as they passed by the nurse’s station.

 

She’s taken you jerks. Siwon is cursing them one by one in his mind as of the moment. They heard inaudible whispers just after they pass by. He smiled in evilly.

 

“I didn’t know you still have that in you Choi.” She commented as soon as they exited the building.

“The what?” He asks innocently, trying to hold in his smile.

“I saw what you did there.” She eyed him suspiciously. Siwon just held unto her hand tighter.

 

 

“How’s Donghae by the way?” they were strolling in the park watching people on a picnic lying on the grass. And not to still holding hands. Nobody mentioned anyway, it just felt right. Because as soon as they got out of the restaurant their hands automatically found each other.

“Oh that. Fish face already went home last Sunday.”

“I see. What about the broken leg?”

“Too bad it needs one more month to completely heal.” She just nodded with pursed lips.

 

“How about you?” She finally tries withdrawing her hand from his palm.

“What about me?” Siwon although hesitant loosen his grip on her slender fingers.

“When are you..” she hesitated for a moment before really deciding to just drop the topic. “..nevermind.” Just exact timing when his attention was on the kid trying to balance himself in a bicycle with his father following behind. He smiled unconsciously imagining it was him and Yuan. 

 

“How did you manage to Yuan? How was he as a kid?” he was curiously suddenly. Again Tiffany felt guilty on the way Siwon talked. It’s as if he just missed half of Yuan’s lifetime.

Without much hesitation she pulled him to sit on a bench and started showing Yuan’s baby pictures. Every picture is accompanied by tons of stories. His first time eating solid food. His first step.His first time finally saying the word ‘mommy’. She is currently story telling their son’s childhood, precious moments that parents anticipate so much.

 

They laughed at how he cried when his bath soap irritated his eyes. The next pictures was when his mischievous son ran making his grandpa chase him around the backyard as he refuse to put on clothes after taking a bath. 

 

Then he smiled wide at Yuan grinning at the camera as his first time swimming with his new floater from his grandpa. Next, Yuan teasing ahjumma when she’s watering their garden. All the time he was stealing glances at Tiffany. Her ever beautiful eyes, chubby cheeks, the cute nose and lastly her lips. He gulped nervously and returned his focus on the photos.

 

 

“Oh my god. Its this. He received a lot of scolding from me that day. His teacher called me to the office because he told his classmates they’ll play at the fountain, and wont listen to their teacher to come back inside the classroom.” she explained smiling from ear to ear as she remembers the embarrassment she received being summoned into the principal’s office.

 

 

“And this. Oh my god. Did you know I freaked out as soon as Jessi showed me this photo? I literally bathe him with alcohol and brushed his body at least ten times. He joined the other kids. He said they were catching fishes. Does a stream this dirty even have fishes?” a pause. "God, he’s so naughty.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter