6

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Morning came unexpectedly fast, Tiffany is lifting her eyelids when she felt a pair of small hands hugging her on the waist. She smiled at the sight of her son, how cute of him when he’s sleeping. She kissed the tip of his pointy nose and is about to get up when his grip around her tightened.

 

“Mom, don’t leave me.” He managed to say with his eyes still closed.

“Yuan, Mommy needs to fix herself and go to work.” She explained while loosening his hug.

 

“Mom,can’t you not go to work?” he added still not letting her go from his embrace.

“What? No, you know mommy can’t right?” she clearly explained.

 

“Please..” now that’s a plea.

 

“You just continue to sleep okay.. its still early.” She kissed her forehead and felt it’s unusually hot, she checked his neck and back to his forehead again, Yes he has fever, burning fever to be exact.

“Oh god. Yuan you’re running a temperature. Wait, mommy will be right back okay.” She stumbled out of bed to get the thermometer on the cabinet and immediately placed it on his under his tongue. It beeped once and she examined it carefully that showed 39.7 on the screen.

 

***

 

“Anna its me,” It was her secretary she’s calling. “ I just want to let you know that I can’t go to the hospital today. IYU is running a fever, a high fever and you know I can’t leave him alone. “She’s speaking through the phone while walking back n forth inside the room looking at her son on the bed with a damp cloth on his forehead.

“And uhmm can you please send me my files I left in the clinic table.”

“Okay, I’ll just wait for you here.” She ended the phone call and went back to sit beside him on the bed.

 

***

 

“Don’t mind me asking but have you seen Dr. Hwang? a nurse is busily pumping on the sphygmomanometer to check his blood pressure when he curiously butted in.

“What? I’m sorry but I don’t understand.” Brilliant. He forgot this isn’t Korea anymore its LA for goodness sake and people speak english. Poor Him.

For Pete’s sake where are you Choi Siwon? his ever loyal english speaking bestfriend.

 

“Dr. Hwang..” he breathed saying it with perfect american accent. He learned english? Hell No. He just heard it yesterday from the nurses entering his room discussing the know-hows of “Dr. Hwang” the attending physician of the patient.

“I’m sorry sir, But I really can’t decipher what you’re saying.” She said feeling apologetic.

What the. He poured in all the english skills he’d got and still..

She’s gotta be kidding right?

 

He’s close to losing his mind on how to talk to this english-maniac lady when somebody entered the room. His best buddy hopefully his savior for today.

“Thank God. Yah! Where have you been?”

 

“Can you do me a favor.”

“Yeah of course..What?”

 

“Can you talk to her in English? I have something to ask the nurse.”

“Pfft..Don’t tell me she’s your type. Earth to Lee DongHae.” He chuckled, they’re mocking each other leaving the nurse dumbstruck, she don’t know what to say, neither does she understand.

“What!? Of course not. Just ask her about DR. HWANG” he emphasized on the “DR HWANG” part, making his eyeballs almost want to go out of its sockets.

 

“Ah..you said Dr. Hwang? Tiffany Hwang right?” finally.. she got it right this time.

 

“Yes.Yes” he excitedly answere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter