11

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Miyoung..take the call.” The older man handed him the phone.

 

“What?” She raised her voice and looked at him peculiarly wanting to find at least a single teasing tone in his sentence, but nothing, her father is damn serious.

“Tell him his son wants to see him.” He firmly said. Iyu is looking expectantly on her mother who seems to be still in complete doubt of taking the phone or not at all.

“Dad. You’re not gonna betray me are you?” The phone was forcefully laid in her palms. She looked at her son  again and sighed.

“Your son found him himself. There’s no point in hiding him anymore. Now talk” She can just bite her lower lip and brush her hair with a frustrated face.

 

“Yoboseyo?” She was clutching the phone so tightly when the other line pick up on the third ring. She held her breathe when she heard that manly voice. She out it on speaker phone for the satisfaction of that small sparkling pair of eyes watching her, her son’s. “Choi Siwon speaking.” He continued upon the lack of response from the caller.

“Daddy!” a voice startled them all, when Iyu just butted in upon hearing the name Choi Siwon. He knew it too well. Tiffany turned around not knowing what to speak at all. She’s tongue tied.

 

“Iyu? Baby is this you? Are you alright? Can I see you?” Tiffany just silently listened on how this man concern so much for her son. She looked at the other people in the room.

“It’s me.” Was all she can utter.

 

“Tiffany?” She exhaled painfully on how he calls her name. Its really been a long time.

“We need to talk.” Said he.

She pulled the phone away from her and went to seek something on the eyes of her father. “Dad, I can’t do this.” She shook her head and the man just gestured towards Iyu who is looking lost seeing the glistening eyes of her mother.

 

“Look, I’m sorry and all. Please let me see you in person? I w-want to, no..I n-need to see you so bad. Please let me explain just. aish. I..uh. Pleaase.” He kept on stuttering through the line as the others just listened to it. “I missed you.”

“Fany-ah say something please?” She needed to blink her eyes multiple times to prevent  the tears from falling until she saw that trembling lips of the small person in bed. She walks closer to the bed with pursed lips. She combed his hair away from his forehead before handing him the phone.

 

“Daddy!??? Its me.” He answers with excitement as Tiffany dries his wet cheeks. Her heart ached so much on how his expression change so much in just talking to him over the phone.

“Will you go here in my room? I miss you.” And another statement, one that pierce to the heart. He was then taken aback when Tiffany pecked him on the lips. He got worried suddenly. His mom is always the one asking for his kisses, but today is different. He immediately stopped listening to the phone as he notices his mother’s eyes.

 

“I love you my Yuannie.” She kissed his forehead one last time before standing up and went to the door. The kid was so confused when all of a sudden Jessica went running after Tiffany.

 

“Mommy has work. Go on talk to your Dad.” Mr Hwang assured of him and he just nodded. On the other hand the older man can just sigh in thinking of his daughter. How painful must this be for her? But they’re no wiser than fate.

 

***

 

After long rounds of patients to check she decided to check on what her naughty brat might be up to. Tiffany entered the room to be greeted by Iyu giggling and laughing over a pool of toys on his bed, of course with another presence playing with him. She froze, and eyes obviously surprised. But she kept her blank expression.

 

“Mommy!” that loud cheerful voice is back.

 

Siwon immediately stood up, and suddenly was blank on what he should do. Should he bow? Hug? Greet? Or nothing at all? Tiffany walked closer to the bed where the two is. Siwon gulped in nervousness. She sure looks gorgeous. He wonders how could he, back then. She went directly on Iyu’s attached IV, checking if its dripping his dextrose just fine.

 

“Hi.” Was all he managed to say. She didn’t even reply, which caused him to rub on the back of his neck again. Do something Siwon Choi.

“I c-came by to check on him.” He stuttered. Tiffany didn’t even spare him a glance.

 

“We’re playing woody and buzz Mom.” The younger breaks the awkward atmosphere.

“Really? I can see that. You’re having fun huh?” she comments, securing the needle to be taped tightly on the back of his hand. All this time, Siwon is behind her watching every move, every part of her.

 

“There’s bumble bee too Mom, look.” He picked up the yellow toy, showing Tiffany how it works with a demo. He even made her sit with him on the bed. But he cant flip the arms properly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter