20

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Plot twist: someone scolded me for doing that to Siwon appa! HAHAHA. Sorry na po. (at least some are not so silent after all) I’ll make it up to everyone. Read slowly guys!:’) and leave me comments after? 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“No!” the latter shook her head. “He won’t leave me like this.”

“He’s not dead Jessi!” She withdraws her hand harshly and worked on his chest again. But its Jessica’s turn to shake her head. The people around them are already aware of the tension as they chose to stay silent.

 

“Jessi please just once more. One last time.” She begged. Earlier she’s just crying and breaking down on the inside. But right now, tears are visibly streaming down her face that Jessica didn’t fail to notice.

This is the first time Tiffany cried in front her team. They’re sure she has revived hundreds of patients, but this case is really different. And the people around also got their breaths on hold witnessing the argument of the two.

 

“Tiffany Hwang…”

 

“Please.” One last time she begged and Jessica didn’t hesitate to load the machine once again.

 

 

“Clear.”

 

 

She silently cried more when the device beeped and started showing the straight lines moving up and down on the monitor. Almost fainting at the dizziness she looked at his face. He who is lifelessly lying on that hospital bed. He who is the father of her son. And he who is the love of her life. Siwon Choi.

 

“It’s back to 70 doctor”

 

 

“Blood pressure’s normal.”

“The patient is good. We’re stable.”

(sorry. ‘ was just teasing you :’) not a nice joke I know. sorry XD )

 

 

Tears immediately stopped flowing as if programmed. She wiped her sweaty forehead, staining herself with his blood. Everyone simultaneously breathe out in relief, being Jessica the longest. She still couldn’t believe what just happened. Her eyes were open wide enough still in shock.

Tiffany looks at him lovingly, with another lone tear falling from her eyes. Jessica held on both her shoulders. Without thinking twice she leans down to him and kissed him on the lips. The nurses assisting were surprised. But then again its just too dramatic to comment.

She combs his hair away from his forehead before telling everyone to proceed with the precautionary procedures. He’s alive. He’s fine. He’s back for good.

 

***

 

Two days. Its been two days after his successful operation but he hasn’t woken up yet. The 48 hours of under observation is ending soon but he hasn’t shown any signs yet. And its making Tiffany go crazy. She barely slept and everyone is getting worried. Jessica forced her to go home and rest for a while but she insisted to stay. She wants to see Siwon the time he opens his eyes. Even Yuan noticed. He badly wanted to question why he is temporarily staying at his grandpa’s house, but kept silent.

“I’m sorry but mommy needs to finish something at work. Be a good boy.” That was the last thing his mother said to him. And it was two days ago since Yuan saw Tiffany. Something is wrong, Yuan knows. He is even having nightmares at night and ended up sleeping beside his grandpa.

 

***

 

Tiffany is again sitting beside his bed like what she’s been doing for the past days. Cleaning his face, checking his IV’s and that his medications are properly given. She brushed his hair up from his forehead. Slowly regretting that, that handsome face has wounds and scratches. She kissed his hand and eventually tear up .

 

“Wake up please.” She cried burying her face on her palms. But her emotional breakdown was disturbed by the knocks on the door.

 She immediately wiped her tear streaked cheeks to see a nurse hesitantly peeking form the door.

 

“Come in.” said Tiffany sensing the reluctance of the woman.

She handed a transparent zip lock cellophane. “Um..These are the patient’s belongings Dr Hwang.” She then bowed and left.

 

It took her another minute to fully understand what the nurse just said. She kept staring at the items inside. There was his cracked phone, his tablet, his wallet. But what caught her curiousness is the small white box tied with a red ribbon.

Tiffany took a sit on the couch and took the box out. With shaky fingers she untied it and gasped at what she saw. She had to put the box back into the small table when she needed to use both hands to cover her wide opened mouth.

 

Is this what she thinks it is? 

Maybe? Because there was this words written on the background of the ring: “Our forever starts today.”

 

She just stared at the sparkly little thing with glistening eyes. And then to Siwon lying on the hospital bed.

 

“So this is what you’ve been hiding from me huh?” She smiled bitterly and wiped the again crying eyes. Shouldn’t it be dried up already? Judging from all the tears she cried since the accident. She took the band out of its vessel and saw the writing engraved inside. “Siwon’s”

Slowly she inserted the ring on her fourth finger and smiled. It fits. Perfectly. 

 

 

“Still possessive.” She stood up and sat beside him again.

 

Tiffany held Siwon’s hand and interlaced their fingers. “You need to wake up now, or else I wont marry you.” She warned like she’s sure that he is listening. But Siwon stayed motionless. And it pained her heart so much.

 

“Please wake up? I still have something to tell you remember? Please.” She sobbed on their joined hands.

Tiffany is the verge of falling asleep from too much crying, when she felt the hand she’s holding move. She stayed motionless for a while when it continued struggling from her hold. Hesitantly she lets go, only to be surprised when something or rather someone touched her hair. That’s it. She lifted her head and met his eyes.

 

“Oh god.” Rubs both her eyes. And blinked a little more. Is she seeing it right? “You’re awake?” she’s still not believing it. Not until he smiled back at him. That deeply carved dimples on his cheeks. Her eyes widened.

Immediately she stood up checking his dextrose. She then inserted the thermometer on his ear finding it normal. As if she’s recharged she then grabbed another device and wrapped it around his pulse. Again normal blood pressure. Tiffany is about to get something again when Siwon grabbed her hand.

 

“Hey.” He finally spoke. Tiffany stopped and only stared at him. She cried.

 

“You’re really awake.”

 

“Hm..” he nodded slowly. “I heard someone said something about not marrying me when I wont wake up.” He smiled.

 

She shook her head and bit her lips. “Don’t do that again please?” she sobbed. Siwon squeeze her hand and pulled her to sit down on his bed.

“You scared me to death

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter