16

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Thanks for the ride.” Said Tiffany while removing her seatbelt.

“You should be used to it by now.” Replied Siwon with a smile. It is again one of those days when he picks her up from work and drive her home.

 

“Um..Do you wanna come up?” She asked hesitantly. “Yuan would be glad to see you before bed.” 

He smiled thinking of his little mischief. “I would love to, but its late. I’ll see him first thing tomorrow.” He assured.

“Sure then.”

Siwon then went out to open the car door for her.

 

“Are you coming to have breakfast?” asked Tiffany as soon as the passenger opened.

“Breakfast, lunch, and dinner even.” He just observed her tidying her bag.

 

“What?” That made her look up at the smirking Siwon still holding the car door.

“Nothing. Let’s go. I’ll walk you up.”

 

“Drive safe. And call me when you’re home okay?” Tiffany reminded of him as soon as they reached their unit’s doorstep.

“Sure. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He nodded smiling. It has come to this again. That awkward atmosphere, the moment when neither wanted to say goodbye first.

 

“So..um..goodnight then.” Said Tiffany before turning around to open the door.

“Wait!” he grabbed her hand.

“Hm?”

 

“I was wondering if…”   

 

“If?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Nah.” He shook his head, and came up with a more definite statement. “I’ll pick you up once I have sent Yuan to school.” Said he, with confidence this time.

 

“Me? Where to?”  

“Its for me to know and for you to find out.” Tiffany was about to throw another question but Siwon is fast enough.

 

“Yes, I’m asking you out. Save the date hon. Whole day.”

 

“But..I have to—“ excuses.

 

“No.” he stated firmly. “I know tomorrow is your off.” He winked at her.

 

“How did you---“ She wasn’t given the time to finish when Siwon stole a kiss on her cheek. And dashed towards the elevator and left the blushing Tiffany.

 

***

 

The doorbell rang and that indicated that her time for fussing over herself is over. She sprayed her perfume and checked her appearance one last time, before rushing to the door.

“You’re back fast.” She comments as soon as she saw Siwon standing on the doorstep.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” she asks worried with the lack of speech from the latter.

“Yeah..I uh. Y-yes of course.” He stuttered.

 

“You’re drooling Siwon Choi.” She teased shaking her head. “Give me a second.” She rushed inside to grab her purse.

 

“Let’s go?” she came back to find Siwon intently staring at her.

 

“Have I ever told you that you look gorgeous?” mumbled Siwon. Hands folded on his chest and his body leaning on the door frame.

 

“What?”

 

“I said you’re gorgeous.” He repeats without hesitation. Tiffany instantly blushed at the statement. 

“Let’s go.” Siwon got a hold of her hand and lead her towards his waiting car.

 

They spend their time at the cinema with Tiffany choosing what movie to watch. Just like what a normal couple does on a date. Sharing a popcorn, and Siwon being pinched and slapped by Tiffany all the way. He would smile and laugh along with her. He doesn’t mind at all that he’s watching a romantic love story, because his focus is on their latched fingers and her head leaning on his shoulder.  

 

“Are you sure you’re the one who gave birth to my son?” Siwon said out of nowhere. They had just finished their lunch in one of her favorite place.

“What are you talking about?” She’s drinking on her water when what he said hit a nerve.

 

“Because you don’t look like a mother of a three year old.” Like, she’s only wearing a simple knee length baby pink dress but he could enumerate at least three men only in that restaurant who eyed Tiffany even th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter