1

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So, how’s your application going on with Jessica?” the older spark a conversation as he sips his morning coffee. It’s been more than a month since they have been busy with the transfer of documents from Korea to the States. 

“Still on the process Dad. I don’t really know what’s taking it so long to be approved.” She replied taking a bite of her sandwich.

“What’s that smell?” she complained as if really disgusted of what her nose is receiving.

“What? I don’t smell anything bad at all.” He said putting down his mug of black coffee.

“I don’t know but it makes me wanna puke.” She immediately take her run leaving the older man on the table worried.

And in a matter of seconds the sound of a person vomiting can be heard all over the house.

~

 

“Hey, Tiff are you okay?” Jessica nudge her on the sides, noticing her spacing out and pale. As today is the schedule of their interview with the board. The day they will be bombarded with questions on whether they are credible enough or not.

“Uh..yeah. I just feel nauseous.”

“We’re gonna be okay. I’m nervous too.” She assured by squeezing her hand. And the latter just nodded.

***

 

“Dad, guess what happened today.” She greeted as soon as she entered their house.

“Let me guess, My princess got accepted to be a physician on the States.”

“Not only that, We’re gonna start to be an intern while we finish our final year Dad.” She informed with a smile on her face.

“I’m so proud of you Miyoung.” He opening his arms wide to receive her embrace.

“Come on let’s eat. Ahjumma prepared something great.” He invited towards the dining table.

“I don’t think I want to eat Dad. I’ll go shower first.” She rejected upon the sight of the food by the table that makes her wanna puke more. And her dizziness isn’t helping either.

On the other hand the older people inside the house got more and more worried by her weird behavior these past few days. Sensitivity, mood swings and her often cases of vomiting.

 

She slumped her body on her bed as soon as she reach her room. She’s so dizzy to even just get a change of clothes, which is really not too much of her liking.

And as the moon light illuminated the night sky passing through her room’s balcony, she started tearing up. Her she goes again, reminiscing the past. She’s missing his presence.

 But she shrugged off. She stumbled out of bed and bega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter