Chapter 9

DREAM BRIDE

A/N: Red Italics are Dara's thoughts, Italics are flashback

As soon as Dara got home, she went straight to her room and locked the door. She didn't even say hi to her aunt. As soon as she was in the confines of her room, she sat on her bed and put her hand on her chest. She willed her heart to slow down. It's been beating erratically since she was last with Jiyong. She's so confused. Her dream cannot be real. There's no such thing as magic nightgowns, or magic dreams. But how can she explain knowing about Jiyong's tattoo on his left shoulder when she's never seen a picture of him with his shirt off or she's never met him before. Dara fans herself, still feeling flushed. She should call and apologize to Jiyong. But she just can't right this moment. Maybe she's going crazy. Maybe she's seen his picture somewhere. But a small voice inside her is saying, maybe the nightgown is real. She's afraid of that thought. She doesn't want Jiyong to be her destiny. He's a guy that has a woman wherever he goes. He doesn't believe in love, he said so. 

FLASHBACK

While they were touring the exhibits in the gallery. 

"Since we're getting to know each other better. You're an attractive guy. Why don't you have a girlfriend?"

"I knew you've got the hots for me." Jiyong said while wiggling his eyebrows.Dara laughs and tries to hit him.

"No seriously."

"Well, when I was younger, I didn't live like a monk if that's what you mean."

"So you had a girl wherever you went."

"You could say that."

"So what happened?"

"I grew up. I realized that quality is more important than quantity."

"Ah, I knew it. You're a romantic at heart."

"Yeah, but not in the way you mean.I don't believe in love."

"But you believe in magic. That doesn't make any sense."

"Of course. One doesn't have anything to do with each other. Magic exists. Love is the myth."

"Maldo andwae. I've never seen magic aside from the occasional illusionist. But you only have to look around, to parents with their kids, kids and their pets, lovers who've been together for years, you can see love everywhere. How can you say it doesn't exist?"

"Magic is everywhere. There's a miracle happening every single second of day. I've seen a lot of unexplainable stuff in my travels."

"And yet you don't believe in love."

"I've never experienced it first hand."

"You said your harabeoji gave you your first camera. Since when did you live with him?"

"My harabeoji took me in when I was 10."

"Your parents were...?"

"My eomma died a few months before my I lived with my grandfather."

"What about your abeoji? When did he pass away?"

"He didn't. He's alive as far as I know. At least since I last talked to him."

"Eh? But you lived with your harabeoji. Eotteohke?"

"It just worked out that way."

END OF FLASHBACK

Dara, calm down get a grip. You need to think about this rationally. First of all, you need to apologize to Jiyong. That's it. I need to do this one step at a time. Dara dials Jiyong's cellphone number and takes a deep breath.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Annyeong Jiyong-sshi! It's me, Dara."

"Annyeong Dara! Gwaenchanha?"

"I'm ok. Mianhe for running out on you. I don't know what came over me."

"I get that some times. Some ladies just can't get over how charming I am."

"You really need to get your head checked. I think it's gotten bigger since we last talked. I don't want you to break your neck." Dara chuckles.

"I just wanted to make you laugh. It worked." 

"Seriously though. Let me make it up to you. Let me take you out to dinner."

"That would be nice. But I can't tonight."

"Oh..." I should have guessed. He's an attractive guy. He's bound to go out on dates. "I guess next time then."

"It's not what you think. Your aunt invited me to dinner at your house tonight."

"Imo called you? When?"

"Before I met you this morning. I can never turn down your aunt's cooking " 

"Oh ok. I'll see you later then. I promise I won't run away again." Dara smiles.

"Ok. See you tonight, I promise I won't let you."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong readers! Here's chapter 9. Hope you like it.

Korean phrase/words

Maldo andwae - No way

harabeoji - grandfather

eomma - mom

abeoji - dad

eotteohke - how

yeoboseyo - hello

annyeong - hello

gwaenchanha? - are you ok?

mianhe - sorry

imo - aunt