Chapter 12

DREAM BRIDE

A/N: Red italics are Dara's thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eonje wasseo? What took you so long? I thought you ditched me."

His warm breath at the back of her neck sent shivers down her spine. She doesn't know how she knew it was him but she did. Was it his scent or did my body just recognized him? Trying not to swoon is gonna be an impossible task. But she's gonna try her best. She puts on what she thinks is her poker face and turned around to face him.

He looks better up close. She could see that he got a new haircut and he shaved. His skin looks so smooth, she wanted to touch his cheek but she resisted the urge. 

"So, did you fall for me again? I look good, don't I?" Jiyong asks, his eyes had a teasing glint.

"In your dreams, Mr. Kwon. I must admit, you do look nice."

"You're not so bad yourself. And I told you, it's Jiyong. You look wonderful tonight. Neomu areumdawo."

Jiyong takes her hand and placed a soft kiss on her knuckles. Warmth spread from her hands throughout her body. She thinks it's the wine but she knows that's a lie. It has nothing to do with alcohol. It's the man himself. Jiyong takes her hand and puts it on the crook of his arm. He drags her to mingle with him.

There were mirrors in some of the walls of the ballroom. Jiyong stops them in front of one and makes her look at their reflection.

"We look good together, don't you think? With your beauty and my good looks, we'll be the envy of the ball. Should we mingle and spread our attractiveness all around?"

"You know, Jiyong, you might want to tone it down a little. Your big head might not fit any hats anymore." Dara giggles.

"But on a serious note, I'm glad you're here. I'm really not a big fan of parties or receptions like this. I never know how to react when people try to chat me up or ask me advice on photography and stuff. I take pictures because it gives me a good feeling. I try not to overthink my creations."

"I can tell. Your pictures strike me, as if they are paintings. There's no paint but it does evoke certain emotions."

"Wow. Did you just give me a compliment?" Jiyong laughs. Even his laughter sounds like music in my ears

"Ha ha...that's my good deed for the day."

Before Jiyong can reply, a middle aged woman with jet black hair and a provocative dress comes and talks to Jiyong.

"Excuse me Mr. Kwon. The mayor wants you to give a small speech."

"Oh ok. I have to go for a bit. But I'll be back. Don't give away all your dances ok? Save at least one for me." Jiyong says with a wink and proceeds to follow the woman towards the area where the mayor was standing. 

Not just one dance, you can have all of them. And if you want, you can have all of me too. Anytime, anyplace.

Dara's knees buckled at the direction her mind was going. She sat herself on one of the chairs before they find her on the floor. She looked at Jiyong as he walked towards the small podium. She could see the admiration between men and women alike. I guess I'm not the only one. Maybe my physical attraction to him is not an aberration. It's not just a crush anymore but I don't think it's love yet. I can still suppress it.

She tried to concentrate on what Jiyong was saying in his speech but she found herself drowning in his voice. That deep masculine voice. She shivers at the memory of him standing behind her earlier. She shakes herself awake then she became aware of whispers around her. I guess they noticed us together. The men were looking at her with admiration while the women were looking with hate and envy. Dara becomes self conscious and tries to sink in her seat. As soon as Jiyong's mini speech concluded, Dara tries to escape the ballroom a bit but Jiyong caught up with her and the band started to play.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Readers! Here's another chapter. 

Korean word/phrase

eonje wasseo - when did you get here

neomu areumdawo - so beautiful