Chapter 8

DREAM BRIDE

A/N: Red Italics are Dara's thoughts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara and Jiyong agreed to meet at the gallery next day. 

"Annyeong Dara!"

"Annyeong haseyo Mr. Kwon!"

"I thought I made it clear last night. Mr. Kwon is my grandfather, call me Jiyong."

"I thought that was just for my sister. You're not gonna call me dongsaeng are you? I think we're the same age."

"Actually, I'm 27. Two years older than you. But I don't think I can think of you as my dongsaeng... ever." Jiyong looks into Dara's eyes and she saw his eyes change from playful to hunger. She's only seen his eyes turn that way one time. And they were on the beach .

Dara blushes at the thought and looks away. Jiyong looks away too. He's not sure why everytime he's with Dara, he wants to flirt with her. He wants to goad her. He wants to see different expressions on her face. He loves looking at her.

"So, have you seen the exhibit yet?"

"Honestly, I haven't had the chance to. I was on vacation last week. Yesterday was my first day back.  I spent the day looking through your files and making sure everything is all set for my boss. She's going to be doing my job while I play tour guide and assistant."

"Oh...well...allow me to show you."

"Ok, thanks."

They walk around the gallery and different pictures of landscape are displayed all around. There's photos of sunset at a beach. The clear waters at a waterfall. The sun filtering through the forest. Dara noticed that it's not just pictures but Jiyong also lent some items from his personal collection that he acquired during his travels. Dara stopped infront of a picture of  a girl around 18 maybe. She was standing in front of a boy and she was holding a necklace that had a big diamond on it. The necklace on the picture was in a glass case in front of her.

"Ah...you've found my favorite piece." Jiyong takes out a key and opens the display and puts the necklace on Dara's hands. Dara is in awe of the beauty of the jewelry in front of her. 

"Close your eyes.Concentrate on the gem."

Dara did as she was told. In her mind's eye, the gem was glowing. Hmmm...That's weird. Gems don't glow. But for some reason she could feel the warmth and light emanating from the necklace. She shakes her head. There's no such thing as magic. 

"The lady that gave me this, told me it was a loving stone. Used in weddings. It is said to unite two souls into one."

An image of the beach popped into her head. Her and Jiyong tangled in a warm embrace. Where did that come from? She could swear she felt the gem shine brighter when  she was thinking about the dream. I'm going crazy. She opens her eyes and it was the same beautiful necklace. No glow, no heat.

"Neomu yeppeo. How did you get it?"

"Actually it was a gift. From this old lady in my travels. That's actually not a picture I've taken, but I thought it would fit the theme. The dream of true love. So...what did you think?"

"You're really talented, you know."

"Nah, I was just lucky, I was in the right place at the right time to capture the shot."

"I don't think so. You're pretty impressive."

"Really? You've fallen for me yet?"

"Wow, the ego on you. Does it hurt carrying that big head on your shoulders?" Dara chuckles.

"I'm just saying, you're pretty impressive too."

"Now you're turning my head."

"I'm not kidding. Since I met you, you've made a pretty big impression on me. You must've felt it too. Did you feel the gem glow when you touched it? It's supposed to mean something."

Dara tried to swallow but felt constricted. She tried to cough but the lump in wouldn't go away. So she decided to go towards the nearest water fountain. She took a sip and tried to calm her nerves.

"I think I need some fresh air."

"Ok, we can go out now." They walk along the courtyard. "Wow, I didn't think it was gonna be this hot when I woke up this morning. I shouldn't have worn this."

Jiyong takes off his windbreaker and he was only wearing a muscle tee underneath leaving his shoulders bare. Dara's breath hitched for she knew what she was gonna see before she saw it. In all the pictures she's seen of him, he's always wearing sleeves. She felt like her world stopped as the round tattoo on his left shoulder came into view. Her dream is not real. This can't be happening. 

"I need to go. Mianhe."

"But..."

"Jeonhwa halke."

She was already gone.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Readers! Here's chapter 8. I saw the comments and I see that a lot of you want Jiyong's POV but from some reason, it doesn't really fit. I am gonna upload a story that's more of Jiyong's POV and a little bit of Dara to round it out. Not connected with this fic. It will be totally separate. I'll upload when I reach 200 subscribers, as a thank you for reading my stories. I'm still trying to see how this story is gonna go. Thank you for reading and the comments. I'll try to update more often.

Korean phrase/words:

Annyeong - Hello, sometimes can also mean goodbye or in this case, I'm using it as good morning

Annyeong haseyo - a more formal way of greeting

Dongsaeng - younger sibling

Neomu yeppeo - very pretty

Mianhe - i'm sorry

Jeonhwa halke - i'll call you

*A/N update: 8/22/2014 I added something to this chapter. I put in Jiyong's age. I decided to make Jiyong 2 years older than Dara making him 27.