Chapter 15

DREAM BRIDE

A/N: red italics are Dara's thoughts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In Dara's room.

"Omo omo...Jiyong oppa has a fan club."

"Mwo? What are you talking about?"

Dara approaches where Minzy was sitting with her laptop on top of her bed.

"Look...I just typed his name on the search engine and all these links popped up."

Minzy clicked on the link for the fan club. 

"Wow. I've never met anybody who had a fan club before. Let's leave him a note."

"Eh? What would you say?"

"Not me...You! You can talk about how much of a great dancer he is and you know, you can talk about other stuff."

"What other stuff?"

Minzy puckers her lips and made kissing noises. Dara blushes to bright pink.

"I saw you two at the balcony last night almost eating each other faces off. I thought I should kinda stop you guys before things got out of hand. What if it was someone else who came out that night and caught you?"

"It was just a kiss, nothing else." Liar. It was more than that. The kiss awoke something dormant inside her. She wished they were able to do more but after their second dance but the other guests claimed his attention. Then the moment was gone.

Minzy rolls her eyes.

"Yeah right. I'm not a kid, unnie. From what I saw, I thought you guys were going to burn the balcony down. There was so much heat there, so much passion. I wish Youngdeuk kissed me like that."

"He doesn't?"

"Youngdeuk and I have a comfortable relationship."

"Minzy-ah, comfortable should come after you've been married for 30 years or something. Not when you're still dating."

"Ara-yo. I don't want to talk about it."

Minzy starts to click on the different links on the fan club web page. There were photos, and letters and even love notes. Somebody even put up a map of where he's been.

"Wow some of these people need to get a life."

"I think it's cool. How much do you think these people will pay if we got a picture of him ?"

"Why are you gonna ask him?"

"No. He's your boyfriend not mine."

"He's not my boyfriend." I wish he was.

"You know, you're so lucky he's a great guy. He's nice, funny, he's hot. I really like him. I know you like him too. I want to dream about a guy like him when it's my time to wear the nightgown.

"Yah! Number one: You're supposed to be engaged to Youngdeuk. Number two:..." Get your own man. "I got stuff to do so I need to get away from you, shoo."

Dara's cellphone rings.

"Yeoboseyo? Hey Jiyong!"

Minzy hears Jiyong's name and starts to make kissing noises. Dara pushes her sister out of her room and closes her door.

"Hey Dara. Am I disturbing you?"

"Ani. Waegeurae?"

"A friend of mine just called and invited me to his cabin in Jeju. He also told me there's a waterfall there that's popular at night. He thinks it might be a cool subject for my next project. There is a bit of a hike but he says it's worth it."

He's leaving. I know he's bound to go but not this soon. I'm not ready. Oh no, I don't want him to go yet.

"Oh ok. I guess, I'll just hold the fort down till you come back." Dara hopes he doesn't hear the disappointment in her voice. There was a pause on Jiyong's end.

"Jiyong?"

"I'm here. You can do that. Or...you can come with me. I hear the waterfall is really pretty."

Yes! Yes! Dara wanted to jump and squeal but she kept her cool. "That's an interesting idea."

Is he coming on to me? I wouldn't say no.

"I hope you're not thinking I'm making this up just to get you alone in the wilderness. I mean I wouldn't mind it. But I do have a friend who invited me. You want me to give you his number?"

Did I say it out loud? Or did he read my mind? Of course I want to go, desperately. 

"I might have to ask Bom if I can go."

"Ok. Sure. Just let me know."

"Jeonhwa halke. Annyeong."

Dara hangs up. She didn't notice that Minzy had snuck in and heard his invitation.

"You're going aren't you? You'll be alone with him. In the wilderness. Awww...it's so romantic. Maybe you'll see him . Oooh...Take a picture so we can sell it to his fans."

Dara tries to swat Minzy but she misses.

"Yah! If I go, it's for work. I'm supposed to be his assistant/tour guide."

"Yeah...right...Unnie and Oppa sittin' in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

Dara tries to throw a pillow at Minzy but her cat like reflexes enables her to evade the pillow.

"Admit it unnie. You want to see him ."

"I'm sure he's not that great looking."

"Keojimal. Unnie and Oppa sittin' in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G..."

Minzy leaves the room.

How can my sister know me so well? For some reason, she knew I was lying. I have seen Jiyong in my dreams and he was everything a woman could hope for and more.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Readers! Here's another chapter for you. Sorry it took me so long to update. Hope you like this.

Korean words/phrases

omo - korean way of saying OMG

oppa - older brother, used by younger girls for guys older than them

mwo - what

unnie - older sister, used by younger girls for girls older than them

ara-yo - i know

yeoboseyo - hello

ani - no

waegeurae - what's up

jeonhwa halke - i'll call you

annyeong - hello or in this chapter bye

keojimal - lie