Chapter 11

DREAM BRIDE

The girls are getting ready to go out the next evening. Jiyong invited them for a reception being held to welcome him to town. He invited all three of them but their aunt declined, wanting to get an early night's rest. So it's just Dara and Minzy in Dara's room preparing for the night. 

"I look like I'm going to the prom."

"No you don't. You're beautiful."

"I wish I had your timeless beauty unnie."

"You're beautiful in your own merit, Minzy-ah. Plus we're sisters, of course you're gonna have the same timeless beauty."

Dara looks at her sister and wondered why she can't see that she's beautiful inside and out. Sometimes, she wonders what is wrong with Youngdeuk to make her sister feel insecure. Youngdeuk is not a bad guy but Dara thinks her sister could do better. Some days she thinks her sister is settling. But she dare not say it. It's always been an a trouble topic for both of them. And one thing Dara hates most is having a fight with her sister. She loves her so much.

Minzy twirls in front of the mirror. Her fluffy pink dress, swishing past her knees. Dara remembers her when she was a little girl and they used to play dress up with their mom's clothes, shoes and make up. Dara then looks at her reflection on the mirror. She decided to wear her little black dress that hugged her curves but still looked elegant and not indecent. 

"I wish I was taller. Ugh, if you weren't my sister, I'd hate you right now."

"You know you love me. I love you too."

The doorbell rings.

"Oh that's Youngdeuk. It's ok that I'm bringing him right?"

"Yeah, Jiyong said it was ok."

"We're gonna go out to dinner before we go to the reception."

"But there's gonna be food there."

"Yeah but you know Youngdeuk. He's really picky when it comes to food. He's not adventurous in that department."

Dara forced a smile and tried not to roll her eyes. That's one of the differences between her sister and Youngdeuk. Her sister is willing to try different things before deciding if she likes it or not. Youngdeuk on the other hand does not like change. Aisssht why is she thinking about them instead of concentrating on the finishing touches to her appearance.

"Ok, just promise me you won't let Youngdeuk talk you out of skipping the reception."

"Of course. I won't let you or oppa down. Na kanda."

"Itta boja."

After Minzy left, Dara put another coat of lipgloss and made a final sweep of her hair. She grabbed her purse and headed to the hotel. She told Jiyong that she'll meet him there instead of him picking her up since he was the main guest. She gets to the hotel ballroom and looks around to see if there's anyone she knew. What is she saying? She's really looking for Jiyong. She promised herself she won'tb swoon when she sees him. She heads to the bar and asks for a glass of white wine and took a sip. For courage. She sees Jiyong talking to a bunch of people on the other side of the room. She was right. He looks so hot in his black tux. She looks away for a minute and when she looks back at his last location, he was gone. She was just about to look for him again when she felt his presence behind her.

"What took you so long? I thought you ditched me."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Readers! Another chapter for you. Hope you're still reading. :D

Korean phrase/words

unnie - older sister

na kanda - i'm going

itta boja - see you later