Chapter 10

DREAM BRIDE

After Dara ends the call with Jiyong, there was a knock on her door.

"Unnie, are you in there?"

Dara gets up from her bed and lets Minzy in.

"Gwaenchanha? You rushed into your bedroom as soon as you walked in. You didn't even say hello to me and Imo Eunji. Is everything ok?" 

"Keureom-yo. Everything is fine. What makes you think otherwise?"

"Oh ok. Good. So, how was spending the day with Jiyong? Was it good? He's so dreamy. If I wasn't engaged to be engaged with Youngdeuk, I would've made a move on him. Just kidding." 

"You sound like a kid with a crush instead of an 18 year old who's going to start college soon."

"I don't care. I'd rather be a dreamer than a cynic."

"Maybe we should help Imo Eunji with dinner preparations."

"No need. I was helping her all afternoon. The food just needs to cook. So? Spill? What did you guys talk about? Any cool stories?"

Dara oblige and started to re-tell the stories that Jiyong shared with her that day. 

"That's so romantic. Did you flirt with him?"

"What kind of a question is that?"

"I hope you did. You need to start going out more unnie."

"I go out." Dara crossed her arms across her chest and pouted.

"Yeah right. I think the last time you introduced a guy was..."

"Nope. Don't say it."

"Mian. I almost forgot. Anyways, I'm gonna go get changed for dinner. You should too. You know, be pretty for our guest? Not that you need it. You're pretty without even trying."

Dara could only shake her head at her sister's antics.

"Arasso. I'll get ready too."

 

Jiyong arrives promptly for dinner. He looked good in his dark pink polo shirt and black jeans. Instead of her normal sweatpants and shirt that Dara usually wears at home, she decides to wear a yellow wrap dress. A gift from her Aunt in one of her travels. It's simple yet it hugs her body perfectly and highlights her beauty even more. Jiyong couldn't take his eyes of her. She looked radiant. His stares made Dara blush which made him stare at her more. It wasn't till Minzy started to snap her fingers that Jiyong snapped out of it. 

"Oppa, my unnie might melt if you keep staring like that."

"That's because your unnie is so beautiful. Neomu yeppeo. Of course, it's not just her. All three of you are very beautiful."

Dara blushed at Jiyong's comment. 

"Ara-yo. But you must admit, my unnie is the prettiest, When we were younger, all the kids in school wanted to be with her. Whether it be boys or girls."

"Minzy, geuman. We don't need to revisit the past."

"I'm just saying. It's also a warning for oppa."

"Warning? What warning?"

"That if he wants to be with you, he'd have to beat through the path of admirers to get to you."

"You're really reaching for it. I'm not Jiyong-sshi's type."

"How would you know?" Jiyong asked. "You've never asked me. I already have my stick ready." Jiyong says with a grin.

Dara starts to blush again. 

"I think it's time to check on Imo for dinner. Excuse me."

Dara runs to the kitchen to help her aunt. Laughter is heard in the living room.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Readers! I'm back with another chapter. Hope you like it.

Korean phrase/words:

unnie - older sister

gwaenchanha? - are you ok?

keureom-yo - yes, sure, absolutely

imo - aunt

mian - sorry

arasso - ok

oppa - older brother

neomu yeppeo - very pretty

ara-yo - i know

geuman - stop