Chapter 17

DREAM BRIDE

The next day, Jiyong arrives at Dara's house at 7am.He walks towards the front door to pick her up. Eunji opens the front door.

"Annyeong Eunji noona!"

"Annyeong Jiyong! Dara is getting dressed, come into the kitchen and have a little breakfast."

"Ok thanks."

Jiyong follows Eunji into the kitchen. Minzy is sitting at the kitchen counter eating her eggs, bacon and pancakes.

"Annyeong oppa. We're having an American breakfast." Minzy says with a grin.

"Sounds yummy. Did Dara eat yet?"

"Ani. She said she'll be down soon though. So oppa, where are you going?"

"I have a friend that has a cabin in Jeju Island. He told me about this falls that is popular at night. I think he said it's name is Cheonjiyeon falls."

"Oh I've heard of it but I haven't seen it yet. I wish I could go too."

"Next time. Maybe next time."

Dara enters the kitchen. She's wearing a halter top and slim fitting jeans. Her hair was tied in a braid.

"Jiyong? Am I that late?"

"Ani. I just couldn't wait to see you... I mean, I was hungry so I came hoping your aunt will feed me." Jiyong says sheepishly.

Dara blushes and Eunji chuckles. Minzy starts to giggle.

"Unnie, now your face matches your halter top."

"Ip dakchyeo."

Minzy does the peace sign. "Nongdam-ieyo, unnie."

Eunji serves breakfast and soon it was time for Jiyong and Dara to leave.

 

They traveled to Jeju by plane. Jiyong's friend was waiting for them at the airport.

"Hey Ji! I'm so glad you came." 

"What's up Bae? Oraenmaniya." Jiyong engulfs his friend Youngbae in a hug.

"Ara. It's been a long time." Youngbae notices Dara standing behind Jiyong. 

"Oh yeah, Youngbae, this is my friend Dara. Dara this is my friend Dong Youngbae."

"Annyeong Dara-sshi. You're as beautiful as Jiyong described." Youngbae reaches for Dara's hand for a handshake.

Now both Jiyong and Dara are blushing.

"My wife Ji Eun prepared the cabin for you guys. It's separate from the main house so you'll have your privacy. If I remember correctly though, Jiyong might want to camp out by the falls the first night."

"You know me too well, Bae. But I think we'll do that tomorrow. It would be rude of me to subject Dara into work right away. I believe we'll take it easy today."

"Are you sure Jiyong? I mean we did come here to work. That is what we came here for."

"The falls are not going anywhere. We have three days."

"Ok, whatever you say."

"So, you're not gonna work tonight? Assa! Ji Eun will be pleased. She was hoping to spend a bit more time to catch up with you. We haven't seen you since the wedding."

The trio walked to Youngbae's Range Rover. The scenery was so beautiful that Dara was speechless at the beauty she was seeing. Meanwhile, the two friends were catching up in the front seat.

"So Bae, how's Ji Eun?"

"She's good. Actually, we're expecting our first born. Otherwise, she would've been with me to pick you guys up."

"Jeongmal! Chukhae! That's good news. You'll be a great dad."

"Gomawo Ji. So Dara-sshi, is this your first time in Jeju?"

"No. I've been here once before for a school trip but this would be the first time I would see the waterfall."

"Geurae? Well, you're in for a treat. It really is a sight to see. There's actually 3 waterfalls here in Jeju. But I have to say Cheonjiyeon Falls is my favorite. And like I told Jiyong it's really pretty. Especially at night."

They arrive at Youngbae's house. A petite woman with ebony hair and a rounded stomach was waiting at the front door to greet them. She was smiling and waving at them as the trio got out of the car.

"Jiyong-oppa! I can't believe you're here." Jiyong walks towards the smiling Ji Eun and gives her a hug.

Youngbae unloads the car as Dara gets her stuff out the backseat.

"Aigoo...still as pretty as ever. Is Bae treating you right?"

"Keureom-yo. He's the best husband one can ever hope for. Why did it take you so long to come visit?"

"Mianhe Ji Eun-ah. I've been sorta busy traveling. But I'm here now. By the way, I want you to meet somebody." 

Jiyong walks with Ji Eun towards Dara. 

"Ji Eun-ah, this is Dara, she's a friend of mine. Dara, this is Youngbae's wife and a dear friend of mine too Ji Eun."

"Annyeong haseyo Ji Eun-sshi. Nice to meet you."

"Annyeong haseyo Dara-sshi. It's nice to meet you too. You are as beautiful as Jiyong-oppa described. Come inside and rest. I know you guys had a bit of a travel. You can rest while I finish supervising the dinner preparations. "

 

Youngbae takes Dara and Jiyong to the cabin. 

"Here's the cabin I was talking about. It has a mini kitchen so if you guys want privacy, you can eat here too. Ji Eun has it all stocked up with the essentials. Both bedrooms are ready, so I'll let you guys pick which one you'll use. Dinner is at 7pm. That should be enough time for you guys to freshen up and rest."

"Kamsahamnida Youngbae-sshi."

"You're welcome Dara-sshi. I think if it wasn't for you, we still wouldn't see our friend Jiyong."

"Mwo?" Dara asks, confused on what Youngbae meant.

"Youngbae! Gomawo for this." Jiyong ushers Youngbae to the door. As soon as they're out of earshot, Youngbae grins at Jiyong.

"Jinjja yeppeo Ji. She looks like a keeper."

"Yah! Bae, we're just friends. We're here for work."

"Yeah right. I can see the sparks a mile away dude. You're a goner."

"You're crazy. Now go. We'll see you at dinner."

Youngbae leaves, chuckling to himself. He's never seen his friend flustered before.

He enters his home and finds his wife in the kitchen. He puts his arms around her waist. Ji Eun recognizes her hubby and leans in on him.

"Jagiya, did Jiyong oppa and Dara-sshi settle in the cabin ok?"

"Neh. It's nice seeing Jiyong again."

"Yes it is. They look good together don't they?"

"Yeah they do."

"She looks like a nice person. Better than she who must not be named."

"Yeah. I hope she's the one. Jiyong deserves to have a happiness like ours."

"Yeah. You want to rest before dinner?"

"As long as it's with you."

Youngbae picks up his wife bridal style and walks towards their bedroom.

"Yah, Bae, put me down! I'm too heavy. I'm 6 months pregnant."

"You're as light as a feather and I love you. I'll carry you forever."

"Awww...I love you too Bae."

The couple enters the bedroom and shuts the door behind them.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Readers! Here's another chapter for you. I put in a sweet moment between Youngbae (Jiyong's friend) and hi wife Ji Eun. :) Thank you for subscribing.

Korean word/phrases

annyeong - hello

noona - older sister, used by younger guy

oppa - older brother, used by younger girl

ani - no

unnie - older sister, used by younger girl

ip dakchyeo - shut up

nongdam-ieyo - just kidding

oraenmaniya - long time no see

ara - i know

assa - sort of like an expression of intense excitement like Yes! or Great!

jeongmal - really

chukhae - congratulations

gomawo - thank you

geurae - yes

aigoo - korean version of "aw geez" or "aww man"

keureom-yo - of course

mianhe - sorry

annyeong haseyo - more formal way of saying hello

kamsahamnida - thank you

mwo - what

jinjja yeppeo - really pretty

jagiya - darling

neh - yeah