Chapter 3

DREAM BRIDE

A/N: Red italics are Dara's thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sit up in my bed, still thinking about him. I've never had those kinds of dreams before. It really felt like I was at the beach and my body feels sore. As if I really did the things we did. I can feel myself blushing just thinking about it. I snap out of my reverie when I see my sister come into my room and sit next to me.

"So...what happened unnie? Did you see him? What was he like? What did you do? Is he good looking? Come on give me details. Please?"

"Nothing happened." She pouts at my answer.

"Nothing? Not even one guy in your dream?" 

"No. Mianhe Minzy-ah. I told you it was just a legend."

"I guess. I'll go make coffee and update Imo."

Dara stays on her bed. The legend is not true. I think that dream was my subconscious telling me I need to get out more. I started to think about the eligible guys at work but my mind keeps straying to the mystery man in my dream. I shake my head and get up to get ready for work. I'm a gallery manager for an art gallery downtown. I've just come back from a week long vacation culminating in my party last night. After my shower and morning routines, I go to the kitchen to find my aunt making breakfast and my sister digging into her pancakes. She turns the tv on and I hear a familiar voice. A voice I've only heard one time, last night in my dreams.

"So, we're here at the Yesul Gallery with well known photographer Kwon Jiyong. So, Mr. Kwon, what can you tell us about your new exhibition?"

"Taking pictures have always been a passion of mine. The experience of capturing that one special moment and freeze it never fails to captivate me. The theme of my newest exhibition is called dreams. I went all around the world and tried to find places so beautiful, you'd think you can only see them in your dreams."

"Wow. Well said Mr. Kwon. If you're in the downtown area, don't forget to drop by Yesul Gallery and check out Kwon Jiyong's masterpieces. This is Lee Ji Eun for Wake Up Seoul."

Kwon Jiyong. The guy from my dream. My dream guy has a name. And he's real. I will never forget that face, that voice, that body that I've seen every inch of. My mind is reeling from what I saw. I didn't know I've been staring at the TV for awhile until I heard my sister tapping her spoon on her coffee mug.

"Unnie...*tap tap tap* Unnie...Yah unnie...gwaenchanha?" 

"Huh?" Dara snaps out of it.

"Unnie, gwaenchanha? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Uhm..." She looks at her watch. "Oh, look at the time, I need to go."

"Hey you haven't eaten breakfast yet."

"That's ok Imo Eunji. I'll eat on the way to work." She gives a kiss to her aunt and her little sis. And then she leaves.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Readers! Here's chapter 3. How am I doing so far?

Korean word/phrase

unnie - older sister

mianhe - sorry

gwaenchanha - are you ok

imo - aunt