Chapter 4

DREAM BRIDE

A/N: Red italics are Dara's thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara stops by the cafe near her workplace to get the coffee and the breakfast sandwich she missed this morning. I've been seeing his face all over town since I left home. On posters, on the bus, on a newspaper. Have they always been there? Maybe I've been seeing his picture all week and my subconscious just decided to pick him to star in my dream last night. That's it. There's no such thing as destiny.

She shakes her head and enters the gallery.

I've been working as gallery manager  for the Yesul Gallery for the past 3 years. The owner is actually a good friend of mine. Me and Choi Bom formerly Park Bom have been friends since our college days. I was actually the maid of honor at her wedding to Choi Seunghyun. I head to my office and I'm surprised to see Bom in there early in the morning.

"Waeniriya? Gwaenchanha?"

"Please don't be mad at me ok."

"Well, when you put it that way. What did you do?"

*sigh* "Well, you've probably seen the TV bit about Kwon Jiyong's exhibition here."

"Yeah so..."

"Well, one of the things we offered so he'd have his works here is a guide to the whole town. He says he wants to look for his next inspiration here."

Dara sees Bom fidgeting with her hands. She always does that when she's anxious.

"So...come on Bommie...we don't have all day."

"Well, Chaerin was supposed to be his guide for his whole stay and..."

"Bommie, I'm aging here. Spit it out."

Bom takes a deep breath. "Ok...Chaerin was supposed to be his guide and assistant while his here but then I just saw a note from her under my door that she was eloping with her boyfriend Seungri and said she was quitting so now I'm in a bind because he's already here and I don't have any other staff to spare to be his assistant and please please please help me out." 

Bom gasps after the long spiel.

"What?"

"Chaerin eloped and I would like you to be the one assist and act as tour guide for Mr. Kwon."

"Bommie, I'm a gallery manager not a tour guide and what do you mean we don't have staff?"

"Well, the only ones we have left are the temp and the newbie. You can't expect me to leave an important client with those two, do you? Plus, you probably know more about this town than those two since you're from here."

"Ok, you got me there. But why don't you do it?"

"Hello? How long have we been friends? You know how Tabi gets jealous if another guy just stands next to me."

"True...but Bommie...what about my job here?"

"I can do your job for the duration while he's here. I really really need you to do this for me." Bom flashes me with her puppy dog eyes and grabs my hands. I can never say no to my friend.

"Aisshht...quit giving me those eyes. Arasso...I'll do it for you."

"Jeongmal?" Bom pulls me into a hug. "Thank you thank you thank you." *mwah* Bom gives me a smack on my cheek.

"Yah!!! They're gonna think you've turned to the dark side or something. I don't want Seunghyun to get jealous of me."

"You're the best chingu, anyone could ever hope for."

"Yeah, yeah...so you've told me a million times. Now shoo! Let me get to work."

"Arasso. By the way, I set up a meeting with him tomorrow. And..." Bom leaves my office and comes back with a file. "Here's some background info on Kwon Jiyong. Hopefully, it will help you guys get along better." 

"Gomawo..." Dara says sarcastically.

She proceeds to start her work. If Bom is going to be doing her job for the next few weeks, she needs to make sure everything will go smoothly for her.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Readers! I'm here again. Hope you're liking this so far. Let me know what you guys think. :)

FYI: Tabi is Bom's nickname for her husband Seunghyun. 

Korean words/phrases used:

waeniriya - what's up

gwaenchanha - are you ok

arasso - ok

jeongmal - really

chingu - friend

gomawo - thank you