Chapter 16

DREAM BRIDE

A/N: Red italics are Dara's thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara goes to the office to talk with Bom. Bom talking on the phone, she notices Dara and gestures her to sit down.

"I'm fine Tabi. I'm taking it easy. Arasso. I will. I love you. I miss you too." Bom hangs up the phone and faces Dara.

"So, waeniriya Dee? How's it going with Jiyong?"

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about, Jiyong invited me to go with him to Jeju. A friend of his thought there's a waterfall that would make a great piece for his next project."

"So?"

"Can I go?"

"Dee...you're a grown woman. Of course you can. You didn't need to ask me. Besides, you're supposed to be his assistant/tour guide. How will you assist him when you're not together?"

"Well, I just wanted to make sure."

"Well, now that that's out of the way. Soooo...how is he?"

"Mwo? What do you mean by that?" 

"You know what I mean. You're spending your day with one of the most eligible bachelor here right now. How is he? Is he nice? Did he make a move on you yet?"

"Bommie..." Dara blushes at her friend's questions. "Is that even a question an employer should ask her employee?"

"I'm not asking you as an employer Darong. I'm asking you as your friend. Your bestfriend? In case you've forgotten." 

Bom pouts. Dara can't stand when her friend pouts.

"Arasso. I'll tell you. Now smile now Bommie please. I don't want Seunghyun to get mad at me."

Bommie smiles and turns into a giddy schoolgirl again.

"Ok, come on. Details I need details."

"He's really nice, he's handsome. He has this uncanny ability of remembering people's names and figuring them out. He makes me scared and excited at the same time."

"Scared? Wae? He didn't hurt you did he?"

Dara could see that her sweet Bommie might go in Bominator mode if she's not careful. She smiles. That's what she loves about Bom, she's loyal to a fault. She's always ready to fight or defend her friends.

"Not what you're thinking Bommie. What I'm trying to say is, I'm scared that he's too good to be true. Actually he is too good to be true. I'm afraid that I can easily fall for him but he'll never love me. He doesn't believe in love."

"How do you know?"

"He pretty much told me. At the same time, I can't help but want to be with him. He makes me feel like a woman. He excites me."

"Well...I don't know what to say. Why not just try to enjoy this time with him? Don't overthink it. Just go with the flow. You never know, maybe sometime he'll change his mind."

"I guess. Thanks for being here for me Bommie. You're the best chingu in the world."

Dara stood up and gave Bom a hug. 

"Arasso. Now go. Ppali ka. Tell Jiyong you're going. And just enjoy it. And don't do anything I wouldn't do."

Bom says with a wink. Dara calls Jiyong to tell him she's going then drives herself home to pack.

 

Dara is standing in front of her closet dumbfounded. Minzy is sitting at the foot of her bed looking at her sister with a smile. Her sister has always been the composed one, the serene one. Seeing her a bit panicked is a rare event.

"What does one do on a hiking trip? I've never been hiking before or camping for that matter. What do I bring? What should I wear?"

"Unnie, relax. Breathe in..." Both sisters inhale. "Breathe out..." Both sisters exhale. 

"Ok, that sorta helped. Minzy-ah, dowaju."

"Ok. Let's get the basics first. Let's pick your underwear, shirts and jeans and a couple of sweaters. Layering is the best option instead of taking a lot of clothes. Nothing cotton because it doesn't provide insulation when wet. Take extra socks in case the ones you're wearing gets wet."

"Do I need my hairdryer? Of course not. What am I thinking saying yes to this trip?"

"Unnie, relax. You'll be fine. Jiyong oppa will take care of you."

That's what I'm afraid of. Actually, I'm not really afraid of Jiyong. I'm afraid of myself. Whenever we're together, I just feel like I would combust in flames. But I can't tell Minzy that. I still don't know how to tell her that I did dream about Jiyong when I wore the nightgown. I just want the things to go back to the way they were before that night but at the same time I don't really want to. I've never felt this alive in a long time.

Dara gathers the clothing she's decided to take. Minzy gets up and takes a look at Dara's cosmetic bag, to see what her sister should take and what she should leave behind.

"Toothpaste, toothbrush...you don't need make-up there...you do need sunscreen...shampoo..."Minzy takes out the unnecessary items and puts the small shampoo bottle in the pile. "Jiyong-oppa will probably bring soap, you can borrow his."

"I would've been so lost without you Minzy-ah. How do you know what to pack?"

"I went to that MT for drama club a few months ago. Don't you remember?"

"Oh yeah, you did. Gomawo. For helping me."

"Anytime unnie." Minzy smiles at her sister. "You know what? I think I have some of those shampoo samples, the ones in the sachet packet. Jamkanman, let me get it from my room. I'll be back."

Minzy leaves the room for a minute and comes back with the said packets. "Ok, I got them, I also have some facial cleaner samples too."

Dara notices Minzy has this 'I'm innocent look' and she's hiding something behind her back.

"What is that? What are you hiding?"

"Amugeotdo unnie."

"Minzy-ah...what is it?"

"Just something. It won't take too much space in your bag." Minzy opens her hand and a wrapper was on her palm.

"Park Minzy! Don't tell me you and Youngdeuk are doing it. You're only 18."

"Of course not unnie. But not because we're too young. I have friends who are already doing it. We're not doing it because Youngdeuk is a gentleman. But I have this just in case. I want to be prepared."

"Minzy-ah, my hair's gonna turn white because of you. Please don't be in a hurry to grow up yet."

"Arasso. So, do you want this or should I give you the whole box?"

"Nothing's gonna happen between us."

Dara takes the out of Minzy's hand and puts it in her cosmetic bag.

Minzy grins. "Uh huh...you never know. You just might get lucky."

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong readers! Here's another update for you. Sorry it took me too long. Hope you're still bearing with me.

Korean word/phrase

arasso - ok

waeniriya - what's up

mwo - what

wae - why

chingu - friend

ppali ka - hurry

unnie - older sis

dowaju - help me

oppa - older brother

MT - Membership Training; kinda like an out of town trip for clubs or groups with the purpose of team building

gomawo - thank you

jamkanman - wait a minute

amugeotdo - nothing