Thirtythree

Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Instead of heading home after doing the grocery shopping, Yong Hwa drove them to Hongdae street. It was almost six in the evening when they arrived at Hongdae. Shin Hye was frowning when Yong Hwa parked his car and helped her to jump out of the car.

“Why are we here?” She looked around as the street becoming more crowded.

Yong Hwa arranged her sweater and thick scarf wrapped around her neck before he grabbed her hand. They walked side by side as Yong Hwa intertwined their hands tightly.

“Are we going to eat here?” Shin Hye asked excitedly.

“You want to eat here?”

Shin Hye shrugged her shoulder and told him it was him to decide where they were supposed to eat.

He just smiled as he dragged her to his favourite Italian restaurant. Shin Hye followed him as she looked at the interior and feeling amazed.

“What do you want to eat?”

Shin Hye was still contemplating either to choose her own food or to let Yong Hwa choose for her since this was her first time eating at Italian restaurant. She looked up and smiled nervously at her husband.

Yong Hwa caught her expression and understood that look on her face.

“Please give us Bruschetta, Margherita Pizza and Mushroom Risotto.” Yong Hwa placed their orders.

“Drink, sir?”

“Two orange juice.”

“Anything else?” The young waitress asked.

Shin Hye squeezed his hand which made Yong Hwa looked at her. She showed him the Tiramisu on the menu book.

“Can we have tiramisu first?” Shin Hye asked. She knew it was weird for her requesting tiramisu as her starter but what could she do if she really wanted to have tiramisu first.

The waitress came back few minutes later with a plate of tiramisu and orange juices and placed them on the table.

Shin Hye did not waste any time immediately pulled the tiramisu closer to her. She took a spoonful of tiramisu and ate it heartily.

“Is it good?” Yong Hwa asked as he watched over her.

She nodded as she took another bite of tiramisu. Yong Hwa chuckled softly as he stared at her amusingly. He noticed during her pregnancy, she started to gain weight and even her cheeks were chubbier than before. It just that she was always pale which concerned him a lot.

“Next week, we are going to Jeju.” Yong Hwa blurted out.

Shin Hye looked up in surprise and met her husband gazes.

“I have meeting with our clients there. We will be there for about five days.”

“Can I just stay?” Shin Hye asked lowly.

“No. You are coming with me.” Yong Hwa replied firmly. “Soo Jung and mom are coming too.”

Shin Hye could only protested in silence and pursed her lips in annoyance. Going to Jeju with Yong Hwa means she had to stay with him in one place all the time.

‘What if he starts to ask something that I could not give to him’ Shin Hye thought as she looked nervously at her husband.

***

Shin Hye looked at her reflection on the mirror. Her baby bump was now more pronounced. She chuckled softly and caressed her belly smoothly.

“Baby, what are you doing inside there?” She said as smoothed her dress around her baby bump. “Mommy can’t wait to see you already.”

Yong Hwa came into their wardrobe just about she was about walked out which made her bumped into him. Luckily, Yong Hwa was fast and caught her.

Yong Hwa looked at her worriedly as he helped her to stand again. Shin Hye could only sighed in relief when she thought she was going to hit the floor.

“Are you done?” Yong Hwa asked with his arms wrapped around her waist.

Shin Hye looked back at her husband as she nodded.

“We need to go now.” He said again.

***

Shin Hye was sulking and protesting in silence as she looked out of the window. She really thought Madam Jung and Soo Jung would come with them but that was just a lie. There were no Madam Jung, no Soo Jung and no meeting as what Yong Hwa told her before.

‘How could Yong lie to me?’ She thought sadly as she wiped away her tears. ‘I believe him so much.’

Yong Hwa knew his wife was angry at him. He knew it the moment he tried to reach for her hand but Shin Hye immediately pulled her hands away and turned her body from him.

Shin Hye was sobbing quietly. She could not help to stop her tears. The more she tried to stop, more of her tears coming down her cheeks.

“Baby.. Look at me..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter