Twentytwo

Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye frantically jumped off from the bed and ran to the bathroom to throw up everything in her stomach. She cringed because of the bitter taste after she vomited.

She rubbed her flat tummy and giggled. “Aigoo. Our baby must be wake up really early. Mianhe, eomma will eat something for you.”

Shin Hye went to kitchen and grabbed something to eat. She poured the orange juice into the glass and took a small bite of the bread.

“Baby, today we are going to clinic. We need to do some checkup to make sure you are healthy. Your appa will scold me if I not taking good care of you.” She said again.

***

Shin Hye waited for her name to be called out. She did not tell Madam Jung and Soo Jung yet about her pregnancy so she went to clinic without telling them. Moreover, Shin Hye did not want them to be worried of her so she decided kept it away from them.

“Jung Shin Hye!”

She was snapped back to reality when her name was called by the nurse.

“This way, Mrs. Jung.” The young nurse showed her the way and told her to sit while waiting for the doctor.

“Good morning, Mrs. Jung.” A doctor in her mid-forty greeted her. “How are you feeling today?”

Shin Hye greeted her back and explained to the doctor that she was feeling nauseas and kept on vomiting this lately. She also told the doctor she had made pregnancy test twice before she decided to see doctor.

“Okay, I understand that you just need a confirmation, right?”

Shin Hye nodded.

“We need to blood test for that. Don’t worry it is not going to hurt.”

The doctor asked her assistance to prepare for the blood test. While waiting for the preparation, the doctor looked through her file.

“Jung Yong Hwa?” The doctor looked up at her. “He is your husband?”

“Neh..”

“Omo! That brat did not even bother to introduce his wife to me.” She muttered.

“Sorry, I didn’t get you..” Shin Hye interrupted.

The doctor shook her head. “I was surprised to see you here. Where is Yong Hwa? That kid how can he let you go to clinic alone?”

“He is in Japan.”

“Working again?”

Shin Hye nodded and at the same time the nurse announced that the blood test was ready. She went still when the doctor advanced to her with a syringe in her hand. She closed her eyes to wait for the needle to penetrate into her arm.

“Okay, done.”

Shin Hye was in disbelief because she did not feel anything.

“The result will come out soon. Please wait for a while.” The young nurse said as she walked away.

“So, Shin Hye-sshi, Yong Hwa must be happy to hear this, right?”

She nodded. “Doctor..”

“Call me Doctor Lee.” She introduced herself. “I am Jong Hyun’s mother. Sorry, I did not get a chance to attend your wedding. I was in Busan that time.”

“Doctor Lee, can you keep this from Yong Hwa? I want to surprise him.” Shin Hye bit her lip.

Dr. Lee agreed to her. “Okay, sure. You must be really excited for this. I am sure Yong Hwa will feel the same too.”

‘That exactly I want but our relationship today, I am not sure if he will be thrill.’ Shin Hye thought.

While waiting for the result to come out, Dr. Lee continued to converse with Shin Hye and advice her on pregnancy.

Few minutes later, the nurse came back with a smile plastered on her face.

“It seems to be happy news.” Dr. Lee said.

Shin Hye looked at the doctor before her excitedly.

“Congratulation, Shin Hye-sshi. You are six weeks pregnant. Please take care of yourself. Make sure Yong Hwa taking a good care of you. I will prescribe you with vitamins. You need to take them everyday and don’t miss them.”

***

“Unnie, where are you?” Soo Jung said happily.

“Wae?” Soo Yeon asked her coldly over the phone.

It was nothing unusual for Soo Jung that Soo Yeon was giving her a cold treatment. She was used to it already.

“Ani. Let’s go have lunch together. Eomma is missing you.”

“Hmm”

“You will come, right?” Soo Jung asked.

“Let’s see if I am free later.”

Soo Jung sighed in defeated. “Okay. Text me if you are coming.”

Soo Jung ended her call at the same time Shin Hye walked in to her office. She greeted her happily as she wrapped her arm around her shoulder.

“Unnie, let’s have lunch together. My treat! Eomma will join us too.” Soo Jung exclaimed.

“Arasso but I have to tell Yong Hwa first.” Shin Hye searched for her phone in her bag while smiling lovingly at her sister.

Soo Jung left her sister and went to her desk. She phoned her assistance to prepare drinks for them.

“Unnie, what do you like to have? Coffee?”

“Can I have juice instead?”

Shin Hye dragged her feet to the sofa which later Soo Jung joined her.

“Unnie, what do you think about Kang Min Hyuk-ssh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter