Seventeen

Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone. First of all, I would like to welcome all the new subscribers. Here, this is Chapter 17. Please enjoy it. And don't forget to leave your comment and share your thought with me. Enjoy :D

“Yong..”

Yong Hwa took another bite of grilled meat before he looked up at her wife.

“Eomma and I went lunch together today.” Shin Hye put down her chopsticks and spoon on the table. “She told me something.”

“Something? About what?” He asked curiously.

“Hmm..” She was in hesitance either to tell him or not. The subject might offend him but she could not help. She was curious with her husband past.

Yong Hwa patiently waited for his wife to speak up while taking another bite of grilled meat.

“Aniya, gwenchana.”  She smiled and about to continue eating when Yong Hwa held her hand.

“What is it? You can tell me. Is there anything bothering you?”

“I am just curious.” She bit her lower lip. “Eomma..told me about your father.”

“My father?”

She nodded. “Soo Jung’s father.”

“He never been a father to me.” He scoffed. “I am done eating.”

“Eh?!” Shin Hye could only stared in regret as her husband left the table.

***

Shin Hye walked into their bedroom right after she done cleaning the kitchen and washing all the dishes. Yong Hwa was sitting on their bed getting ready for sleep. She was feeling guilty for bringing up those matters. She was supposed to be aware how sensitive that issue to Yong Hwa.

She went into their shared bathroom to clean herself before joining her husband. She joined her husband few minutes later. Yong Hwa was half-lying in their bed, at the same time monitoring his iPad. It was silence between them until Shin Hye decided to speak up.

“Yong Hwa-yah.” She sat up while facing to him. “I am sorry if I hurt your feeling.”

She was on verge of tearing up seeing Yong Hwa was too focused on his iPad and ignoring her.

“Yong..” She slightly touched his arm, hoping her touch would melt down his anger.

Yong Hwa sighed as he beckoned his wife to come closer to him. “Come here.”

“I am sorry..”

“I am not angry. I just don’t want to talk about that.” Yong Hwa kissed top of her head as his arm circled around her tiny waist. “I hope you understand..”

Shin Hye leaned her head on his shoulder. “Okay. I promise I will never bring up those matters anymore.”

Yong Hwa cupped her face before he pecked on her lips. “Let’s sleep.”

***

Madam Jung was in her personal office when Soo Yeon walked in. Soo Yeon sighed heavily when she saw her mother was staring at those pictures again. The pictures that she would never look at for they only would opened the old wound.

“Eomma, stop making yourself look miserable.” She was concerned over her mother’s condition. Madam Jung kept on blaming herself for what happened in the past.

“Things happened back then. It wasn’t anyone fault. I don’t want Yong Hwa and Soo Jung to see you in this state.” Soo Yeon said again.

Madam started to sob. “I don’t know, Soo Yeon-ah. What if Yong Hwa found out from other people? I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want Yong Hwa to become distant with us again.”

“Eomma, stop it already. Stop worrying. Yong Hwa will never know anything unless we tell him. There are no another person knows about this except us, right?” Soo Yeon tried to calm her mother. “It is impossible for that baby to show up again. Beside they had moved to Japan. I don’t think so they will come back.”

“She is here with us. I don’t know, Soo Yeon-ah. I don’t know if I am doing the right thing.”

“What do you mean, eomma?” She looked at her mother in confusion. “What do you mean she is with us?”

Madam Jung was already wailing in her daughter’s arms. “I am sorry, Soo Yeon-ah. I am sorry. I am hurting you and Yong Hwa all over again.”

“Eomma, what are you talking about?”

Madam Jung gave the pictures to her daughter. Soo Yeon took the pictures from her mother’s hand though she was nervous.

“Shin Hye?” Soo Yeon looked at her mother in disbelief.

“Please forgive me, Soo Yeon-ah..” Madam Jung continued to sob.

“Why, eomma? Why?!” Soo Yeon almost yelled to her mother. “How could you do this to us? Eomma, I am your daughter.”

Soo Yeon was feeling disappointed toward her mother. “All this time, I am here for you, eomma. Why are you doing this to us? You know how hard it was for us to accept Soo Jung but now Shin Hye. I don’t know if I can even look at her.”

Madam Jung was wailing in agony. She tried to reach for her daughter but Soo Yeon immediately distant herself from her mother.

“Please hear me first.” She was kneeling infront of her daughter.

“No, eomma. I don’t want to hear anything.”

Soo Yeon left her mother wailing alone on the floor. She did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter