Sixteen

Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello Everyone. Chapter 16 is here. Please enjoy it a lot! And share your thought with me later.

June 1993

“Unnie, I am sorry. Please, unnie. Please help me. Please look after my baby. I know I don’t have any rights to ask you anything even asking help from you. But unnie, you are my only hope. I know I was wrong but my baby is innocent.”

Lee Yeon So looked the woman who was lying weakly in the bed. She did not know how to respond to her. Her heart was already broken because of this woman.

That woman tried to reach for her hand, but Yeon So shrugged her hands away from her and stared at her coldly. “I am sorry, unnie.”

“If only your sorry can bring back my husband to me, but no. Sorry won’t do anything. I lost my husband because of you and yet you are begging for me to take care after your baby after what have you done to me, to my family. How could you, Tae Hee. All this time, I adore you. I look after you because you are my family but what did you do to me? You betrayed me!”

Yeon So had losing her patient. The woman that she looked after because she was her family betrayed her.

“I am pregnant with his baby but my baby never knows her father. Do you know why?” Yeon So asked.

Tae Hee was already crying so hard. “I am sorry, unnie. It was all my fault. I am sorry..”

“Because he was with you. Do you know how painful is it when my children asked about Myung So?”

“Please unnie.. I am begging you. Please look after my baby. I don’t mind if you are hating me..”

Yeon So closed her eyes. Her heart was shattering into pieces. “No, Tae Hee. I can’t even look at you, not to mention your baby.”

She turned away and walked out of the room. Her visions started to become blurry. It was too painful for her. She slowly walked to nearest bench when she felt the baby kicking. She was six months pregnant and expecting a baby. Her only baby with Myung So, the man he loved the most though he was cheating on her.

“Eomma!” It was Soo Yeon, calling for her.

Yeon So looked up and saw her daughter standing at the corner of the hallway. Her lips curved into a smile.

“Come here.” She patted the empty seat next to her and ushered her daughter to sit there.

Soo Yeon slowly marched to join her mother. “Eomma why are you crying again?”

“Don’t worry about me.” Yeon So pulled her daughter into her embrace. “Did you go and see the baby already?”

Soo Yeon nodded. “Deh eomma!”

***

“Are you coming home for lunch later?” Shin Hye asked her husband while rearranging his tie.

“No but I will try to be home early later.” He pecked on her lips. “I have to go now.”

Shin Hye shifted her attention to the clock hanging on the wall. She took his briefcase in haste and accompanied her husband to the front door.

“See you later.” She said before pecking on his lips.

“Okay. Love you, baby.” Yong Hwa said as he ushered her to go back inside their apartment.

Shin Hye chuckled softly with her husband gestures. She knew how protective Yong Hwa was with her. Ever since he caught the young man next door eyeing on her past few weeks, Yong Hwa forbid her to go out from their apartment without him. Though it was partly a joke but Shin Hye could sense a jealousy along it.

When Yong Hwa was no longer on her sight, she straight away went to their bedroom to tidy up the messy room. The scene before her eyes was nothing unusual to her these days. The pillows were scattered all over the floor. The comforter and bedsheet were tangled together. She bit her lip when suddenly the last night event popped up in her mind.

Shin Hye qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter