Nineteen

Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yong Hwa squinted as he looked around to familiarise the place. He groaned when he remembered the last night events. He quickly pushed away the thick blanket and found the space next to him was empty. The space was no longer warm showing him that Shin Hye must have woke up long before him.

He grunted as he made his way to the bathroom for a quick shower.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Shin Hye was busy preparing a breakfast for his husband. She tried to forget things that happened last night. She put aside her negative thought and kept on assuring herself that because her husband was drunk so he started to talk nonsense.

“It’s okay, unnie. I always wanted to prepare meals for my husband.” She said when the maids insisted they should prepare the meals for the household.

“But if Madam Jung see this, she will definitely not happy with us.”

“Don’t worry. I will explain to her. This is my responsibilities as a wife.”

Shin Hye continued making breakfast for his husband without even looking at the maids. The maids were feeling defeated with her stubbornness. While they occupied with the own tasks, Yong Hwa was already standing behind Shin Hye.

The maids quickly made their way out and leaving the couple alone.

Shin Hye turned around when she smelled the scent of his husband. Though she was nervous to face her husband but she tried to put a smile on her face.

“Did you sleep well?” She asked. “I made breakfast for you.”

“What time is it?”

“Eh?” Shin Hye stuttered.

“It is 10.” He answered his own question while staring intently at his wife. “I am late for my work. Why don’t you wake me earlier?”

Shin Hye tried to calm herself. “You were still in deep sleep.”

“I have a meeting this morning and now I am late. Thanks to you” Yong Hwa said cynically as he walked to the dining room. Shin Hye followed him from behind and brought his breakfast.

“Mianhe.” She said lowly. She then put the plate on the table and invited his husband for breakfast.

“I am going. Just eat them by yourself.” He answered her coldly not even bother looking at the food that she had prepared for him.

Shin Hye tried to hold back her tears and smiled at her husband. “Ne.. Are you coming home for lunch?”

“No! I will ask Soo Jung to send you home later. Don’t wait for me.” Yong Hwa said as they walked to the front door.

“I am going..” He said again without even looking at her.

Shin Hye was waiting for her husband to look at her but Yong Hwa just walked away without any morning kisses for her.

***

Yong Hwa took a glance of his wife standing near the couch. Shin Hye smiled at her husband and slowly approaching him.

She was about to took his briefcase but Yong Hwa pushed her hands away.

“Have you eaten?” Shin Hye turned away from her husband acting as if she did not get affected by his cold gesture. She was making her way to the kitchen and said, “I made your favourite fried rice. I will prepare it quickly.”

“Don’t bother. I am full already.”

Yong Hwa left her standing alone in the kitchen. Her vision started to become

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter