The Date (Pt.1)

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever had one of those awkward moments when you were stuck in the middle of tension that you didn’t understand even existed? Kyungsoo has. Heck, he's current;y in that moment now.

 

Kai was staring at the blonde male, judging and analyzing him from head to toe. The blonde male looked uncomfortably under Kai’s gaze and decided to break to awkward moment.

 

“Hey, I’m Kris,” The blonde said while holding out his hand. “And you are Soo’s boyfriend, right?"

 

“Kai.” The tan male said while shaking the hand firmly. “Who’s this?” Kai turned his gaze to the boy next to Kris.

 

“This is my boyfriend Zitao.” Kris introduced.

 

“Tao is fine.” The male said softly, shocking Kai by how soft he seemed dispite his appearance.

 

“And I’m sure Tao knows Kyungsoo already.” Kai smiled while wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist.

 

“Kris has told me about him before.” Tao said as he watched Kris from the corner of his eyes. The blonde had his eyes focused on the arm that was wrapped around the wide-eyed boy who was looking between Kris, Tao and Kai.

 

“Hey,” Kyungsoo cleared his throat. “How about we go do something? Movies? Shopping?”

 

“Shopping!” Tao shouted while grabbing Kris’s arm. “Gege, lets go look around with them.”

 

Kris, unaware of the succesful distraction, was about to complain that they went shopping last week but he couldn’t help but give into those dark eyes that stared at him with such excitement. He released a sigh then smiled. “Alright babe, let’s go look around. You guys okay with that?”

 

“Of course!” Kai smiled. “My baby Soo and I were going to go shopping anyway, right Soo?”

 

“We were-? Ow! Yeah we were, I almost forgot, haha.” He rubbed his injured side while fake smiling at Kai.

 

“Great! Let’s go!” Tao cheered as he started walking ahead with Kris.

 

As soon as the two were out of ear range, Kai and Kyungsoo started whispering furiously while walking behind the couple.

 

“What was that Kai?!” Kyungsoo hissed.

 

“What do you mean that?”

 

“That stare down you did with him!”

 

“Well, why were you letting him call you Soo and act all friendly to you like he’s been your best friend!” Kai hissed back at him.

 

“He’s trying to be friends with me, isnt he?!”

 

“How do you go from ‘oooh, Jonginnie, I want you to help me show off in front of Kris’ to smooching face with the enemy!”

 

Kyungsoo gasped. “I am not smooching face with him. We barely even talked since we got here!"

 

“Um.” The two stopped their arguing and looked up at the other couple. “Are you two okay back there?” Kris asked.

 

“Peachy.” They said in unison with a smile.

 

The couple gave the two an unsure look but turned back around to walking.

 

“You so were and still are.” Kai continued on.

 

“Are you jealous or something?” Kyungsoo questioned.

 

“Jealous?” Kai said in disbelief. “Jealous?! Me? Kai? Jealous? Of Kris? No way!”

 

“Then what’s your problem?!” Kyungsoo threw his hands in the air.

 

“You’re my boyfriend!” Kai blurted out, heart racing in panic as soon as the words left his mouth. He felt his face heat up under Kyungsoo’s dumbfounded expression. “I mean if you’re my boyfriend for this date then you can’t be close with Kris, it’s not realistic.”

 

Kyungsoo blinked at the boy speechless, tongue twisted on what to say. “I.. We.. You... You’re right. Okay, I’ll keep a friendly distance from him.”

 

“This store guys!” They heard Tao say. They looked up and saw that the other couple was walking inside the clothes store. They followed inside and saw that Tao was already grabbing at clothes excitedly.

 

“Gege, does this look pretty?” He asked Kris while holding up a shirt to his chest.

 

“It’ll look great on you.” Kris smiled at him fondly. “Anything does.”

 

Tao blushed as he grabbed the clothes. “I’m going to go try these on then!” He called as he paced towards the dressing room.

 

Kyungsoo watched how lovingly Kris stared at the retreating boy.  ‘More lovingly than when he was with me.’ He thought.

 

"Go try in these!" Kai shoved some clothes into Kyungsoo's hands and pushed him towards the dressing room while startling the other.

 

"What are you doing?!" He hissed at the younger boy, confused by his actions.

 

"You go in there and let me talk to Kris and see what he thinks of things so far." Kai explained to the older. "Maybe you can go in there and talk to Tao, tell him anything you want to get off your chest."

 

"As in?" Kyungsoo asked warily.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter