Bonus Chapter: Christmas Gift

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey," Kai gently shook the body. "Wake up."

 



"It's not Christmas yet. Go away. "

 



"But christmas is two weeks away! Aw, please," Kai's pout went unseen. "C'mon."

 



"Go bother someone else."

 



"Please~. Baby~."

 



"Kai!"

 



"Yah!" Kai jumped, pulling the little girl from under her covers to tickle her. "What did I say about calling me that! You're supposed to call me Daddy!"

 



The little girl squirmed, trying to get out of the playful punishment her father bestowed upon her. "Uncle Sehun told me to say it!" She squealed out before laughing out more.

 



"I knew it," Kai tsked, picking up his six year old daughter into his arms and holding her in the air. "You are not aloud to follow anymore of Uncle Sehun’s suggestions."

 



"But uncle Han said it was fine too." The little girl said, swaying her dangling legs.

 



Kai sighed, lowering the girl down to hold her against his hip. "I'm going to stop allowing them to babysit you two. You guys 'learn' too much from them."

 



"What about us?" From across the room, a little boy sat up in his bed, Pororo plushie in his arms as he sleepily rubbed his eyes.

 



"Go back to sleep, Inseok. We weren't talking to you." The little girl sassed.

 



Inseok opened his eyes to glare at the girl as he kicked off his covers to hop out of his bed with his plushie mumbling to himself.

 

“Be nice to your brother, Soohee.” Kai laughed at his children’s bickering.

 

“What did you want me to do?” She asked, ignoring her father’s words.

 

“I need you to do some spy work for me.” Kai said, sitting his daughter down on her bed.

 

“On Appa?”

 

“Mhm.” Kai nodded, proud at how smart his daughter was to have guessed.

 

“You forgot to get him a present, again?”

Kai’s face fell, face turning to a pout. “I didn’t forget. I just don’t know what to get him.”

 

It’s been nearly seven years that Kai and Kyungsoo have been together and after spoiling him so much through  the years with presents, he now found that he was out of ideas of what to get.

 

“Hm...” Soohee pouted her lips as she swung her legs in thought. She jumped from her bed, patting her father’s leg. “Don’t worry Kai, I’ll find out what Umma wants for you!”

 

She ran off before Kai could say anything.

 

“It’s ‘Daddy’!” He yelled at her retreating back.



 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



 

“Good morning, Inseok.” Kyungsoo smiled at the little boy who sleepily walked into the kitchen with his plushie. The boy held his arms up, a signal Kyungsoo got use to. He picked the boy up, setting him on the island counter as he moved to get things to make breakfast for them.

 

“Can we have waffles?” The little boy asked, resting his chin on Pororo’s head as he hugged the stuff body close to him.

 

“Didn’t we have waffles yesterday?” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at the boy.

 

“Oh, right.” The boy looked down before perking up with a new idea. “Can we have chocolate chip waffles?”

 

Kyungsoo laughed out, kissing his son on top of his head. “Okay fine, we can.”

 

“Appa~!”

 

Kyungsoo turned his head to see Soohee skipping into the kitchen.

 

“Good morning, Soohee.” Kyungsoo bent down to kiss his daughter's forehead.

 

“Appa, what do you want for Christmas?” She asked, rocking on the heels of her feet.

 

“What do I want for Christmas?” He asked. “Are you buying me something for Christmas?”

 

“Mhm.” She nodded eagerly.

 

“But how are you going to buy it?”

 

“Um... I’ll use the money in the box!” She chirped.

 

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Money in the box...? You mean the Monopoly money?”

 

“That money isn’t real.” Inseok deadpanned at his sister, earning a stuck out tongue in response.

 

“Just tell me~.” She bounced, trying to coax an answer out of her Appa.

 

Before Kyungsoo could ask why, Inseok pulled his sleeve to get him to bend near him. Soohee watched as her brother whispered words to Kyungsoo and he pulled back laughing. She didn’t notice the glint in her umma’s eyes as he crouched down to look his daughter in the eyes.

 

“You wanna know what I want for Christmas this year?”

 

Soohee nodded. She was excited to give the information back to her daddy and make him feel proud of her accomplishment. Maybe Santa will even give her an extra present for her good task.

 

“For Christmas I want...”


 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



 

Sehun laughed out, falling onto the floor as he clutched his stomach.

 

“Shut up, this is serious.” Kai glared at his friend, sulking at his situation.

 

“But he said he wanted a peacock! He’s messing with you, bro!” Sehun continued to laugh. Near him, Chanyeol watched with an amused smile. The three were sitting at Chanyeol’s house after Kai demanded an ‘emergency’ meeting.

 

“You think I don’t know that,” Kai hissed, throwing a pillow at the boy on the floor.

 

“Yah!” Baekhyun yelled, coming back into the room with some drinks for the three. “Fix my couch pillows back, Kai!”

 

Kai grumbled, moving to go get the pillow only to stop as it came in contact with his face.

 

“Why don’t you just propose to him already?” Chanyeol reasoned.

 

They watched as Kai froze, the red slowly coming forth in his face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter