Midnight Thoughts, Morning Actions

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dark night sky stretched over the sky as an illuminated orb rested high in the middle of the it. The wind gently blew through the area. The languid breeze softly walking through still branches, causing them to sway along in the night. The street lights were on, occasional chatter of passing people from outside could be heard but inside Kyungsoo's room the sound was different.

 

Silence.

 

That's what filled Kyungsoo's ears as he stares up at the dark ceiling, back leaning against the bed. The silence was broken by a light sound.

 

A grumble.

 

On top of Kyungsoo, Kai was shifted around in his sleep as the younger boy nuzzles into Kyungsoo's chest, arms wrapped around the shorter as to ensure he wouldn't leave him or move.


 

~*•Flashback•*~


 

It had been ten minutes since Kai hand entered into his home in tears and it has also been ten minutes of Kyungsoo hugging Kai while standing in the middle of the entrance way.

 

"Jongin," he called softly to the boy who had calmed down from his tears and was now taking this moment to bask in the warmth that was Do Kyungsoo.

 

"Hm," Kai hummed in response.

 

"We should get some rest. Do you want to sleep?"

 

Kai nodded against his shoulder.

 

'Cute.' Kyungsoo couldn't help bit think that.

 

"Alright you go lay in my bed, alright?"

 

With another nod, Kai obediently walked toward Kyungsoo's bedroom only to stop in his tracks halfway.

 

"Where are you going to sleep then?" He turned around to ask the older male.

 

"On the couch I guess." Kyungsoo answered nonchalantly.

 

Kai's face scrunched up in disapproval. Before Kyungsoo could  react, Kai had swept him up into his arms and carried him towards his bedroom.

 

"Y-Yah! Jongin! Put me down!" Kyungsoo squirmed in the hold, face burning, until he was gently tossed on his bed. "Don't put me down in here!"

 

He tried to move but soon another body weight fell on top of his, arms wrapped around his waist, and a head placed on his chest, right over his heart.

 

"I wanna sleep like this tonight." Kai said softly, eyes lulling close as he listened to the heartbeats of the older.


 

~*•-•*~


 

And who was Kyungsoo to protest and move the younger? If there was a word to describe the how Kyungsoo felt at this moment, it would be one thing.

 

Warm.

 

Its how Kyungsoo initially felt with Kai laying against him. Warm was how he always felt around When he was around Kai. Warm, fluttery, his heart knocking against his chest but he ignored. He had to push such thinking aside as he instead busied his mind thinking.

 

On one side of his mind he had the past issue of Jonghyun's memory lost due to a awful car accident.


 

~*•Flashback•*~


 

Key leaned back in the chair, inhaling deeply. "About Jonghyun. Look I know you were probably shocked and hurt that he didn't know you and you're wondering why..."

 

Key paused before continuing on. "Years ago, after what you did at the restaurant, Jonghyun got into an accident. He wasn't paying attention  and he wasn't thinking clear and... He got hit by a car and lost his memories of being with you..."

 

Kyungsoo sat in silence. The spoken words sunk into his mind as he scrambled to find an answer, a response, even a question to address this all.

 

"He got hit by a car..." Kyungsoo repeated slowly. "And lost his memories of me?"

 

Key nodded slowly as he let out a sigh. "As bs as it sounds, its the truth."

 

"Is that so..." Kyungsoo pushed back his chair as he stood up. "Well if that's all then-"

 

"Kyungsoo, wait!" Key stood up quickly, reaching across the table to grab his wrist to prevent him from leaving.

 

"Yes?" Kyungsoo replied calmly. He just wanted to leave now and not continue this topic. Jonghyun forgot him, the whole year of their relationship while Kyungsoo remembers every detail of it. How fair is that? Why is he the only one that remembers both the love and pain of their past relationship. He just wanted to go home and clear his mind away.

 

"I want to personally say this myself," Key looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't know he was dating you when I agreed to be back with him. When all of that went down I felt like such a homewrecker...

 

But I want to say sorry for not doing anything about it. I conti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter