First Heartbreak (Kyungsoo's Story Pt.2)

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry to make it unclear last chapter but yes the Jonghyun mentioned is Shinee's Jonghyun. Enjoy the read!

 

5 years ago

 

Its been a year now since Kyungsoo began to date Jonghyun. Over the year he felt himself falling deeper in love with every smile, kiss, whispers of sweet nothings, and moments of passion he shared with the other.


 

Things were going smoothly for the two until it came around time for the two to celebrate their one year anniversary.

 

Their anniversary was in two weeks and Kyungsoo had been planning things for the past few weeks; his mind was set on making the night memorable and special for the two. He saved up his money and reserved a booth at a fancy restaurant the two always wanted to go to and he booked a hotel room for the night for them to share. Since their anniversary night would have fallen on a Friday, he figured that they could spend all weekend with each other at the hotel. Just the thought alone had Kyungsoo rolling in his bed sqirming and squealing like a teenage girl.

 

He stared up at the ceiling with a wide smile as he imagined how the night would go.

 

‘First we’ll enjoy a nice dinner at a candle lit table with soft music playing in the background. I’ll sing him a song as he stares at me warmly. We’ll look into each other’s eyes as we exchange loving gazes at each other before we head to the hotel room. As we get in the room there will be a flower petal trail leading to the bed. We’ll have the room candle lit of course too. And then we’ll whispers ‘I love you’s as we-”

 

He squealed again as he blushed from the thought. It wouldn’t be their first time doing that, but this time would be just as special and magical as the first time.

 

With one final stare at the ceiling with a lovestruck smile, Kyungsoo turn around and closed his eyes as to wake up and see his boyfriend at school in the morning.


 

°~*°~*°~*°~*°~*



 

The morning definitely started off weird for Kyungsoo.

 

Over the course of their relationships, Jonghyun had always picked him up in front of his house so that he would drive the two to school. But today, Jonghyun wasn’t there.

 

‘That’s weird.’ He thought with a small frown of confusion. ‘And he didn’t text me to say he wasn’t coming...’

 

Kyungsoo shrugged as he placed the two packed lunches- one he made for him and Jonghyun as he did everyday- into his backpack. He didn’t mind that much, the school was in walking distance; he just wished that Jonghyun would have gave him a fair warning.

 

‘Maybe something came up.’ He thought to himself as he waked out of his house.


 

And something did come up apparently.

 

By time he got to school, it was the exact moment that he saw Jonghyun’s car pull up into the school. With a bright smile, he turned and started walking towards the car.

 

“Jongh-” He began to shout but stopped as he saw a blonde hair boy come from the passenger side. He was staring at Jonghyun with a smile. Staring at him the way he stares at Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun looked from the blonde and saw Kyungsoo nearby them. He smiled at his boyfriend, but Kyungsoo felt like it was more of a nervous smile as his eyes bounced between the blonde and Kyungsoo. Finally he turned his attention to Kyungsoo. “Hey Kyungsoo.” Jonghyun greeted him with a small smile.

 

‘Strange...’ Kyungsoo frowned internally. ‘He usually calls me Soo...’

 

Kyungsoo shook the thoughts off and smiled at his boyfriend. “Hey Jongg. Are we still on for after school?”

 

The two had planned on having a date at a cafe near Kyungsoo’s place after school last week.

 

“No, sorry.” Jonghyun smiled apologetically. “I have plans after school today.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t notice how Jonghyun gave a look at the boy next to him while he said that.

 

“Oh,” Kyungsoo pouted in disappointment. ‘Oh well, this will give me more time to practice.’ “Okay. Wait! Here!”

 

Kyungsoo reached into his bang and handed Jonghyun the lunch which the latter took hesitantly.

 

“A-Ah... Thanks Kyungsoo.” He smiled widely at the owl-eyed boy. THe blonde next to him raised a brow at Jonghyun which Kyungsoo caught. “Well we have to get to class. Bye, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo watched as Jonghyun disappeared with the boy. He saw him explain something to the blonde who turned around and gave Kyungsoo a quick look before nodding to whatever Jonghyun was saying.

 

The interaction was strange indeed and there was something Kyungsoo knew for sure.

 

Something was wrong and he didn’t like not knowing what it was.


 

°~*°~*°~*°~*°~*



 

“I always love hearing you sing, Soo.”

 

Kyungsoo turned and smiled at Jonghyun. There were only a few people that Kyungsoo had ever sung for and Jonghyun as one of them. The two were in the school’s music room during lunch- Jonghyun sitting there relaxingly as Kyungsoo would sing songs to him. The days have past by since he strange encounter had happened. Even though Jonghyun had brushed it off and things went back to normal, Kyungsoo still felt a bit uneasy about it.

 

‘Trust him.’ Kyungsoo always told himself. ‘Believe in him.’

 

“Really now?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Mhm,” Jonghyun smiled at Kyungsoo but he felt like something was lacking in that smile these days. “I love your voice... And I love you.”

 

A wide smile crossed Kyungsoo’s face as his heart fluttered at the words. “Are you still going to meet me on Friday?” Kyungsoo asked. It was Wednesday now and he was feeling the nervousness in his preparations.

 

“Huh? Yeah.”

 

“Good! I’ll text you friday the-”

 

Kyungsoo stopped as Jonghyun looked at his phone and stood up abruptly. “Sorry Soo, I have to go somewhere!”

 

Before Kyungsoo could protest, Jonghyun quickly pecked him on the lips before disappearing off in the hallways.

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he watched the disappearing figure down the hallway.

 

‘Believe in him. Trust him.’

 

“He dipped on you again?” Kyungsoo looked up and saw Luhan and Sehun enter the room. “It’s alright. We’ll listen to you sing instead. Right, Hunnie?”

 

Sehun nodded. “It’s fun listening to Soo sing.”

 

“But I’m better of course.” Luhan flipped his imaginary hair, causing Kyungsoo to laugh and get out of his previously sad mood. “What are you waiting for? Sing!”

 

Kyungsoo laughed. “Should I sing to you what I’m planning on singing to Jonghyun?”

 

“Duh. What else would I wanna hear?” Luhan said with a eye-roll roll of his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo got up and closed the door his friends left open. He didn’t like singing where so many people could hear him. He went his backpack and pulled out a CD which he walked over and put into the music room’s CD player.

 

“I had to change a few words of course.” Kyungsoo said. He took a deep breath as he pressed play and began to sing a bit.


 

“I don't know what it is that you've done to me...

but it's caused me to act in such a crazy way.

Whatever it is that you do when you do what you're doing...

it's a feeling that I want to stay.

 

'Cause my heart starts beating triple time,

with thoughts of loving you on my mind.

I can't figure out just what to do,

when the cause and cure is you.

 

I get so weak in the knees I can hardly speak.

I lose all control and something takes over me.

In a daze, your love's so amazing, it's not a phase.

I want you to stay with me, by my side.

I swallow my pride, your love is so sweet.

It knocks me right off of my feet.

I can't explain why your loving makes me weak.”


 

“Wow, Soo! That was great!” Luhan clapped. “What song was that?”

 

“Weak by SWV. Its kind of an old song... D-Do you think he would like it?” Kyungsoo asked nervously.

 

“Will he love it?” Luhan scoffed. “He will asked you to record that -”

 

“language.”

 

“-and play it on repeat! Matter of fact, can you come and sing at our anniversary?” Luhan asked while leaning dreamily against his boyfriend’s chest.

 

Sehun chuckled, kissing Luhan on top of the latter’s head. “I’m cool with Soo singing.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter