Request

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weeks past over with the two hanging out with each other all the time. The two were gradually becoming closer than they were with any of their other friends. Kyungsoo found himself slowly unwinding into all that was Kai (or rather that who was Jongin to him). Each smile or laugh he shared with the other, he felt something move inside of him.

 

Even as they grew closer, there were things that Kyungsoo was curious about that he knew the other wasn’t going to share with him just yet.

 

“I’m not saying that I didn’t like the movie,” Kyungsoo listened to Kai say through the phone. It was one of those nights when the two usually called each other if they were too busy lazy to go see each other. “I’m just saying it was a bit... anti-climatic.”

 

“It was so not. It was just a twist in what you expected was going to happen.” Kyungsoo argued back.

 

“I still loved the part where that Hans dude played her.” Kai laughed out from the end. “I didn’t think Disney would do that in a movie.”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Out of the whole movie of Frozen that’s the only part you liked?”

 

Kyungsoo had managed to convinced Kai in watching Frozen with him earlier that day but Kai had to leave after the movie was over. So the two decided to have a discussion about it now.

 

“Well,” Kai paused. “I did like the ‘Let It Go’ song a little bit...”

 

Kyungsoo jumped in excitement. “You did?! Its so good isn’t it?!”

 

He could imagine Kai rolling his eyes. “It was catchy. It was a feminist moment honestly. Actually the movie was more empowerment based now that I think about it. And it was actually more sensible than other Disney movies...”

 

“Stop over analysing the movie. That’s how people ruin the Disney magic.”

 

He heard Kai laugh again through the speakers and he felt the insides of his stomach flutter from the sound. “So what’s up?”

 

“Nothing much...” He trailed off, his fingers playing with whatever was closest to him. His mind was gradually filling with thoughts as he bit his lip in thought.

 

 

“Soo.” Kai said in a stern tone. He started to learn how the boy was when something was troubling his mind he would trail off in thought often. “Tell me what it is.”

 

“It’s nothing.” He sighed. “It’s just...”

 

“Just?”

 

He took a deep breath. “Go out with me tomorrow.”

 

Silence.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I need you... I need you to be my boyfriend.” Kyungsoo said more firmly.

 

There was a momentary silence from the other line that made Kyungsoo bite his lip more in anxiety.

 

“Jong?” He called into the phone.

 

“W-What do you mean... boyfriend?” Kai spluttered out. He hopped Kyungsoo didn't notice him stutter.

 

“Well you see...” Kyungsoo started out.

 

°~*°~*°~*°~*°~*

Earlier that Day...

 

It was a few minutes after Kai that Kyungsoo’s phone started to ring. He scrunched up at the screen at the unnamed caller before deciding to pick up the phone.

 

“Hello?” He spoke cautiously.

 

The voiced chuckled from the other end. The familiarity of it sent shivers up the boy’s spine. “We only broke up a couple of weeks ago and you already forgot about me? I’m hurt, Soo.”

 

The boy frowned. “What do you want Kris?”

 

“Have you gotten sassier since we last met? I like that.”

 

“Yifan.” He warned.

 

“Okay, Okay.” There was a sigh. “Honestly, I don’t know why I called.”

 

 

Something stirred in Kyungsoo as he heard those words. “S-S you just called for no reason?” He mentally slapped himself for stuttering.

 

“I had a reason.” Kris said calmly.

 

“What?”

 

“I missed you.”

 

Kyungsoo felt his cheeks flush, his heart pounded and ached at the same time, but he knew he had to stay calm. ‘Jongin wouldn’t want me to give in this easy’.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter