Clues (Curiosity is Universal)

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"WHAT?!" Luhan screeched, almost choking on hi bubble tea. "YOU MET HIM AND HE DIDN'T KNOW WHO YOU WERE?!"

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head as he sipped on his own drink. He had gathered at a bubble tea shop with Luhan and Baekhyun to tell them the story of what had happened the day before.

 

"Uuh... Who's Jonghyun?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"HIS NAME SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN OUT LOUD IN THE HOLY SHOP OF BUBBLE TEA!"

 

"Luhan, calm down."Kyungsoo smack his friend up the head to make him be quiet.

 

"Sorry, Sooboo" Luhan pouted, rubbing the now throbbing part on his head.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at his friend. "To answer your question, Baek. Jonghyun was my first boyfriend that kind of left me in a bad state when we... broke up."

 

"Ooh," Baekhyun nodded, not wanting to dig for more than what he was being told. "So he didn't know who you were? Was it for real or did he just pretend?"

 

"Well..." Kyungsoo thought back to the previous day.

 

~*•Flashback•*~

 

"Kai I don't think we should be here when he wakes up." Kyungsoo heard one voice say.

 

"Well its not like I could just have you guys leave and pretend like he was delusional in seeing you guys." Another voice, Kai's, said.

 

"I think I should talk to him-"a third voice said only to be cut off.

 

"NO!" The first voice and Kai yelled at the same time.

 

"Well... Why not?" The third voice, Kyungsoo figured out was Jonghyun , asked.

 

"Because Jjong! He already passed out because of you. Why would we let you knock him out again by talking to him!" Key hissed at the said male.

 

Jonghyun huffed. "Well excuse me for trying to be friendly to Jongin's boy toy."

 

"HE'S NOT MY BOY TOY!" Kai yelled immediately, quick enough to make Jonghyun burst out laughing.

 

"Jongin..." Kyungsoo crooked out, opening his eyes only to be assualted by the light piercing in front of his vision.

 

"Kyungsoo!" Kai leaned into his vision, his head gratefully blocking the intense light. "Are you okay? What is it?"

 

"You're too loud." Kyungsoo groaned.

 

"Oh... sorry." Kai gave him a small smile.

 

Kyungsoo pushed himself to sit up, being pestered by a worried Kai as he moved into a sitting position.

 

"What time is it?" Kyungsoo asked as he adjusted his vision to the room. His eyes looked around the room-- from the darkness he saw outside a window to Jonghyun and Key standing in a part of the room not to far from where Kai was.

 

"Eight-ish I think. Its getting late." Kai responded, cautiously looking at Kyungsoo who was staring at Jonghyun and Key.

 

"I see..."

 

"So Key and Jonghyun were about to go back to their home," Kai emphasized, trying to tell the two to hurry up and leave.

 

Key who got the point nodded and tugged on Jonghyun's arm. "Yeah we should get back. Its already eight and its gonna take us forever to unpack if we get there too late. Well it was um... nice meeting you Kyungsoo," Key flashed him an unsure smile. "We'll stop by sometime later again to visit."

 

Kyungsoo almost scoffed at the words. Did they forget what happened between them? Or are they pretending not to remember?

 

Kyungsoo was on a mission to move on but the situation now was irritating his nerves.

 

He looked up to flash the group a small smile and formal bid farewell to them but his words got caught in his throat when he locked eyes with Jonghyun. The other male was staring at him intently as if he was trying to click something together.

 

"Jjong..." Key tugged the said male's arm, breaking him out of his trance.

 

"Hm?" Jonghyun hummed in response. "Oh yeah, we're leaving. Right. Bye... Kyungsoo."

 

With one final glance at the wide-eyed boy, Jonghyun and Key turned to leave out of the door.

 

"I'll be right back Kyunggie. Let me walk them out." Kai moved over to Kyungsoo to plant a kiss on his forehead. "Wait here."

 

And with that Kyungsoo watched the room door close leaving him with a burning forehead and cheeks and a confused and heavy mind and heart.

 

~*•-•*~

 

"So do you think he forgot or was pretending to?" Baekhyun asked, his drink was almost gone now.

 

"I don't  know," Kyungsoo sighed. "By how his face looked it seemed as if he genuinely trying to remember."

 

Luhan snorted. "Bet you ten bucks some drama bull probably happened and he got hit by a car or something and lost his memories or you."

 

Kyungsoo let out an amused laugh. "Deal. I say he slipped on something or repressed memories."

 

Baekhyun shook his head but a small smile still grazed his face. "You guys are something else. Weirdos."

 

"You'll be just like us in no time Baekkie!" Luhan exclaimed. "Soon you'll be curled on Kyungsoo's couch with us watching us watching Disney movies and singing songs word for word."

 

Baekhyun laughed. "I doubt it."

 

"Never doubt your destiny~." Luhan sing-sunged.

 

"Anyway," Baekhyun rolled his eyes playfully. "What about this 'he' business? Did you figure out who 'he' is?"

 

"Yeah! Its like past mystery shifted from you to Kai now." Luhan stated. "I know you asked him something or got some type of info."

 

"Well..." Kyungsoo started again. "I didn't ask him anything but I did find something."

 

~*•Flashback•*~

 

 

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh as he stared at the door Kai just walked out of.

 

"Why does he keep kissing me like that..." Kyungsoo muttered as he still felt his face burning. "I hope I'm not still blushing."

 

Kyungsoo searched for his phone to check his reflection, spotting it on the nightstand next to the bed. He reached for the phone only to make it fall onto the floor and bounce under the bed.

 

"Dang it!" Kyungsoo groaned as he moved off of the bed to crouch down on his knees and search for his phone under the bed. "Where is it...?"

 

He blindly glided his hand on the floor under the bed trying to feel for phone. "Got it!" His hands finally clasped onto the phone but as he was about to move back, his hand hit what felt like a box.

 

"What's this?" Now curious, Kyungsoo moved under the bed, the upper half under the bed while the bed blankets draped over his waist and blocked outside light. He his phone screen to use it as a flashlight. The light hit the object revealing a box just as Kyungsoo thought.

 

"They say curiosity kills... let me prepare my funeral." Prompting himself up on his elbows, Kyungsoo used his free hand to remove the lid off of the box. The box was filled with pictures, a few papers and trinkets here and there. Kyungsoo moved the phone light to get a better look at the object inside.

 

The first  picture on top was a picture of Kai smiling and V-posing with and auburn haired boy, both looking happily into the camera. He moved the picture to another one and this time it was a shot someone must have took of the two secretly. Kai and the boy where holding hands sitting on the grass looking at what seemed to be fireworks. Kyungsoo looked at one final picture and he felt a throb in his chest. In this picture it looked as if Kai was holding the camera in this shot as his other has held the auburn haired boy's chin as they shared a sweet kiss.

 

'Just who are you?' Kyungsoo's mind wondered.

 

He moved to grab one of the papers which turned out to be notes.

 

/psssst/

/haha what?/

/I'm bored >.< this lecture /

/and what can I do to entertain you?/

/tell me i'm pretty *flicks hair*/

/Taemin-ah, you're pretty... Not :P/

/How dare you! D: So you love the non-pretty?!/

/No, I love the beautiful. Pretty has nothing on him when's he beautiful/

/....shut up smooth talker... I'm handsome/

/haha you're anything you want to be, including being mine/

/you're cheesy/

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter