Epilogue

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a few months since the two of them have been dating and if Kai would say anything about it, they have been the best few months that he has experienced in his life. Each day Kai found himself falling more for the shorter male and as much as the breath-taking kisses, warm hugs, and heart-tugging smiles that Kyungsoo gives him, he knows the other feels the same.

 

The only problem is that the other male has never said that.

 

“I love you.”

 

It dawned on Kai as he watched his cousin and his cousin’s boyfriend in front of him that Kyungsoo never said the words back.

 

“I love you to Jjong,” Key said as he moved in towards his boyfriend to capture his lips in a sweet kiss.

 

And what was Kai’s boyfriend doing during this moment?

 

Smiling sweetly next to them before he playfully smacked Key’s arm to get his attention.

 

 

 

“Hey you two!” Kyungsoo laughed. “We are in public! There are kids watching you two!”

 

“Let them!” Key stuck his tongue out in the direction of a group of young boys who were peering at them. “Go put on a better show and show your boy some love back there.”

 

The four of them were walking through the mall together upon Kyungsoo’s request to go holiday shopping. It was a week left of November and Kyungsoo thought it would be smarter to get Christmas decorations while they would still be at a lower price.

 

Kyungsoo, Key and Jonghyun have gotten closer three weeks into Kai and his relationship. Kai got them all to come together and official come into terms of the past being the past. Well, it was easy for jonghyun to forget about the past.

 

Kai laughed to himself at his own joke.

 

“What are you laughing about?” Kai felt a nudge in his side. Looking down, he saw Kyungsoo next to him smiling up at him. “You look creepy laughing to yourself.”

 

“I was just thinking of something.” Kai reached over and linked the hands together, fingers intertwining as they walked through the mall. “Were you still staying over tonight?”

 

“Mhm,” Kyungsoo lightly swung their arms. “I have to get all of your place decorated and that is going to take all the time that I can get since your home is way larger than mine.”

 

“You don’t have to decorate it.” He pulled them inside of a store that Key and Jonghyun turned into.

 

“Of course I have to. Taemin is coming over for the holidays and you are not going to have your home looking all plain and un-festive with visitors inside. White lights or multi colored?” Kyungsoo pointed to the box of lights on sale in front of them.

 

Kai sighed, having no choice but to let his boyfriend decorate his place. “White lights I guess? No, multi... just get them both.”

 

Kyungsoo broke their hands apart as he left to go get a basket, the warmth from Kai’s hand disappearing with him. Kai watched the male comeback with a pushing basket.

 

“You know what would make decorating and the cost of everything easier?” Kai leaned against the shelf as he watched Kyungsoo compare two brands of lights.

 

“What?”

 

“If you moved in with me.”

 

Kyungsoo froze, slowly looking up at Kai with wide eyes. “E-Excuse me?”

 

“Move in with me.” Kai repeated, eyes locking with the other’s.

 

“I, we, are... are you sure?” Kyungsoo stuttered over his words. “I won’t be a burden to live with, will I?”

 

“Of course not baby,” Kai loved watching how the other blushed when he called him that. “I want you to be with me. My house feels so much colder whenever you leave.”

 

Kyungsoo ducked away, hiding his face that was only getting redder the more Kai talked. “Fine, fine. I’ll... move in.”

 

Kai’s face lit up, quickly moving over to give his boyfriend a swift kiss. Even simple kisses like this still made them both feel fluttering within.

 

“Let’s move you in as soon as possible.”



 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



 

Sadly for Kai, as fast as possible was two weeks after the suggested proposal. Kai groaned and threw a tantrum about how long it was taking, he wanted his boyfriend with him now. But with a smack upside the head, Kyungsoo told his boyfriend to be patient. With one week down and one more to go,  Kyungsoo was now feel nervous at a new event.

 

Taemin’s arrival.

 

Kyungsoo asked Kai a lot of story on how Taemin was, he even talked to the male a few times over the phone but Kyungsoo was nervous about meeting the male face to face. They were waiting in the airport, the noise of the bustling people fell mute upon Kyungsoo’s ears as he occupied himself in his own thoughts.

 

“Relax Soo,” Warm arms pulled him against a warm chest from behind. “He’ll love you and you’ll love him.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “Like you did?”

 

Kyungsoo turned his head to see how his boyfriend was scowling at him. “No. And I hope not. You’re suppose to only love me.” Kai paused, locking eyes with his lover. “You do love me, right?”

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t find the words to speak as he stared into his boyfriend eyes. He could see the unease, the uncertainty that was craving to be confirm.

 

“I-”

 

“Jongin?”

 

The two broke off their gaze as they looked over to the source of the voice.

 

Taemin was no longer the small teenager with auburn hair that Kyungsoo was use to seeing in the pictures. This Taemin was grown up with blonde hair, hair falling in front of his brown eyes and against his white skin. The pink lips curved into a wide smile that revealed his white teeth.

 

This Taemin was gorgeous and it stirred a bit of unease in Kyungsoo.

 

“Taemin?” Kai laughed in disbelief. The male he hasn’t seen in years. He moved back from Kyungsoo, taking a step aside as he looked at the blonde male.

 

“Jongin!” Taemin exclaimed as he dropped his luggage to run and hug Jongin. The latter almost fell back at the sudden impact, but he smiled nevertheless.

 

“You’re blonde!”

 

“You’re tanner!”

 

Kai glared playfully at the other male before both broke out in a fit of laughter.

 

“It’s good to seem the happy like that isn’t it?” Kyungsoo jumped at the sudden voice besides him. Looking over, he noticed it was the tall dark haired male who was walking with Taemin. “I’m Minho by the way,” Minho set a bag down to hold a hand out. “Taemin’s boyfriend.”

 

“Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo smiled and shook the hand. “Jongin’s boyfriend.”

 

“So I’ve heard.” “Minho mused. “Taemin is practically the biggest fan of your relationship. He fanboys over the pictures that Jongin sends him.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. “Pictures? What pictures? Tell me they aren't embarresing.”

 

Minho cleared his throat, realizing he revealed something he shouldn’t have. “Pictures? Who said anything about- Taemin! Babe! You guys ready to put these bags in the car?”

 

Kyungsoo watched as Minho hurried along grabbing Taemin and his own bags. and was pushing the two towards wherever Kai parked. With a scoff, Kyungsoo jogged to catch up with the other three. “Minho! Wait! You guys!”


 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



 

Taemin and Kai were inseparable Kyungsoo soon found out. The two were like lost twins and they were taking every minute they could to make up for lost time.

 

 

Kyungsoo had no problem with Taemin, the boy was sweet and adorable. Both Minho and Taemin helped out the other day in bringing Kyungsoo's stuff from his apartment since Luhan and Sehun ditched out on him. Taemin even offered to help Kyungsoo cook when he finally takes a break from Kai. It was the small feeling that moved in him when he saw how close Taemin and Kai get.

 

'You're just overthinking things.' Kyungsoo sighed as he leaned against the kitchen sink.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter