Thinking About You (Kai's Past)

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I wrote this chapter listening to this on loop. It inspired / influenced how I was going to write this chapter.

 

Tick Tock.

 

Tick Tock.

 

Tick Tock.

 

The sounds echoes through the quiet room like a metronome. Kai doesn't know how long he's been staring at the ceiling but it doesn't seem like he would be moving from hi position anytime soon.

 

Growl.

 

Maybe a bit sooner.

 

With a sigh he rolled out of bed, languidly getting up on his feet to trudge downstairs to the kitchen.

 

Kyungsoo.

 

The name repeats in his head along with two others- Jonghyun and Taemin.

 

They have been the focus of his thoughts ever since they left his house. Questions swarmed in hi head about Kyungsoo and Jonghyun. 'Should I tell him what happened? Should I let Jonghyun tell him himself? Will Kyungsoo waver back towards Jonghyun?' Kai shook his head. 'He wont. He didn't seem back stricken when he saw the couple, he seemed just genuinely shocked.'

 

Kai sighed.

 

What would he do if Kyungsoo does try to go back? Hypothetically speaking of course. Would he swoop in like male in romance movies and dramas and make Kyungsoo look only at him- to fall in love with just him and only him from now on.

 

Kai scoffed at his own thought. He had his own problems with himself that he needed to sort out. One main problem to be exact.

 

Taemin.

 

Kai remembered the letter that Key gave him. Should he read it? Respond to it? Throw it away? Does he still feel emotions towards Taemin? He has Kyungsoo now though, but...

 

'Taemin.'

 

He closed his eyes as he thought back to those times.

 

Those times with Taemin.


 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


 

Five years ago

 

“J-Jongin!” The boy beneath him giggled out. He was in the middle of being tickled by the male above him.

 

“Yes?” He asked with a playful smirk on his face.

 

“C-Can... you... stop!” He panted out trying to catch his breath. He squirmed in hopes to move himself away from the raging assault but each attempt went in vain.

 

“I can, but what do you need to say?” Jongin smiled evilly.

 

“OH GOD! HAHA! Okay, Okay! You don’t at dancing compared to me!” The boy beneath blurted out. Tears streaming lightly down his eyes from over laughing.

 

Kai stopped his assault as he leaned down to place a chaste kiss on the lips of the boy beneath him. “Now that wasn’t so hard to say now was it Tae?”

 

The said boy rolled his eyes as he pushed his boyfriend’s face away from him. “Whatever Jongin, you still at dancing.”

 

“What did you say?” Jongin glared playfully at the smiling boy. Before Jongin could attack him again the boy boy got up and sprinted away from him and out the door. “Get back here!” Jongin yelled after the laughing boy as he followed him down the hall.

 

The two ran down the one of many empty corridors that belonged to the mansion that Jongin and his family lived in. His father was a wealthy businessman of many hotels while his mother was a loving housewife. Jongin had came out with his relationship with Taemin last year and his parents still accepted him with loving arms. He lived his life full of happiness, wealth, and love and he couldn’t wish for more.

 

Jongin crept through the halls, looking left and right for where his boyfriend had hidden himself. He pushed the door open to the library quietly. He smiled to himself when he saw auburn hair pointing out from the corner of the bookcase. Creeping up quietly he wrapped his arms around the boy, startling the boy in surprise.

 

“Found you.” Jongin whispered in his ear, smiling even wider as he felt how the boy shivered in his hold.

 

Taemin turned around, wrapping his arms around Jongin’s neck. “Now what are you going to do?” He asked with a seductive grin.

 

“This,” Jongin growled out as he pushed the boy against the bookcase, capturing his lips into a rough but passionate kiss. Jongin pushed his hand under the boy’s shirt, loving how he gasped out when he felt the contact. He was about to slide it further up when they heard a throat clear.

 

“Master Jongin,” A voice called from behind them. The two jumped apart as the butler chuckled at their red faces. “Your mother wanted me to inform you that it’s time for lunch.”

 

The butler turned and walked away, leaving the two smiling to themselves. Jongin reached out and grabbed the other’s hand. “Let’s go eat. We could always continue this later,” He added the last part with a suggestive wink.

 

Taemin laughed and shook his head. “You’re something else.”

 

Jongin placed a small kiss on his cheek. “But you love me.”

 

Taemin smiled at him softly. “I do.”


 

•*•*•


 

“Your birthday is coming up soon, Taemin.” Jongin’s mother spoke as the three ate their lunch together. Mr. Kim was gone away at work while the two boys were on summer break.

 

Taemin smiled a bit before nodded. “Yeah but its still a few months away.”

 

“The sooner you plan something, the smoother it will go when the time comes. Is your father doing anything for your birthday?” Mrs.Kim asked warmly.

 

Over the year that they have been dating, even the time before that he knew the boy, it always occurred to Jongin that Taemin never really spoke much on his family and his mother seemed to notice that too. The most that Taemin ever said on his family were that his mother died when he was younger in an accident and that it was just him and his father. Jongin assumed that Taemin and his father didn’t have a strong relationship or something because Taemin always tense up at the mention of his father.

 

Taemin continued to smile but Jongin could tell it was forced. “No Mrs.Kim. Just... Traveling a bit.” He answered. Jongin notice the strain and the flicker of emotions that crossed the boy’s face but he decided not to bring it up in front of his mother- they'd talk later.

 

Jongin's mother notice the other's aura and took it upon herself to change subjects which lasted them through lunch. The two found themselves back up in Jongin's room, mindlessly doing and talking about  random things as they basked in each other's presence.

 

Taemin was lying on his back upon Jongin's bed, an opened box full of pictures and papers next to him as he flipped through the items.

 

"You know what... I thought of a nickname to give to you," Taemin said while looking at the picture of him and Jongin kis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter