Smile

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Light streamed into the room, gently hitting the face of the tan skinned boy that laid in his bed and coaxing him to wake up. His eyes slowly fluttered open before he blinked them a few times as he adjusted to the new light in the room. He felt a weight in his arms and his eyes drifted to the mess of hair that laid next to him.

 

And he felt his heart beat.

 

Kyungsoo was curled against him in his arms, the latter’s body unconsciously sticking with the warmth that if found through the night. Kai stared at the smaller boy in his arms in new found adoration.

 

Yes, he always felt something for the latter, but now he could tell what it was more clearly.

 

He wanted to hug him.

 

Kiss him.

 

Love him in the way the latter longed.

 

But for now he only wanted to do one thing.

 

Make him smile.

 

He didn’t want to see Kyungsoo hurt or cry ever again, and he’d make sure personally that it would never happen. And with that goal in mind, Kai made his first mission: Operation Smile.

 

Kai gently wiped the soft cheek of the other’s face before slowly rolling out the bed not to wake the other just yet. With one final glance, he walked down to the kitchen to start his first attempt in making Kyungsoo smile.

 


°~*°~*°~*°~*°~*

 

 

Kyungsoo scrunched his face as he started to come to his senses. He rolled in the bed trying to find the warmth he had once had but stopped at the empty spot next to him.

 

The familiar smell drifted into his nose making his eyes shoot open immediately as he sat up in the bed.

 

“This is Kai’s room.” He stated dumbly to no one in particular as his eyes scanned the room around him. “And he left already...”

 

Kyungsoo scanned down at his body. “Alright my clothes are still on so we’re good here.” He sighed as he flopped back into the soft blankets that covered the comfortable mattress.

 

The comfortable and springy mattress.

 

Kyungsoo looked around before he stood up on Kai’s bed. He didn’t know why, but he just felt lighter today, as if the boulder laying on his heart was lifted after last night. And to celebrate this new found free feeling, he jumped.

 

 

“Whoo!” Kyungsoo cheered like a little kid as he bounced on the bed.

 

He jumped and jumped, so distracted by the fun he was making. that he didn’t notice the figure leaning against the doorframe smiling at him warmly.

 

“I didn’t think my mattress would make you smile before I got to,” Kai’s voice drifted out, startling Kyungsoo mid-jump and making him flop down abruptly on the bed.

 

“H-How long have you been there?!” Kyungsoo sputtered out, cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

 

“Long enough,” Kai laughed out. “Who said you had permission to jump on my bed?”

 

“I-I-”

 

“I’m kidding Kunggie.” Kai smiled at him. “It was cute.”

 

“C-Cute?” Kyungsoo felt his cheeks flare even more. “I’m not cute!”

 

“Sure,” Kai rolled his eyes, a playful smirk on his face.

 

“You !” Kyungsoo groaned as he reached back to throw a pillow at Kai.

 

Kai easily caught the pillow, his signature smirk still on his face. “Oh, I can alright.”

 

Kyungsoo paled before his cheeks bloomed red once again, “ert!” Kyungsoo yelled as he threw another pillow at the now laughing boy.

 

Kai dodged the pillow as he ran over and scooped Kyungsoo up in a bridal carry.

 

“Yah! Put me down! Jongin!” Kyungsoo flailed in the arms.

 

“No can do, I’m on a mission.” Kai announced before he started spinning the boy in his hold around.

 

“Jonin!” Kyungsoo shouted as he clutched onto Kai, scared that the boy would drop him. “Stop!”

 

To say Kyungsoo meant his words was an obvious lie and the growing smile on his face was proof enough. As laughter started to emit from the wide-eyed boy, Kai felt his heart pulsate watching it.

 

He was cute.

 

He was adorable.

 

 

 

He was beautiful.

 

And he wanted more of him.

 

“Time to go.” Kai stopped spinning the boy and started to walk towards the door.

 

Kyungsoo laughed. “Can you at least put me down? And go where?”

 

“I made breakfast downstairs.” Kai walked slowly down the stairs with the other boy in hold.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter