First Encounter

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun hung high in the clear blue sky as a brunette boy walked down the side-walk humming lightly to himself. A smile played on his face as he grew closer to his destination. The street through the neighborhood was quiet except for the light chirps of birds. With his phone occupied in one hand he swung a bag lightly in the other.

 

He looked at the new message that popped on his screen.

 

'Chanyeol: Were you going to Kai's house today?'

 

At the mention of the name ‘Kai’ his face lit up.

 

'Of course, its our anniversary.' He typed back.

 

'Chanyeol: Anniversary? Its only been like what, a month?'

 

He rolled her eyes before typing. 'Its been three silly. You're our friend and you don't know this?'

 

There was a moment of pause before another response came.

 

'Chanyeol: Yeah I'm your friend Baekkie. So what are you guys doing?'

 

'Its Baekhyun to you sir :P And I'm going to surprise him by making him lunch.'

 

He saw the house of his destination draw close. A large luxurious house lied at the end of the street, the green yard stood vasts and a  long drive way led to the front door.

 

'Chanyeol: Kai doesn't like people surprising him... but save me some food. I was already on my way to his place, too late to change course.'

‘Chanyeol: Plus I want to try your cooking Baekkie :)’

 

Baekhyun shook his head, smiling at his friend's text. 'Whatever, just hurry up and leave after you get your food.'

 

He walked up the long drive way slipping the phone in his back pocket. He pushed the door open which to him was no surprise wasn't locked. His boyfriend was too careless and lazy to do something like lock his door. He walked to the kitchen placing the bag with food onto the countertop.

 

He took out various of ingredients, singing to himself as he washed off the vegetables and placed them on a cutting board.

 

Three months. That’s how long Baekhyun and Kai had been together. According to Kai’s friends that’s the longest time that he had been in a relationship with someone in a long time. It pleased Baekhyun to know that he and Kai lasted this long, and it pleased him to think they could go further than this.

 

There were times when Baekhyun felt like they weren’t going to last. Kai could be intimate at times, but that was mostly physically. Emotionally there was always a distance that Kai kept from the boy that made him wonder what it was, but he feared what might happen if he pried into his boyfriend's mind too much. But even with the distance, their relationship was going just fine and Kai made Baekhyun happy.

 

Baekhyun was in the middle of chopping when he heard a loud thump coming from upstairs.

 

“Don’t tell me he fell out of bed again.” Baekhyun smiled at the thought, Kai tended to sleep wildly sometimes so falling out of his bed was a normal thing.

 

Baekhyun set down the knife and began to walk upstairs towards his boyfriend’s room.

 

“Kai, don’t tell me you fell agai-” His words were cut short as a noise made him stop in his tracks.

 

It wasn’t just a noise but a moan. A female moan.

 

His body shut down as his mind didn’t believe what he heard, but then it came again, another moan from the bedroom.

 

The boy’s feet began to move on its on, quietly and slowly, reaching to stop in front of the closed bedroom door. His palms started to become sweaty as he mentally debated whether he truly wanted to face what was happening on the other side of the door.

 

He gulped.

 

With trembling arms he slowly started to reach for the door knob. His hand just centimeters away when he stopped again.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

The deep voice that appeared near his ear caused the boy to jump and shriek out in surprise.

 

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun turned around and shouted at the smiling giant before him. “Don’t do that!”

 

“Why? Did I ruin your sneak attack on Kai?” He grinned.

 

Baekhyun almost forgot what he was about to do when they heard some shuffling come from behind the door. A messy-haired Kai opened the door in his pajamas.

 

“Why are you two so noisy in the morning?” Kai let out a yawn as he leaned against the doorway.

 

Baekhyun felt relief run through his system at the sight. ‘I was just imagining things.’ He thought

 

“Baek came over to cook for your anniversary.” Chanyeol said the words like it had acid on it, but he smiled and covered it up. Baekhyun didn’t seem to notice, but Kai did.

“Is that so?” Kai looked over to Baekhyun who was giving him a bright smile and nodded.

 

“So get dressed and get down here so we can eat.” Chanyeol began to push open the door. “I’ll even help you-” Chanyeol stopped as he saw the half- girl standing in the middle of the room trying to get dressed.

 

The air seemed to have gotten colder as the girl grabbed her belongings and rushed out the room leaving the three of them there.

 

Baekhyun watched the girl leave wordlessly as he looked back to Kai for some type of answer. But Kai had his head turned away, cold eyes that refused to meet the boy’s gaze.

 

“Three months...” Baekhyun croaked out. “I thought you loved me too...”

 

Kai stared blankly into Baekhyun’s eyes. “I never said that.”

 

The sound of a slap bounced off the walls of the home as the tear-faced brunette ran down the staircase.

 

Kai was slammed against the wall by an angered giant. “What is your problem?!” Chanyeol growled at him.

 

Kai glanced at the giant. “Go after him.”

 

Chanyeol’s ange

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter