First Love (Kyungsoo's Story (Pt.1))

Unbreak My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

six years ago

 

The warm spring breeze gently caressed the skin of many students as they made their way around campus during lunch time. Many kids would either meet up with their friends, hang out in the classroom or find a spot around campus to enjoy their break in piece. Do Kyungsoo was part of the latter group. It’s not that he didn’t have friends, he did really, it’s just that he enjoyed to unwind in peace without his crazy friends. The place where Kyungsoo choose to relax his mind was the library.

 

His friends call him a book worm for all that he would read from the library, but Kyungsoo would just tell them that they didn’t understand the feeling.

 

Walking down the rows of books slowly in the warm, quiet library room. The gentle smell of warm wood that mixed with the smell of the books it held was pleasant to him. Easing his way down the aisle in no rush at all, Kyungsoo walked smoothly with a few books in his hands. His idling slowly came to a halt at a book that caught his eyes. Scanning his eyes over the author and title of the book, Kyungsoo pulled the book out from the shelf to get a better look at what it was about. At the same time, someone from the other side was doing the same action. The empty space from the removed books made two surprised eyes make contact with each other.

 

Normally he would have already walked away, with a slight bow of apologies but for some reason he couldn’t turn his eyes away from the brown orbs that locked into his. It wasn’t until the books in his hand slipped out and crashed on the floor did he finally snap out the trance that held him.

 

‘.’

 

Feeling his heart beating against his chest and a blush creep up on his cheeks, Kyungsoo quickly bent to grab the fallen books and leave from the aisle and out the library. He missed the pair of brown eyes that watched his retreating figure leave out from the library.

 

°~*°~*°~*°~*°~*


 

“What was that?” Kyungsoo groaned to himself as he collapsed on his desk. After he ran out of the library Kyungsoo came straight to his classroom and fell onto his desk.

 

He slowly put his hand up to his chest and felt his heart still rapidly beating. Brown eyes between the bookshelves flashed back into his mind, making his heart beat even faster. “Aish!”

 

“What’s up with you?”

 

Kyungsoo lifted his head to see a brown-haired boy peering at him.

“Hey Luhan.” Kyungsoo greeted, straightening himself up from his previous position.

 

“Hey Soo,” THe deer-like boy greeted him back. “Now what are you over here groaning over?”

 

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo waved off his friends concerned. He didn’t want to tell his friend anything just yet. He had known Luhan since the boy moved over from China back when they were in elementary school and he knew if he told the boy about the encounter, Luhan would not stop until they found the owner of the brown eyes and set his friend up on a date with him.

 

“Hm,” Luhan hummed, unconvinced at his friend. “Fine. For now at least. But don’t think I won’t find out later.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled at his friend. “How come you're here?” He asked Luhan. They still had a good ten minutes until the lunch bell would ring so he found it odd that his friend would be in class so early.

 

“Well,” Luhan pulled a chair out from the desk to sit down in. “I had something to tell you, but you weren’t even in your usual spot so I figured you’d probably either be here or the rooftop. And thank you lord that i choose to check here first because that saved my a trip.”

 

“Isn’t your a lucky one. May the world forbid if you actually have to do any physical exercise.” Kyungsoo laughed as he lightly teased his friend who started to pout at him.

 

“Asswipe,” Luhan cursed his friend which made the latter laugh more. “Anyway! I have exciting news!”

 

“Do tell.” Kyungsoo held his chin in the palm of his hand.

 

“So you remember that guy I told you I ran into last week at the bubble tea place?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “Tall, blonde, and perfect?”

 

“Yes him!” Luhan squealed excitedly. “He goes here!”

 

“Really?” Kyungsoo asked, genuinely surprised for his friend. “What a small world it is. Did you talk to him?”

 

Luhan’s excited expression turned into a sulking pout. “No... I wish. But he disappeared too quick!”

 

“Where did you see him at?”

 

“The cafeteria... Oh yeah! This is for you!” Luhan reached in his bag and dropped an item in front of his friend. He smiled widely as he presented the object. “I thought of you when I got this so I figured, ‘ why not buy it for my baby Soo?’.”

 

Kyungsoo stared blankly at the carton of milk that was on his desk.

 

“Drink up.” Luhan said, trying to hide in his laughter.

 

“Screw you,” Kyungsoo hissed as he grabbed the milk and opened it. “Your is just lucky I’m thirty.”

 

“Love you too, Baby Soo.” Luhan rolled his eyes playfully. “So are we hanging after school? C’mon its a Friday!”

 

Kyungsoo was about to agree when he remembered the stack of books near him. “I would go with you but I have to go to the library after school.”

 

“Weren’t you there at lunch?” Luhan questioned in suspicion.

 

“Yeah but...,” Kyungsoo quickly thought of a lie. “I couldn’t find a book so the librarian told me to swing by after school and she’d help me find it.”

 

Luhan stared at his friend, judging his story’s credibility. Just when he was about to challenge the story, the lunch bell rang and kids began to pile into the room.

 

Luhan grabbed his bag to go move to his assigned seat. “I’ll believe you for now... But remember- I will find out.”

 

Kyungsoo released a breath he didn’t know he was holding in. As his teacher began his lecture, all he could think about were brown eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter