►Seven

Hitch Breaker

Kai’s POV

Since Shin Yeong is a new coordinator, Na Yeong noona always asked three of us to stay a while after practices to let Shin Yeong practiced her makeup skills on our handsome faces. Her speed was quite fast for a new coordinator and I’m very impressed. Almost two weeks had passed and we all grew closer to each other since our ages were not too distant with each other.

“Oppa, close your eyes,” Shin Yeong said and I obeyed. She dabbed a thin layer of foundation using a sponge on my eyelids. Her touch was so soft, I felt my heartbeat accelerated. ‘What are you feeling like this Kim Jong In?’ I thought while trying to maintain a poker face.

Then I felt a wet thin brush aligned at my right eyelid near the lashes. Her thumb was slightly pushing up my eyelid so she could line it well. Then she repeated at my other eyelid.

“Oppa, don’t open your eyes, the eyeliner is still wet,” she said and I nodded. Then I felt a breeze at my eyelids as Shin Yeong was trying to dry the eyeliner. “Okay, you can open it now,” I opened my eyes and saw her staring at me, checking her ‘masterpiece’ and smiled.

“Am I too handsome to you?” I winked at her and she laughed, pushing my shoulder a bit.

“Oppa, your confidence level is wayyyy too high, you know?” and both of us laughed. Then the door cracked opened, revealing the bratty maknae, Sehun.

“Sehun, you’re in time. I’m done with this y ‘thingy’,” she teased me, raising her eyebrow. I smirked at her and said “Well this y ‘thingy’ here is not done with you, yet.”

I started to tickle her waist and Sehun joined me. She was laughing so hard that her breathing started to become unstable and later her voice was inaudible. We stopped tickling her and I high-fived Sehun with a satisfied smile.

“Yah! That’s… not… fair…” she said while catching her breath. I winked, patted her head and walk outside the room, leaving her with Sehun.


Kyungsoo’s POV

----- THREE DAYS LATER-----

 

We arrived in Tokyo this morning. The weather here welcomed us happily, not too hot and not too cold. ‘Just nice,’ I smiled. All SM artists and staffs were divided in pairs for hotel rooms and I was paired with Kai, my favourite dongsaeng.

“Okay, please settle all of your things in your room and meet me here in 30 minutes. We’re going to rehearse for a few hours, got it?” the leader of the SMTOWN Concert said. We all nodded and started to head to our respective rooms.

“Hyung! It’s nice to be your roommate again!” Jongin beamed and skipped excitedly towards me. I nodded and laughed seeing the childish side of him. ‘How did he change from a y dance machine onstage into a cute dongsaeng offstage?’ you thought and smiled.

I slid the keycard in the keycard lock and opened the door. We entered and put our bags on our queen-sized bed. Jongin slammed his body on the bed and closed his eyes while I went to the balcony to see the city view. The city was crowded with people walking by the streets and public transportations.

Since the day Shin Yeong has become our coordinator, I always put on my poker face to her whenever we saw each other at SM Building. She will greet me with a smile but once I activated my poker face, she automatically frowned and looked down. Sometimes I felt guilty to her because it’s not her fault anyway, but I just can’t control it.

“Hyung, what are you thinking about? You didn’t even hear me calling you,” Kai said and stood beside me, eyes looking at the city view.

“Nah, I’m just enjoying the view,” I lied. Jongin turned his body towards me and stared. He knew every time I lied to him but I can’t tell him the truth, not now I supposed. I grew uncomfortable under his stare and fidgeted. Then  I looked at my wristwatch and saw 20 minutes have passed.

“Jongin, let go to the lobby. It’s almost time for our rehearsal,” I said and walked into our room. I grabbed my practice bag and got out from the room, followed by Jongin. When we arrived at the lobby, the others were already there with their bags and water. Then the concert leader checked our attendance to see if there are any members of staffs that went missing.

It only took about 10 minutes for us to arrive at the concert’s location. We went to the backstage and entered our waiting room. When I stepped in the room, I accidently made an eye contact with Shin Yeong and I froze on the spot. Sehun bumped on my back and whined, “Hyung, why did you stop?”

I turned my head slighty, breaking the eye contact and apologized to Sehun. Then he looked forward and saw Shin Yeong. His smile appeared and waved happily, “Shin Yeong-ah!!”

Shin Yeong waved back and continued arranging our makeup and clothes to their places. Sehun skipped towards her and ruffled her hair. She pouted and glared at him, earning a chuckle from Sehun.

Deep inside my heart, I felt a weird feeling but I don’t know what it was. And it’s not a happy feeling, that’s for sure.

 



Sorry for the late update. Please leave a comment :D