⇒Fifteen

Hitch Breaker

Your POV

I almost finished arranging ingredients for each of the Japanese dishes when the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it!” Unnie yelled from upstairs. A heard her running downstairs and the door clicked open.

“Oh, hye guys! Come in!” unnie greeted and they greeted back. They entered my house and gave fruits as a gift. Their conversation can be heard from the kitchen.

“Wah noona, your house is quite big, and cozy too! Are your parents at home?” Chanyeol oppa asked, eyes wandering around. “Thank you! Ani, they are living in London. You know, work,” unnie said. Three of them gaped and nodded.

“Where’s Shin Yeong by the way?” Joonmyeon oppa asked. Without waiting for unnie to answer, I yelled from the kitchen, “Oppa, I’m in the kitchen!” I can hear a tsked from someone, I don’t know who did it but whatever. Then I heard running footsteps with a little vibration felt on the floor. Chanyeol oppa’s head popped out at the kitchen entrance and grinned widely.

“Shin yeong-ah! Annyeong!” he waved happily and I can’t help but chuckled by his behavior. “Annyeong oppa. You do know your way to the kitchen huh?” I said, amused.

“Well urmm.. Actually noona pointed the kitchen’s direction to me. Hehe,” he explained, rubbing his neck. I nodded and finished arranging the ingredients. I walked towards him and looked behind him. “Annyeong!” I greeted and waved at them. Joonmyeon oppa waved and smiled, while Kyungsoo oppa just slightly smile.

“Okay now, who’s ready to burn down the kitchen and prepared to be burnt by me?” I teased Joonmyeon oppa and he glared at me, whining, “Yahhh~!”

“I’m just kidding oppa. Aigoo, our oppa is so sensitive. So, should we start now, unnie? There are many dishes to be made for almost 20 people,” I asked to unnie. Well, there will be 12 EXO members, me and unnie and of course their managers. And not to mention that each of EXO members always eat 3 to 4 servings every time they eat outside.

“Yeah, sure. So Channie will help me while Kyungsoo-ah will help Shin Yeong. Err Joonmyeon-nie… where should we place you?” unnie said and asked Joonmyeon oppa.

“Oppa can help to wash dishes we used for placing the ingredients and set up the table,” I suggested. Joonmyeon oppa let out a groan and whined, “You’re going to make me play with water? With me wearing my favourite Polo shirt? Ahh waee~”

“You’ll be wearing apron for God sake! And stop whining like a baby. You’re a leader,” unnie said and smacked his forearm. Unnie can be aggressive sometimes whenever she’s annoyed, and she is annoyed right now. Oppa pouted and I laughed.

 


Kyungsoo’s POV

So now I’m wearing an apron, a sky blue one while mincing meats. What? You thought I’m going to wear a pink apron? Haha no. Even Shin Yeong wore a purple apron. Now we’re currently preparing Korokke, a breaded and deep-fried patties, containing either mashed potato or white sauce mixed with minced meat, vegetables or seafood. But Shin Yeong said we’ll be using potatoes.

“Oppa, how’s the mincing going?” Shin Yeong asked from behind me, her back facing my back. She’s currently chopping vegetables while waiting for the potatoes to be cooked. “It’s fine. You want it to be like this, right?” I stopped mincing and looked behind. She also stopped chopping and turned around.

“Yup,” she replied and continued chopping. Later, I finished mincing meats and transferred it into a big container. ‘One work is done,’ I thought and put the container at the counter. I turned to Shin Yeong and awkwardly asked, “Anything else?” she looked up and our gazed locked for a while before a shrike broke it.

“Ahhh~ my shirt! It’s wet!” Joonmyeon hyung whined at the sink. I shook my head at my leader’s childish behavior. ‘I wondered who taught him to be such a child. He was never like this before.’ Then I saw Na Yeong noona face palmed and continued her work with Chanyeol hyung.

“Ahh yeah. Can you check the potatoes? I think it’s done,” Shin Yeong said. I nodded and checked it. Afterwards, the making of the dishes went smoothly with me asking Shin Yeong how to do this and what are in it, while Shin Yeong explained to me the steps and ingredients needed.

“Meoww~”

“Sapphire, don’t enter the kitchen,” Shin Yeong said to the Persian cat with blue eyes who’s peeking at the kitchen entrance.

“Yours?” I asked her and crouched near the cat. “Yup. It’s a he,” she replied. I smiled and patted the cat’s head. He sniffed my hand and playfully bit my fingers. I laughed and played with him for a while before he suddenly ran away from the kitchen. I chuckled and washed my hands before resuming my work.

 


2 hours later…

 

We have done deep fried foods such as Korokke, Nanbanzuke, Karaage, Kushikatsu, Tempura and also some grilled and pan-fried dishes such as Motoyaki, Takoyaki, Teriyaki, Unagi, Jingisukan and Yakizakana. Na Yeong noona and Chanyeol cooked dishes mainly of one-pot cooking, sushi and soups.

 “Now for the desserts. You want to do Oshiruko or Taiyaki?” Na Yeong unnie asked Shin Yeong. Okay I’m beyond confused right now. What are those things made off? I fought with myself whether I should ask Shin Yeong about it or just let it slip away? But I’m curious. Well, a question won’t hurt, right?

“Ermm.. Shi Yeong, what are Oshiruko and Taiyaki?” I bravely asked.

Oshiruko is a sweet red bean soup with rice cake while Taiyaki is a fried, fish-shaped cake, usually with a sweet filling such as red bean paste,” she explained and I nodded.

“We’ll be doing Taiyaki unnie,” she said to nonna and went to the corner of the kitchen. Did I tell you? Their kitchen is big! I went to her and saw some waffle batter of fished-shapes over her shoulder. She instructed me to make the batter step by step while she makes the red bean paste.

There are many questions that I want to ask her, but I’m just too shy and awkward with her. We only talked about the foods though. I just let the curious me slipped away and continued making the batter. An hour flew and we were now cooking the last round of Taiyaki.

“Ouch!” Shin Yeong suddenly shrieked. I rushed to her and looked at her worriedly, “Are you okay? Are you hurt?”

She blew her fingers and nodded, “I accidently touched the metal part of the batter, it hurts but its fine, really.” I eyed her curiously and saw her fingers were red in colour. Unconsciously, I grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the sink. I run the water to her fingers and rubbed it slowly until her fingers turned back to normal colour.

“T-thank y-you,” she stuttered and blushed. ‘Why is she blushing?’ I thought. Then it strikes me. I’m holding her hand right now! I hastily released her hand and apologized.

 


At the corner of the kitchen…

“Aww she’s blushing,” Na Yeong whispered to Chanyeol and Joonmyeon. They smiled and giggled quietly while looking at Kyungsoo and Shin Yeong.

 

 



Updated! Yeayy sorry if this chapter is making your stomach rumbling because it occured to me though. Hahaha XD