►Six

Hitch Breaker

Your POV

I was at the library, studying for my final in this last semester, and then I'm going to graduate! ‘Yeay finally,’ I smiled while punching numbers on the scientific calculator. Then somebody tapped my shoulder from behind, so I turned around but saw no one.

‘Somebody’s pranking me,’ I thought and turned back. I jumped on my seat when I saw a familiar guy in front of me, sitting across the table.

“Yah! You just love to make me shock, don’t you?” I shook my head, raising an eyebrow to my friend, Kang Minhyuk. He grinned widely at me and winked. ‘I’ll rip your pretty face one day, Minhyuk,’ I thought, looking at him.

“Hehehe sorry Shin Yeong-ah. You were so into the questions, so I guessed pranking you was a good idea,” he claimed, earning a glare from me.

“But you looked cute when you’re focusing on your study,” he quickly added while rubbing his neck, slightly blushing. Minhyuk has a crush on me when you both were sophomore, but I politely rejected him because I'm yet in the mood for relationships.

“Thanks for the compliment, Minhyuk-ah. So why are you here? Do you need any help because it’s getting late,” I asked, glancing at him for a while after I finished your last question.

“Yeah… kinda. I’m stuck in the middle of the solution and… I don’t know what to do for the next step,” he pushed a workbook to me, pointing on question 35. I nodded and started to explain to him the solutions.

After a few minutes of explaining, asking and nodding, he thanked me and excused himself. I packed my stuffs and headed home.


-----TWO WEEKS LATER----

 

“Kim Shin Yeong! How was the Calculus paper? I think I screwed some of the questions. It’s just sooooo hard,” Mina whined while pouting. I just wanted to tie her pouty lips and let her be like a duck, but I just chuckled.

“Well… it’s not too hard… for me of course,”I said, smiling at her. She pouted even more and said, “Yeah… I even forgot that you LOVE Calculus,” stressing on the word ‘love’.

I just laughed at her. “So what are you going to do while waiting for our graduation?” I asked Mina.

“My father asked me to help his business in the meantime, so yeah... working. You?” she asked back.

“I don’t know. I’ll find a job, I guess?” I shrugged my shoulder.

You both continued talking and laughing with each other until lunch. Then I both bid goodbye and headed home. When I reached home, Na Yeong unnie was at the kitchen, cooking lunch. She didn’t have work today since EXO only have practices.

“You’re home? Go and change your clothes, lunch almost ready,” Na Yeong unnie said when she turned to see me and I nodded, running upstairs. I washed yourself, wore comfortable clothes and headed downstairs.

“Wahhh… smells good,” I exclaimed and grinned. Unnie shook her head and both of you sat at the dining table.

“So what are you going to do now, dongsaeng-ah1?” unnie asked me while you both were eating.

“Find a temporary work. Why?” I glanced at her. She thought for a while and said, “Why don’t you be EXO’s coordinator? One of us just resigned yesterday and we needed a replacement as fast as we can, because we’re having a SMTOWN concert in Tokyo in two weeks.”

“Really?!! Can I?” I beamed happily and unnie nodded, smiling widely at me.

“Gomawo2 unnie!!!” I screamed and continue eating happily. ‘Yeay now I can be with EXO more often. Hihihihi,’ I giggled. Unnie looked at me and laughed.


-----NEXT MORNING-----

 

I woke up early and got myself ready. Unnie had told me yesterday that I’ll have to settle some paperwork so I can officially be EXO’s coordinator. After applying a thin makeup and grabbed my handbag, I went downstairs and made pancakes for me and unnie.

Right after I finished making pancakes, unnie came and teased me, “Wow, someone’s excited.”

I grinned widely and both of you enjoyed the breakfast while talking about how will I make up them since they’re guys, not girls. Then I remembered something…

“Unnie, who am I in charged for?” I asked curiously.

“The maknae lines - Tao, Kai and Sehun,” unnie replied. I nodded and finished my pancakes. After both of you finished with the dishes, unnie grabbed her car keys and both of you left home and drifted to SM.


In SM Building…

I was settling some paperwork. Well, not some, but A LOT! ‘So this is how a big company hire new employee, with a small stack of papers and other stuffs,’ I thought, finishing my last paperwork.

“DONE!” I said and walked to unnie in the edge of the room with the papers. Unnie looked up and took the papers, examining it with a serious face. ‘She sure is the main coordinator,’ I thought.

“Okay, there’s no mistake in here. Now help me to sort this up, will you?” unnie asked. I nodded and helped her sorted things and makeup kits. Hours flew and I realized that it’s lunch hour.

“Unnie, it’s lunch time and I’ve done sorting the things out,” I said while sitting on the floor, a little bit exhausted.

“Good job, Kim Shin Yeong. Now let’s grab our lunch, shall we?” unnie said and both of you headed to the cafeteria. Then I saw EXO eating at the long table, talking loudly and laughed. Unnie pulled my hand towards them.

“Guys, my sister will replace Hana noona, so she’ll be your coordinator from now on,” unnie said to them and I heard some of them said ‘Yeayy’, ‘wow’ and ‘that’s cool’. I bowed and smiled.

“So she’ll be in charged of me, noona?” Sehun oppa asked. Unnie nodded and added, “Tao and Kai too.”

“Assa3!” Tao, Kai and Sehun oppa said while pumping their fists in the air. I laughed at their cuteness and childish behavior.

‘They sure are the maknae line,’ I thought.

 



Korean vocabs

1Dongsaeng (동생) - Younger siblings

2Gomawo (고마워) - Thank you

3Assa (아싸) - Awesome/Nice


Again, sorry for the crappy and boring chapter. I fast-forwarded the scene because it's not important anyway. Enjoy :)