Chapter 9

Third Time Lucky? [EDITING]

Mandy visited the F4 lounge quite a few times in the next two weeks. She was never sure who she’d find because she always went over unannounced. Sometimes she’d find Jun Pyo, with whom she competed in darts and video games; sometimes she found Woo Bin and Yi Jung, who taught her how to play pool. It was very few times that Ji Hoo would be there, but they didn’t need him there as a mediator; the rest of the F4 didn’t recognize her as Ji Hoo’s friend anymore. She was now a friend of the F4.

 

“The guys were missing you yesterday in the lounge”

All their classes had ended for the day and Ji Hoo and Mandy were heading towards the exit.

“The guys did, but you didn’t?”

“I barely tolerate you in school, I was happy you weren’t around” Ji Hoo said as a joke

“Oye! You can’t tolerate me, huh?” She hit him playfully on the arm and both started laughing.

“But why weren’t you there? Yesterday, at the lounge. I knew that all your notes were complete, because I helped you two days ago in completing them. So why weren’t you there?”

“I was actually doing an utterly boring yet important task”

“What task?” inquired Ji Hoo

“I have to go grocery shopping so I was searching on the internet where I could go”

“What do you want that you can’t find in the local market?”

“Just some special ingredients that I need to cook Indian dishes and I couldn’t find them in the local market, but I found a south Asian supermarket where I could get those. I am actually heading there only, if I can only catch a cab.”

“I could take you” offered Ji Hoo

“Really?”

“And as my payment you could cook me an Indian meal”

“Deal” Mandy said, shaking Ji Hoo’s hand and trotted towards the parking lot and Ji Hoo followed her, shaking his head and smiling continuously.

 

“You know for a person who doesn’t know Korean, you seem to be doing pretty well on your own” commented Ji Hoo as he started up the engine.

“I’ll show you my secret” said Mandy and opened her bag to retrieve something.

“Ta-da” she said, showing her ipad. “This has a translator app which helps me give simple instructions or ask for something”

“Hmmn, nice toy; but it can’t help you with everything I suppose.”

“Yeah, there is still the problem of me understanding what other people are saying to me.” She put the ipad back in her bag.

 

“Teach me” she said, turning in Ji Hoo’s direction

“Huh?”

“Teach me Korean” she requested

“It’s not so easy you know”

“I’ll try my best, please please please please please please please please pleeeeaaase”

“Fine, we’ll try”

“Thank you!!!!!!!!” and she kissed him on the cheek. “I love you; you’re the best friend ever!” unaware of the affect of her actions and words.

 

Ji Hoo blushed scarlet and touched his face where she had kissed. He had kissed before, full-fledged kiss, with not one but two women; but her friendly kiss on the cheek sent jolts to his body and left him feeling all warm on the inside.

‘It was just a thank you kiss, just a friendly kiss, it meant nothing’ Ji Hoo thought and kept on driving, but his fast-beating heart told him something else.

 

At the F4 Lounge

Yi Jung, Woo Bin and Jun Pyo were hanging out at the lounge. Over the years the F4 have had their lives completely changed, but the one thing they had kept constant was to take some time out and keep in touch with each other, no matter what. Jan Di and Ga Eul were again busy with wedding preparations.

 

“It’s so quite today, like creepy quite; why is it so?” Woo Bin asked

“Mandy is not here” observed Yi Jung, answering with his signature smirk.

“Aish! That girl is too loud; and hoydenish” Said Jun Pyo

“You are only saying that because she beat you in darts” Yi Jung said

“And all your videogames” interjected Woo Bin

“Aish! Arasso arasso, she beat me in all those things, but it was only beginner’s luck.” Counter argued the Shinhwa heir

“Jun Pyo, that’s what you said before she beat you the 3rd time” said Woo Bin, trying to control his laughter to not further agitate his temperamental friend, but was doing a poor job of it.

 

“But you know Ji Hoo was right” remarked Yi Jung “she does worm her way into people’s lives, even if unknowingly. She has been in Seoul for not more than a month and already she has made Korea’s F4 into her personal crew. Woo Bin the bodyguard; don’t try to deny it because I know that you would’ve already put two of your men as her security like you did for all of us” Woo Bin just shrugged, not denying anything. Yi Jung continued, “I’m the genie, Jun Pyo the entertainer and Ji Hoo the assistant.”

“Yah! Why am I the entertainer?” demanded Jun Pyo

“Because she gets the most laughs out of pulling your leg” Woo Bin simply said

“When has she ever pulled my leg, I only shook hands with her once, there was no leg involved. What nonsense are you both talking about?” said the delirious multi-billionaire.

The two best friends looked at each other once and burst out laughing at their friend’s inanity.

 

At the supermarket

The whole crowd was watching the two young people, who, it seemed, had stepped into a supermarket for the first time, considering the amount of disturbance they were creating and the fun they were having with trolleys, like 5 year olds in an amusement park.

 

Ji Hoo and Mandy were having the time of their lives. Mandy was riding the trolley in the front with her face inwards and Ji Hoo was pushing it from aisle to aisle.

 

“Cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dried pomegranate seeds and asafetida. Come on, faster” cheered Mandy as Ji Hoo picked up these things from the shelves, dumped into the trolley and moved onto the next aisle.

“Cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon and black and white peppercorns”

Ji Hoo deposited these things into the trolley and moved onto the next aisle

“Mustard oil, coconut oil, ghee and refined sunflower oil; come on, these are the last things I need, after that we’re done”

 

“Thanks again for today” said Mandy. They were now driving toward her apartment.

“Oh please stop; I had lots of fun because of you today. And I went grocery shopping for the first time; so I think I should be the thankful one.” Ji Hoo said while smiling at her.

“It was my pleasure to be of service sire” she said taking a light bow and laughing continuously.

She settled down and turned towards the window to watch the city pass by. A comfortable silence descended upon them.

 

As Ji Hoo parked in front of her apartment building, he realized that Mandy had fallen asleep during the ride.

He smiled and took out her house key, which he knew she kept in her bag and stuffed it in his pocket. He then went to her side and opened the door. He was going to carry her to her apartment. He had first thought to take her to his house, but knew that she would freak out when she woke up in the morning. He was removing her seat belt when a sudden pain shot up his ribs and before he knew it, he was on the ground.

 

Also don't forget to give me lots and lots of reviews and comments!

i'll finish here today coz i am pure evil!!!!!! and those who had read the previous version of this story, plaease wait 2or 3 more days and you'll get your story too. Thank You for reading this, it means a lot!