Chapter 36

Third Time Lucky? [EDITING]

New Year came and went. Mandy moved out of Ji Hoo’s house on the 2nd of January to her apartment. Ji Hoo helped her move and both had another night of takeout dinner with movies. The Christmas break had ended and they settled into their old routine. But it was not the same as before. They were not just good friends anymore. Their relationship had taken a new turn; even if both of them didn’t know about it yet.

 

On one Saturday afternoon, when Mandy was sitting in her room watching TV, she received a parcel.

She signed the receipt of the courier service and brought it into her room. She opened the parcel and inside was an invitation card to an event of the Su Am Foundation. She called Ji Hoo to inquire about it.

 

“Yebeseyo?”

“Babu; it’s me” Mandy said

“Oh, hey; what’s up?” Ji Hoo said

“I got an invitation for the 25th anniversary gala of your foundation. What’s that about?”

“Oh you got it; good. I was going to call you to confirm it myself. And I also wanted to ask a favor”

“What is it?”

“Will you go to the gala with me? There is always someone trying to get my attention, but if you are with me, that problem will be solved.”

“But it’s tomorrow”

“Yeah, so?”

“Nothing, it’s just a short notice I guess” Mandy said weakly

“So you’ll go right?”

“There is a little problem to that”

“What?”

“I don’t have anything to wear”

“Don’t worry; I’ll take care of it” Ji Hoo said

“Ok then fine”

“Ok Good” and Ji Hoo hung up the call

 

The next day Mandy got another delivery. Her dress for the evening arrived with matching shoes, bag and jewelry. It was hand delivered by two women and when she expected them to leave after setting the things in her room; they just kept standing in her room.

“Thank you, you can go now” Mandy said politely

“Ma’am we are here to help you get ready for the evening.” One women bowed and said “Mr. Yoon said that we were to help you prepare for the event and leave only after you were fully ready” the lady said politely

“Uh…okay, I guess” Mandy said unsurely

 

The two women started working on Mandy and her makeup, nails and hair were done within an hour. There was still some time left to go, so Mandy served the two women coffee and tried to chat with them, but they were both so formal that the situation turned even more awkward so Mandy decided to leave them alone with their cups. She went to her room and logged onto FB to check her profile. After 10 minutes, the doorbell rang again. Ji Hoo had arrived to pick Mandy. She told him to wait and within the next 5 minutes she got fully ready. After seeing her two helpers out, Mandy went downstairs.

 

When she went to the front gate, Ji Hoo was standing in front of a limo, dressed in a tuxedo.

“How do I look? Is it too loud?” Mandy asked Ji Hoo when he kept staring at her

 

The dress was a white floor length gown with a canoe neck and sapphire blue and gold embellishments on the neck, waist and at the bottom. The shoes were golden platform heels and the jewelry consisted of gold sheet earrings and an arm band. Her hair were set in loose curls and half tied at the back.

 

“You look just like you” he murmured

“Huh?”

“Nothing; let’s go” he said and opened the door for her.

 

During the whole ride, Mandy was fidgeting in her seat.

“Are you okay?” Ji Hoo asked her

“I’m really nervous right now; I’ve never really been to these sorts of formal events. I don’t know how to make small talk; I don’t even know Korean! I’m going to embarrass myself.”

“It’ll be fine, trust me” Ji Hoo tried to calm her down as he took her hands in his and rubbed them.

They reached in the next 20 minutes, but the scene around was an unusual one. There wasn’t a soul around.

 

“Where are we?” Mandy asked as Ji Hoo helped her out the limo.

“I was actually supposed to be here an hour before, but I hate these events. Harbeoji will kill me if he knew I entered so late; so we are going to make a back entry into the reception. There will be no proof of the time of our arrival.” Ji Hoo said and smirked at her

“Wow, I’m really seeing a new side to you today; didn’t know you were such a rebel.” Mandy said

“You are rubbing off on me too much” Ji Hoo commented

“Oye!” and she hit him playfully with her purse

 

They were going through a dark hallway now and according to Ji Hoo, were going to reach their destination real soon.

“Are you sure we are even in the right building? Because I can’t even hear any sound.” Mandy whispered to him

“We are almost there” he whispered back

After 50 or so steps, Ji Hoo stopped in front of open double doors which led to a dark hall. Mandy moved a step forward to peek inside, but couldn’t see a thing.

“Ji Hoo, I’m telling you we came to the wrong building” Mandy said and turned around to confront him, but Ji Hoo was not behind her; where he had been a minute ago. “Ji Hoo? What kind of prank is this?” she called out

 

She was about to leave when suddenly all the lights came on and it blinded her for a moment.

Sooooo sorry for the late update but my internet connection was sorta not working, but i'm back

Shoutout for ButThatsNotAwkward because she promised me to check on this fic and she really did. Thank You so much!!! love ya babe!!!