Chapter 54

Third Time Lucky? [EDITING]

Everyone arrived back at the Gu mansion. Jan Di and Ga Eul were still a little teary eyed.

“It will all feel so dull without her now” Ga Eul said sadly as she sat down at the couch

“I know, right?” Jan Di agreed with her

“I think we would live; we were happy before her, we will live happily after her” Ji Hoo said

“Ji Hoo-ah” Woo Bin said sympathetically to him, putting a hand on his shoulder

“Why are you all so sad? Come on, it’s not like it’s the end of the world. And we all are busy people, so stop moping and on with your work. Which reminds me that I have to help Harbeoji today, so I’m gonna go now” and Ji Hoo vanished through the door.

 

“This is much worse than I thought before” Woo Bin muttered

“Huh?” Jun Pyo asked

“You cannot be this clueless Jun Pyo” Jan Di said

“What, what happened?” Jun Pyo asked

“Sunbae likes unnie” Jan Di explained

“Huh? He does? When did this happen?”

“Has been in process for a lot of months, but I think now it’s complete; he has fallen for her completely” Ga Eul said

“The question is why didn’t he say something, to us, or to Mandy?” Yi Jung asked

“Because he thought that it was one sided” Jan Di said

“What do you mean thought? Do you know something we don’t know?” Woo Bin asked

“Ani, it’s an intuition, a woman’s intuition; their story is not finished yet” Jan Di said

 

That evening, when they all met again at the lounge (sans Ji Hoo), they found a gift-wrapped box on the center table.

Woo Bin opened it and inside were 6 brand new ipad.

“What’s this? Who sent this?” Jun Pyo asked

Woo Bin picked up the note inside the box and read it aloud.

“Sorry for going away the way I did, I just hate goodbyes. These are for you guys, one for each. So that I can always be in touch with you guys. I know it’s hard to forget me, but I’m not taking any chances by giving you a choice of contacting me. You have to, at least once a week, otherwise you’ll all burn in hell for making me upset. Yes, this is a threat; I have a special setting with Him. Also they are personalized, so don’t mix them up.” Woo Bin read

 

“What does she mean personalized? How can you personalize a device?” Jan Di asked

“I guess we’ll have to check then” Yi Jung said as he picked one with a white cover.

“I think that’s Ji Hoo Sunbae’s” Ga Eul said “They all have different colored covers” she said as she motioned to the pile.

“I think that would be mine” Yi Jung said as he picked up the orange one.

“And that’s mine” Woo Bin said as he picked up the yellow one

“Then I think mine is blue, because that’s the only option left” Jan Di said as she picked up the one from the box.

 

Everyone switched on their tablets and even the screen pictures were different.

“She really put a lot of thought into this” Yi Jung observed as he sifted through the applications loaded on it.

“Yeah well, she is the queen of personalized gifting” Woo Bin said

 

“What is this?” Jun Pyo said as he clicked on an icon that started a video player.

“Hey, Jugnu” Mandy’s voice could be heard from the tablet, and on the screen was Mandy, sitting in her room of her Seoul apartment. “How are you? I hope you like your gift. I added all your favorite videogames in this and also added some of my choice, I hope you like them too. And I also added the stock market apps and a bunch of other business apps which might help you. I also added a cooking app; I think you should surprise Jan Di sometime with something special. It’ll make her really happy. Not that she’s not happy right now; but you know a little extra sugar.” She smiled “And I know that I’ve always made fun of you with the guys; so I’m sorry if you felt bad. Don’t forget to call me every once in a while and just take care of yourself and others and be happy. And just a hint- India is really a cool place to vacation. So when you plan another one of your surprise trips with the gang, just keep that in mind.”

 

The video ended and everyone stood stunned as they sat down one by one with their ipad in their hands and started listening to their personal messages.

“Let’s call her now on this; she’ll get really happy” Jun Pyo suggested after everyone was done with their messages.

“No, she would have just reached Delhi; let her rest, we’ll call tomorrow.” Jan Di suggested “and Ji Hoo sunbae is also not here. When we are together tomorrow, then we’ll call her”

 

After some time, everyone went back to their homes and Woo Bin took Ji Hoo’s ipad with him. “I’ll give it to him” he said and was the first one out the door.

 

Woo Bin drove to Ji Hoo’s house and found him playing the piano.

“What brings you here?” Ji Hoo asked without looking up, he had heard someone coming and had also peeped from the corner of his eyes to see who it was.

“Are you okay?” Woo Bin asked

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Ji Hoo-ah, you can talk to me”

“About what?”

“About Mandy”

“What about her?”

“You don’t want to talk right now, fine with me; I’m always here if you need me” Woo Bin said

“Appreciate it; anything else?”

 

“I came to give you this” Woo Bin said as he put the ipad on top of the piano cover.

Ji Hoo stopped playing and looked at it “What is this?”

“Your ipad; gift from Mandy; she gave one to all of us. Also has personalized apps and a video message”

“Ok, thanks”

“Don’t you want to check it?”

“I’ll go through it when I have time” Ji Hoo said and started playing again

“Don’t become like this, cool down today and I’ll see you soon. Take care of yourself.” Woo Bin put a hand on Ji Hoo’s shoulder and left.

 

Ji Hoo stopped playing the piano and looked at the ipad resting on the top of the piano lid. His hands wanted to reach out to the device and surf through it, and his eyes wanted to see what Mandy had done on his device, but his heart told him not to do so, otherwise he would completely break down.

 

TOO BUSY TOO BUSY TOO BUSY TO UPDAAAAATE!!!!!

AND IT'S GETTING A BIT TOO LAAAAAAATE!!

HAHAHAH NOT REALLY

JUST WANTED SOMETHING FUNNY AND RHYMY(?)

o_O