Chapter 20

Third Time Lucky? [EDITING]

“Let’s invite everyone for dinner” Mandy said enthusiastically

“Where?”

“Here only; that’s why I said INVITE”

“Are you going to cook?”

“Duh! How else is everyone going to have dinner?”

“But would you be able to cook for that many people? We are in total 7 persons. You have one day off, enjoy it”

“But I enjoy cooking; and I also had to treat you to a festive meal; and I also want to thank and apologize to everyone for yesterday. I can go on with ten more reasons, but I think you get my point.”

“Okay, but I have one request” Ji Hoo said seriously

“What?”

“I want the largest portion of dal”

“Okay babu; you get the largest portion of dal” Mandy said, pulling his cheeks

“What’s does this mean now?” Ji Hoo asked, referring to the new name she had given him

“It’s an endearing term for someone you are fond of; like a kid in the family or for a dear friend. You know like ‘sweetie’; it can be used in that sense”

“Thank god, I thought you were going to name me after another tragic hero” he said lightheartedly.

 

“Okay, other matters afterwards, but first I have to decide the menu and check if I have all ingredients I need”

“I can go to the supermarket to buy you anything you need” Ji Hoo offered “Did you go there yesterday?” he asked

“No; I promised you na that I would take you to that place someday. When I said I will, I will; so don’t worry”

“Ok fine”

“So the cuisine is vegetarian North Indian food. Okay then first is dal makhani”

“Yay!” Ji Hoo clapped

“Second is soya chaap”

“What?”

“It’s a soy product which is made in milk with spices; third is kadhai paneer”

“Again what?”

“Spicy cottage cheese with gravy; and last mushroom with peas”

“So what all do you need for me to bring?”

“But the whole menu is not decided yet” she said

“It’s not?! What else is left? If you ask me, dal would be enough for everyone”

“These dishes are only part of the main course. There is still desert left to be decided. And this is not even a full festive meal. This is just something that middle-class people cook for dinner with family.”

 

“Okay, but I don’t know how I could help you with any of these dishes”

“If you can make paranthas by looking them up on the net, you can definitely help me on this dinner. Don’t worry; I’ll give you directions.”

“Whatever you say” he raised his hands in surrender and went to sit down on the couch.

After checking the ingredients that she needed, Mandy came to sit down next to Ji Hoo and handed him a list.

“These are all the things that I need, so chop-chop. Get up and bring them for me. And while you are at it, also go to your house and change your clothes; you have been wearing these for more than 24 hours. Also bring an extra pair if those get dirty.”

“Yes ma’am” he saluted and marched outside.

“Jhallah” Mandy said shaking her head and smiling at Ji Hoo’s back.

 

Ji Hoo returned after 3½ hours.

“What took you so long?” Mandy said as she opened the door for him.

“There was a lot of traffic, and how much amount did you tell me to bring?”

“I wrote it down for you on the paper”

“Yeah I know, but I’m asking if it would be a little too much. The lady at the checking counter asked me if I was getting groceries for the whole month. For how many people are you making?” Ji Hoo asked as he put the bags on the kitchen counter

“The people I told you for. Come on now we don’t have time. Put on this apron and get to work.” She said handing him an apron with big flowers over it.

 

Mandy and Ji Hoo worked for two hours straight and Ji Hoo went to the couch and collapsed of exhaustion. Mandy smiled at him and covered him with a blanket and went to her room to change. She also called and invited everyone for dinner. When it was time for everyone to arrive, she woke up Ji Hoo from his slumber and told him to freshen up. He was still half-asleep when he dragged himself to the bathroom.

 

When Ji Hoo came out of her room after freshening up, he was surprised to see the change in the ambiance. Candles illuminated each and every area in the apartment and soft music played in the background. He could also hear a teasing jingling sound from the kitchen and went there to check its source. What he saw took his breath away.

 

Yes Yes Finally!!! i crossed my previous chapters

Please comment and subscribe and if possible and you think this story deserves it, then upvote too. Thank You all!!