Chapter 31

Third Time Lucky? [EDITING]

The mattress and TV were transferred from Mandy’s room at her apartment to the guest room in Ji Hoo’s house within the next half hour.

The guest room was set up and when all of Mandy’s things were taken care of, it looked like all the things had always been there, and always will be.

 

Mandy had passed out on the couch with a blanket after taking her medicine. When the maids left after finishing the room, Ji Hoo went towards the couch. He picked up Mandy bridal style and she snuggled up to him in her sleep. He set her down in her room and was about to get up after tucking her in, when something grabbed his arm.

Turns out, Mandy was awake.

Ji Hoo sat down next to her head. “What is it?” he asked

Mandy didn’t say anything but, took his hand and guided it to her head. She steered his hand in a soothing caress motion in her hair and left his hand after doing it a few times. Ji Hoo came closer and her hair till she fell asleep completely and her light snoring could be heard. When he was about to get up again, he heard light talking. Mandy was talking in her sleep.

 

Ji Hoo was fascinated by this side of her and even though he couldn’t make sense of anything she said, he sat there listening to her mumbling. Names were taken; some familiar words were said; but other than that Ji Hoo understood nothing. After a while he exited the room and left Mandy in her dreams alone.

 

It was now late evening. He checked on Mandy from the door and then closed it again after he saw that she was sound asleep. He freshened up and was about to turn on the TV in his room when he heard something in the kitchen.

 

He saw Mandy, wrapped in blankets, rummaging through the fridge.

“What are you looking for?” Ji Hoo said, standing behind the door of the fridge. Mandy hadn’t heard him coming and was startled to hear his voice; she had jumped from her position.

“You scared me” she said breathlessly

“Why didn’t you call for me?” he looked at her

“Didn’t want to disturb you” she said closing the fridge door and turning towards the kitchen counter.

“If I didn’t want to be disturbed, I wouldn’t have brought you here” he stated “Now tell me what you are looking for”

“Something to eat, but it’s only fruits and veggies in here, no leftovers” she moaned

“A sick person should eat only fresh food, not leftovers.” He stated again

“Well I don’t have the energy of making anything fresh” she said scouring the kitchen drawers.

“That’s why YOU are going to rest” he said setting her towards the couch “and I am going to cook for you”

“You don’t have to; I set my mind on something else. Do you have any kimchi?” she looked at him expectantly

“No, but I can go buy some” Ji Hoo offered

“Rehn de. Do you have takeout menus?” She again looked at him expectantly

“No, but I don’t think you should be eating outside food.”

“I’ve got cough and cold; my stomach is fine. I really want to eat something good”

 

“What do you want?”

“Something good”

“What do you categorize as ‘something good’?”

“I don’t know, something good” she kept repeating like a little kid

“I really can’t help you like this; you have to tell me something specific”

“I feel like eating spicy street food”

“Street food?” he asked like she had lost her mind

She nodded “Indian street food”

 

“Okay, wait a sec” Ji Hoo said and disappeared in to his room. He came out after a few minutes and offered her his phone. Mandy looked at him questioningly

“Tell the person on the phone what you want to eat and it will get delivered”

Mandy was still confused, but took the phone and put it near her ear

“Hello?” she said cautiously

“Hello ma’am, I’m speaking from Indian Rasoi, how may I help you?”

“Yes, do you deliver?”

“Yes ma’am, we do”

“Do you have street food on your menu?”

“What in specific would you like to have ma’am?”

“I’m really a looking at the menu and then choosing kind of person”

“Well ma’am we have a lot of street foods on our menu and anything else could be specially made on request”

“Oh!” Mandy’s mood brightened “Then do you have…” and Mandy told at least six names

“Yes ma’am, we do have all” said the polite voice on the other end of the line.

“Okay then one order of each of the ones I told you”

“Okay ma’am, anything else I may help you with?”

“No, just these” and Mandy handed the phone back to Ji Hoo, grinning like a fool.

Ji Hoo talked on the phone a bit more and then ended the call.

“Happy?” He asked as he sat down next to her and rubbed her hands

“Very happy” Mandy answered smiling at him. She moved a little closer to him and hugged him sideways. Ji Hoo turned in her direction and the side hug turned into a full-frontal one. They just sat there for a while like this and Ji Hoo buried his nose in the crook of her neck. He breathed in her smell; lilies and, recently his personal favorite, vanilla. Her smell intoxicated his senses and left him wanting for more.

 

Mandy had one hand on Ji Hoo’s back and one hand at the nape of his neck. His lightly ticklish breath felt so good that she shuddered from pleasure. But stopped her train of thought when she remembered that the person she was hugging was her best friend. She abruptly broke the hug and to hide her blush from him, she first distanced herself from him, but when it came to her that it would actually show her uneasiness more than hide it, she put her head on his lap and again steered his hand in the manner she had done before.

 

“Why do you tell me to do this?” Ji Hoo asked as he continued her hair.

He himself had been a little ashamed of where his thoughts were going and was thankful that Mandy ended the hug when she had, because there was no telling what he would have done next.

“It gives me comfort when I have a headache, but generally also it feels really good” and she suddenly got up from her position and sat up straight “let me do it for you” she said patting her lap

“I don’t have a headache, you do” Ji Hoo stated

“I don’t really have a headache right now; that was just like that. Come on, I promise it’ll fell good” she again patted her thigh.

 

Ji Hoo reluctantly put his head in her lap. “Close your eyes, it’ll feel better” Mandy instructed. He closed his eyes and Mandy started his hair.

“How is it that this motion is making me feel loved?” Ji Hoo asked opening his eyes

“This is why mothers do this to their children, shows a sense of care and love.”

“My umma was never here to do that” Ji Hoo said

“I’m sorry” Mandy said “But get out of this gloomy mood, because from now on, whenever you feel like, I’ll your hair, okay?”

“Why the sudden giving feeling?” Ji Hoo asked jokingly

“I cannot bring back your mom, so it’s the least I can do for my friend” Mandy said, looking directly into his eyes.

“You already do enough for me” Ji Hoo replied

“I know” Mandy said haughtily and laughing continuously. A few minutes passed and Mandy again spoke up “You know you should change your hair color”

“Why, doesn’t this look good?” Ji Hoo asked, looking at her

“It’s good, but I think a more natural shade, like light brown would look much better on you; and while you’re at it, get a new haircut too; something messy would look good”

“I don’t like messy things” he stated

“Not too messy; you know one of those haircuts that are in these days; messy yet groomed that kind of thing. You’ll look hot trust me”

Ji Hoo was about to say something when the doorbell rang.

 

'You'll look hot' what's up with that? Huh mandy? Well read on to find out! and please subscribe and comment!!!!