Chapter 2 (Edited)

Third Time Lucky? [EDITING]

JI HOO

 

He woke up the next morning late, which he never was, with an imploding headache and a massive hangover. He felt like someone had hit his head with a hammer. Ji Hoo  ran into the bathroom, had a quick cold shower, put on the first thing he got his hands on, grabbed an apple from the fridge and ran to his car, which had been delivered to his home last night (perks of being rich).

 

He reached class just in time and the professor came in after him. The class settled down and the teacher introduced a new student who had transferred from the US. It was not usual protocol for a student to get a transfer in the final year, but one of the few things he had learnt in his world was that anything can be bought with money. The person in question was a girl of about 5’7”, slim with strong built and a wheat-ish complexion, big brown doe eyes, full lips and a cute button nose. She had waist long dark brown hair tied in a ponytail and was dressed in a pair of simple jeans and a t-shirt. She was introduced as Mandy. Ji Hoo saw her eyes roaming the classroom but never meeting anyone’s too long. She finally looked at him and her already big eyes went wide with surprise as if she somehow recognized him. ‘Probably another F4 fan’ he thought. She covered it up quickly and smiled a Mona Lisa smile as if the most amusing thing in the world had happened during that boring intro the teacher was giving. All this while the teacher had been talking to her in English, which Ji Hoo grasped after a long time, and then he turned to the class and explained that she didn’t know Korean and the students good in English were to help her out. Being the only one who knew the language well enough to converse fluently (he had been a student at Julliard), the teacher requested Ji Hoo to help her out. To make the matter even better (read worse) she had all the same classes as him. ‘Great, just great’ thought Ji Hoo.

 

She climbed the stairs of the lecture hall and plopped down on the seat right next to him and kept glancing towards him from the corner of her eye. “What?” asked Ji Hoo “Nothing” she simply replied and kept flashing that knowing smile.

 

‘Ugh, if she is another one of those star struck clingy girls then I’m going to slit my wrists’ he thought. His patience that day was just on the brink of breaking. He was not in the mood to handle another nuisance.

 

 

MANDY

 

She reached her first class way early than anyone else. Nobody was around so she started checking up on her family and friends back home on the various social networking sites, but before she could even start missing them, people, most probably her classmates, started filing in one by one. Everyone gave her curious glances but no one approached her. At last a person came running in and after that the teacher came.

 

The teacher asked her to come and stand with him and started talking to the class in Korean. Her name came up, but because she couldn’t understand a single other word, she decided to check out her future classmates till then. Watching each one with little attention, her eyes stopped as she saw a familiar face. The face she saw was one she quickly recognized from last night. The face of her Korean Devdas (Devdas can be seen as the Indian contemporary of Romeo). She had noticed him last night sneaking glances at one of the girls in the group that was with him. Both of the girls were obviously taken, seeing how two guys of the same group were revolving around them like moon to the earth and the girls were equally attached.

 

It would be an understatement if she said that she was surprised to see him here. It was indeed a small world. He was looking right at her, but quickly averted his eyes when she stared back at him, probably out of embarrassment. With diverting her attention back to the teacher, he explained to her in his best English that the person at the back, her Korean Devdas, who was also called by the name of Yoon Ji Hoo, will be her tour guide/language buddy to help her through her classes as he knew English the best in the whole class.

She went and sat next to him and smiled and looked at him through the corner of her eyes, thinking what the future would be like.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello pretty people!! Here is your least favorite author with another update (it's just an edite but oh well). if you are a new reader, let me know what you think of the story and if you are an old reader, let me know your thoughts in general \o/ 

Please subscribe if you are reading this story to let me know you like it and upvote if you reaaaalllyyy like it. i guess that's it then.... BYE!!