Chapter 29

Third Time Lucky? [EDITING]

Weeks passed like this; the whole group hung out together and sometimes Ji Hoo and Mandy spent time together when everyone else was busy. Ji Hoo took Mandy out to many of his favorite restaurants; Mandy took him to places she knew about; they went to watch movies and soccer games; Mandy even got to see an exclusive concert conducted by Ji Hoo where she was the only audience. To anyone outside, it would seem that they were dating; that’s how much time they spent together.

 

Christmas holidays had started and Ji Hoo dropped Mandy at her apartment building. They had gone out to watch a musical which was in English.

“It was really awesome, thanks. Actually everything that you have planned yet has been really cool, especially that exclusive concert you put up for me” Mandy smiled at him but then frowned

“What happened?” Ji Hoo asked

“I won’t like listening to digital recordings anymore” and then laughed at her misery

“No problem, I’ll put up another concert for you” he said and saw Mandy blowing on her hands, like he had seen her do many times. “Why don’t you wear gloves?” he asked and took her hands in his as he rubbed them

“They irritate me” Mandy said and but didn’t take out her hands from his grip.

“Your fingers are freezing” Ji Hoo said

“I know; my hands are the kind that even in the slightest cold atmosphere, turn ice cold” Mandy explained

 

The next day Ji Hoo had planned another outing for the two of them. He called her on her cell phone but she wasn’t picking up, which wasn’t like her and Ji Hoo got really worried. He then called Woo Bin to ask his men about her whereabouts.

“They say that she hasn’t gone out of her house after she got back yesterday afternoon.” Woo Bin said on the phone.

“Tell them to keep an eye out for anything unusual, I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” Ji Hoo said as he raced to his car

“I’ll meet you there” Woo Bin said as he ended the call

 

Ji Hoo and Woo Bin raced to the door with 6 men on their tail and rang the doorbell, which turned out to be defective. Ji Hoo was getting impatient and told the bulky men to break down the door. When they burst in they heard a girl’s scream.

 

Mandy was on video call with Niya, sitting in her room, when she heard the banging at the door. She got out of bed to check what was happening and at the orders of Niya, took the tablet with her. She was a few meters away from the door, when it fell down and two bulky, scary looking men stumbled into the house. Mandy recognized them as Woo Bin’s men but Niya didn’t know them and she screamed out loud. She was afraid that something was going to happen to her friend.

 

“Mandy! Are you okay?” Niya’s voice could be heard from the device.

“I’m fine, calm down. I know these men” Mandy said

Ji Hoo and Woo Bin ran inside when they heard the muffled scream.

“Mandy!” Ji Hoo and Woo Bin shouted in unison

“I’m fine, why are you both shouting” she replied in a croaking voice

“Who is it?” Niya’s voice came from the tablet

“It’s Ji Hoo and Woo Bin” Mandy told her

Both the guys were looking at her in a confused way. “We heard you scream” Woo Bin said

“That was not me that was her” Mandy pointed at the screen and then turned it in their direction “Niya, this is Yoon Ji Hoo and Song Woo Bin” she said to the screen “And this” she pointed at the screen “is my best friend Ananya aka Niya.”

The three looked at each other and said awkward greetings. Then Mandy turned the screen towards herself “I’ll talk to you later okay?” she said

“Okay, vaise dono bade mast hain yaar (by the way both are very good looking)” Niya said in Hindi and incorporated the Delhi slang.

“Chaaron hi hain (all four are)” Mandy commented and smiled at her friend as she ended the call.

Mandy had started walking towards the living room and settled on the chaise lounge as she finished her call. Ji Hoo and Woo Bin had followed her in, with the door still on the floor of her apartment.

 

“Now, you two” she said pointing at them “is this the way you act? You don’t just break down people’s doors whenever you feel like it” she said as much loudly as her voice allowed.

“What happened to you?” Ji Hoo asked in a calm voice “No offence but you look like and your voice sounds a little off too. Are you sick?” he asked as he moved towards her and pressed his palm on her forehead. “You are burning up” he said in a worried way

“I’ll be fine, I popped a pill a few hours ago” Mandy said weakly, wiping her nose with a tissue. “But that is not the issue; why did you break down my front door?” she asked

“You were not picking up your phone” Woo Bin started saying “So this guy became all panicked and also got me panicked and told my men to break down your door” Woo said pointing in Ji Hoo’s direction, who had vanished into Mandy’s room. He came out with a blanket in his hand.

Ji Hoo came up to Mandy and wrapped her in the blanket like a cocoon. “Why did you not call me? I would’ve taken you to a doctor” Ji Hoo questioned her

“How would it look like: a future doctor going to another one when she fell sick? I can treat myself just fine” Mandy said “And you still didn’t tell me why you broke down my door. There is a thing called doorbell that you ring when you want to enter”

 

“That thing called doorbell was not working” Ji Hoo argued

“And you don’t know how to knock, I guess” Mandy said

“He was too panicked to act sensibly” Woo Bin chuckled

“Of course I was” Ji Hoo said defensibly “You were not picking up my calls”

“My phone…” Mandy thought for a moment “Oh! It’s on silent mode; sorry”

 

“It’s good that we came, otherwise you would still be suffering because of your stupidity” Ji Hoo said and rubbed her hands in his

“I am not suffering” Mandy argued but Ji Hoo shut her up with his glare.

“Woo Bin, tell your men to take care of the door” Ji Hoo said and then turned in Mandy’s direction “and you are coming with me”. He said that and picked up Mandy, with blanket and all, like a parcel.

“Put me down!” Mandy shouted “I’m totally fine”

“I can see that. Just shut up okay, you are coming with me and that’s final.”

“Ji Hoo……” Mandy said in a warning tone

“Look, I know that you don’t like people forcing things on you, but I cannot see you like this. So please just let me take you to a doctor” Ji Hoo said in a pained voice. “Okay?” Ji Hoo asked looking at her bloodshot eyes

 

Woo Bin had excused himself from the room when he saw Ji Hoo and Mandy’s chemistry.

“But you have to let me get ready. I cannot go out like this” she said in a pleading tone.

“Ok” Ji Hoo said as he put her down.

She dragged herself to her room and hastily put on some good clothes and combed her hair.

She got out of her room and called out Ji Hoo, who was sitting in the living room. She went to the kitchen to have a glass of water but suddenly everything went dizzy and the glass fell onto the floor and shattered. Mandy was about to fall down but luckily Ji Hoo was nearby and caught her. “And you say that you are okay” Ji Hoo said as he helped her onto a nearby chair.

 

“How did you get sick?” Ji Hoo asked on the car ride

“I ate ice cream yesterday” Mandy answered timidly

“And you call yourself a doctor-in-training. A person with common sense knows that you are not supposed to eat ice cream during winters.” He scolded her like a one would scold a naughty kid. “And when you get sick, you are not just supposed to pop a pill. You are supposed to get a proper diagnosis from a doctor and then take medicine.”

“Sorry” Mandy said pouting; trying to turn up the cute. “Are we going to your grandfather’s clinic?” she asked

“Yes” Ji Hoo said and kept on driving.

 

They reached the clinic soon and after parking his car, Ji Hoo helped Mandy up the stairs of the clinic. They sat in the waiting room and went in after all the patients had had their turn (on Mandy’s insistence). While they were waiting, Ji Hoo brought over warm water for everyone in the room and generally helped around in any way he could. After sending off the last patient, Ji Hoo woke Mandy up from her nap (she had fallen asleep in the corner seat she had settled into) and helped her to the room inside.

 

All this while, Woo Bin had gone back to his office and resumed his work but couldn’t focus on it completely. The way Mandy and Ji Hoo’s friendship was growing into something else, made him feel happy. During this thought process, a new face suddenly popped up in his mind. ‘Aniyo, it cannot be. I don’t even know her’ he thought. But why had his heart speeded up when he saw her face?

 

Mandy and Ji Hoo's story is prgressing and Woo Bin's about to get some action too!! Please subscribe and comment!!! i know this series is a very old one but it's my all time favourite and also the first one that i saw. So please support me and subscribe and comment. lots and lots of comments please!!!