Chapter 67

Third Time Lucky? [EDITING]

Last Chapter!!!! I updated i think seven times before this so check those out before this

 

A Few Months Later

 

A wedding hall in Seoul was abuzz with excitement with the preparations of a F4 wedding that was supposed to happen in half an hour. In the bridal room, the bride and her bridesmaids were getting ready.

“Unnie, you are looking really pretty” Jan Di complimented Mandy

“Thanks Jaan” Mandy smiled at Jan Di, who looked radiant in her flared dress. And no, what Mandy called Jan Di was not a spelling mistake. Mandy had given the Worder Woman of Shinhwa this name, which meant life in Hindi, just because it rhymed with her name.

“Let’s go now” Harleen and Jun Hee said from outside.

“Ok” Mandy said.

 

Outside in the wedding hall, the groom and his three best mans were standing at the end of the aisle.

“Will you stop fidgeting so much? You are getting what you always wanted, so act happy” Woo Bin scolded his best friend, the groom.

 

The wedding march started and the bridesmaids started to enter. First Jan Di entered, walking slowly and shyly. Then entered Niya, looking hot in her blue off shoulder dress, with her hair falling down in soft ringlets

Then entered Mandy and when Ji Hoo turned to look at her, she couldn’t help but blush.

After that the bride, Chu Ga Eul, entered with her father. Ga Eul looked breathtaking in her sweat heart neckline, off shoulder, fish tail dress.

 

The ceremonies ended within 20 minutes and even before the officiator could announce that Yi Jung and Ga Eul were husband and wife, the overexcited and overjoyed groom bent down towards his new wife and kissed her deeply. The hall went up in cheers but then the polite coughs started when they realized that the kiss hadn’t ended. Finally Woo Bin had to poke Yi Jung in the stomach to make him break up the kiss.

 

The dances started and this time the first on the floor were Ji Hoo and Mandy.

“So, on what song should we dance at our wedding?” Mandy asked, her arms around Ji Hoo’s neck as they danced to a song

“I don’t know if your dad will allow us to have a first dance” he said

 

FLASHBACK

 

After coming back from the airport to the resort, Ji Hoo had asked Mandy’s father for her hand in marriage.

“Yah, you need to ask me first” Mandy said

“Are you going to say no?” Ji Hoo had looked at her

“No” she had smiled

Mandy’s father had been very upset with the whole drama that had been caused and had only agreed to the wedding when he had seen his daughter’s puppy dog eyes.

“Ok Fine” he answered in a gruff voice and Mandy jumped up and down in glee.

 

While roaming the lawns in the night, Ji Hoo took Mandy in between a bed of flowers and had dropped on one knee and proposed with his grandmother’s ring.

“You had it with you all this time?” Mandy asked

“I carry it with me always”

“Convenient” Mandy commented

“Yeah, but this position isn’t; so can I get an answer, like now” he laughed

“No” Mandy said and turned around, with a mischievous smile.

When she turned back around, Ji Hoo was not there.

 

She started to run around frantically but couldn’t find him anywhere. She was standing next to a bed of roses when someone pulled her against a tree.

“Sorry, can’t take a no” Ji Hoo whispered as he put his hand on to prevent her from shouting, and when he saw that she was still, he took her left hand and slipped on the ring on her finger.

 

“You keep taking my decisions for me” Mandy tried to say with a pout but couldn’t contain her happiness.

“Because you are a stubborn girl and I have to force my hand with you.” he grinned at her.

 

End of flashback

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it; it’s my wedding and I’ll have my way” Mandy assured him

“Anything you want then” he smiled at her

“I was thinking Witchcraft” she suggested

Ji Hoo smiled “It’s kind of fitting; we first danced together on that song”

“No, the first time we danced was on Jan Di and Jun Pyo’s wedding” Mandy corrected him

“Oh yes, my mistake; but it is you favorite song nonetheless, so we should finalize it.”

 

“You know, you know so many little things about me, but I only know one thing about you, that your favorite color is white”

“Ok, so what do want to know?” he smiled at her

“All your favourites; what you like to eat, what you like to drink, what is you favourite place.”

“Ok, I like to eat the dal you make, I love the scent of vanilla mixed with lilies which is the scent of your lotion; and right here, with you in my arms and me in yours is my favourite place” he looked directly in Mandy eyes and moved in closer to her slowly.

 

“Okay, enough with the mush, I need my best friend for a minute” Niya interrupted them and dragged Mandy away, who gave Ji Hoo a flying kiss while she was being dragged away.

 

“You know you have just the perfect timing” Mandy said to Niya

“I’m moving to Seoul” Niya said

“What? When, how, why?” and Niya told her about the deal she had struck with Woo Bin

“Oh, great; you are going to love Seoul, take my apartment if you want to, there are all my shoes and clothes in the closet only and there’s some emergency cash in the safe, its combination is 01…”

“I don’t need the combination!” Niya said

“I know, but you might want to use it in an emergency”

“I mean, I don’t need the apartment at all, the company is gonna find me an apartment which is closer to the office.”

“Oh, cool. So what will you do exactly?”

“I have no idea, but I just accepted it coz it would be a great opportunity and would look awesome on my resume”

 

“You sound like you don’t want to keep this job on a permanent basis”

“I don’t think I will stay on the job for long; when Mr Song realizes what a lousy advisor I am, he would ask me me to resign himself”

“Don’t underestimate yourself and just give it your 100%, like you do for every job.”

“I know; any advice on surviving in Seoul?”

“Just keep a translator app with you always, and your phone and ipad always charged, and the numbers of your ahjusshis printed in you mind, and learn a bit of the language too”

 

“Ahjusshis?”

“Yeah, the men Bhai would put as your security detail; they are your best friends in this place, after the gang and me of course. And device a bribing system like I did, it would help you sneak away if you want to” Mandy grinned at her

“Don’t let her grumpy boss hear you” Woo Bin joined the two girls and smirked at them

“Oh hey Bhai” Mandy grinned sheepishly

“Corrupting my employees, I see”

“No, just helping my best friend”

 

“So, why are you eavesdropping?” Mandy asked

“Just wanted to ask Niya-ssi if she wanted to dance; you know I wouldn’t be a gentleman if I left her standing alone” he looked at Niya and extended his hand

Niya reluctantly took it and Woo Bin gave an acknowledging nod to Mandy and twirled Niya to the dance floor.

 

“What was that about?” Ji Hoo asked Mandy as he joined her after Woo Bin went away with Niya.

“Don’t know, but I think something is definitely going on” Mandy said and grinned as Ji Hoo stood behind her and encircled her waist with his arms and stood there like that.

 

“So how’s my future granddaughter-in-law?” someone said, standing on their right

“Harbeoji!” Mandy greeted her excitedly

Ji Hoo greeted his grandfather with a bow.

“You are taking good care of my lily right?” the old man demanded from Ji Hoo

“Yes, he is” Mandy answered instead

“Good”

“But you have to do something for me” Mandy said

“What is it?” Harbeoji asked

 

“You have to come with me somewhere tomorrow”

“Where?”

“To see a specialist for your knees”

“But…”

“And no excuses allowed”

“Oh, I remembered, I have to go congratulate the couple” and the old man sneaked away into the crowd

“Harbeoji…” Mandy started following him but Ji Hoo held her back

 

“Let him be; we will tackle him tomorrow”

“Ok” Mandy said and sighed heavily

“What is it?”

“Why is he so stubborn? He is only hurting himself”

“It’s not like you’re any different” Ji Hoo said

“Yeah, but…” Mandy started saying but Ji Hoo stopped him

“Let’s ponder on all that later, I want to dance now” and he twirled Mandy onto the dance floor.

 

THE END (sort of)