Rilakkuma

Baby I Miss You

Our family doctor diagnosed her with Amnesia she had lost 11years of her memories. The last memory she had was her last day as a guest DJ at a foreign music television.

 

Her family insisted that I should keep her at our apartment...

 

I searched around our kitchen and decided to fix hot chocolate instead of coffee. Since the cupboards and the refrigerator was almost bare, I had to use canned milk and forego the marshmallows Unnie preferred. We were supposed to buy our groceries today, make ramen for dinner and love for the rest of the night., 

 

I felt my eyes will burst into tears... How could I tell her she’s married to a girl? That she married me. All of our memories of 7 years as a couple consumed and lost within her. What if I can’t make her fall in love with me again? All those time as a trainee to 2NE1 members had been the most wonderful years of our lives.

 

I prayed that she would trust me, given that I might be a stranger to her

 

Pouring the hot chocolates into mugs, I hurried to our bedroom..

She was searching the web with my laptop as she curled sitting up around my rilakkuma bears. The only thing that changed was her hair.  it was resting down her bare shoulders soft shining color of dark brown against her white cream skin. It made me want to run my fingers through it and rub it against my cheek and feel the warmth of her touch..     

 

Dara:”Oh, good I love hot chocolate. I wish we have marshmallows” she said cheerfully

 

I never get tired of her saying that phase, specially a night when she kissed me as I drank the sweetness on our mouths consuming the hot liquid.  

 

Chaerin:”Are you watching 2NE1tv?” 

 

She nodded and paused the video to look at me

 

Dara:”Leadah why am I in your home?”

 

Chaerin:”So..that I could help you regain your memories” I said looking into her eyes. “The doctor said that the Amnesia is curable as long as Unnie is willing to remember.”

 

Dara:”Have I changed much in 11years?” She asked in a childish manner

 

I shrugged,

 

Chaerin:”Yes, Unnie did, You became a better dancer and singer”

 

Dara:”How about my acting career?”

 

Chaerin:”I’m sorry Unnie, our group so too busy going abroad that YG declined a number of offers for us.”

 

It made me smile when Unnie held a black doll rabbit while we talked a number of questions about earlier life as an YG trainee.She sought my eyes, eagerly hoping to find a way to regain her memories… I let my guard fall in front of her, it was gone her eyes were blank and unrevealing as a shuttered house...

 

Dara:”Chaerin” she pleaded “tell me about us. Are we close? What do we feel about each other”

 

I fell silent for a moment, We're In love..but I still couldn't tell her

 

Chaerin:”This isn’t the time You’re still very weak. It’s better for Unnie to remember on her own.”
 

Dara:”Because, as you’ve pointed out, I could tell you that I were the moon (due to the phrase dara dara bright) and you’d believe me”  She came closer and laid her hand unto mine. “Should I distrust what you tell me, then?”

 

Chaerin:”No, I want Unnie to trust me” I said lowering my voice to increase intimacy “And I think you’ll trust me more if I don’t plant ideas in your head.”

 

Dara:”But, if my memory doesn’t come back?”

 

Chaerin:”Let’s hope it does, because soon Unnie had to make a decision...But now I want you and I to get some sleep. I’m very tired”

 

She thought I was going to walk out at once, but at the last minute I laid here beside her. The softness of the bed smelled of sweet white roses that I came to claim. I brushed my lips lightly on her forehead, controlling my desire to put my arms around her waist.. She let out a soft sigh almost giving me ideas to touch her more casually…    

 

Dara:"I’m sorry" She drew a long breath facing me as she laid and her face touch the newly washed pillow case “I trust you. It’s strange when I don’t know you, but I believe you”

 

We were too close the scent of her body drifted as I inhaled it. It was the kind of fragrance that would cling to my sheets and pillows and haunt me forever. Brown eyes glanced everywhere, that much was obvious..I made her uncomfortable. Everything she does made me smile even the sweet baby fine hair that grew across her forehead made her look younger. With my free hand, touched her chin, I want her lips.

Startled, she glanced up.

 

Dara:”What are you doing?” she asked softly cuddling Tamtam

 

Chaerin:”Go to sleep”  

 

Only to reduce my goodnight kiss into the softness of her cheeks